Re: P25 North America reflector

So just to clarify, I don’t think MY traffic is of issue.  My hotspot functions fine on every other Talkgroup I use.  I think the issue is one, or some, of those 150+ gateways that are connected.  Either their equipment isn’t set up right or isn’t configured correctly, or what have you.  I’d say half of all the QSO’s on my hotspot dashboard I see all have packet loss in the red...

Somewhere, that data isn’t being passed thru correctly and it’s causing me to hear words being dropped out or even repeated twice like the data bits got stuck like a broken record.  I’m not sure how resource-intensive P25 is as far as passing data over IP but it stands to reason that with 150+ gateways of various modes such as analog, DMR, Fusion/Wires-X, NXDN, and whatever else there is connected, during the conversion to P25 there would be some data bits being lost.  To me that seems like a lot of connections even if they were all P25 which they’re not.  Bottom line is I would like to see participation and usage of the Talkgroup be much better because it has potential, but I’ve heard numerous people say they don’t use it anymore because of all the  data “problems”, so I would like to try and figure out where the issues are occurring...