Date   

Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

david bencini ik5xmk
 

Hi Steve,

i'm making some tests, to dmr master server no problem to connect to, 
but on xlx side i've this error:

DEBUG 2017-10-02 06:13:39,719 Logging system started, anything from here on gets logged
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:39,720 HBlink 'HBlink.py' (c) 2016 N0MJS & the K0USY Group - SYSTEM STARTING...
DEBUG 2017-10-02 06:13:39,721 (REPEATER-1) Client maintenance loop started
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:39,722 (REPEATER-1) Sending login request to master 185.203.118.66:55555
DEBUG 2017-10-02 06:13:39,722 CLIENT instance created: REPEATER-1, <__main__.HBSYSTEM instance at 0x7fbf0433aab8>
DEBUG 2017-10-02 06:13:39,723 (REPEATER-2) Client maintenance loop started
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:39,723 (REPEATER-2) Sending login request to master 5.249.151.111:62030
DEBUG 2017-10-02 06:13:39,723 CLIENT instance created: REPEATER-2, <__main__.HBSYSTEM instance at 0x7fbf040fb878>
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:39,724 (REPEATER-1) Repeater Login ACK Received with 32bit ID: 2225069
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:39,725 (REPEATER-1) Repeater Authentication Accepted
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:39,725 (REPEATER-1) Repeater Configuration Sent
DEBUG 2017-10-02 06:13:39,726 (REPEATER-1) MSTPONG Received. Pongs Since Connected: 1
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:39,727 (REPEATER-1) Repeater Configuration Accepted
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:39,727 (REPEATER-1) Connection to Master Completed
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:39,768 (REPEATER-2) Repeater Login ACK Received with 32bit ID: 1228258867
ERROR 2017-10-02 06:13:39,813 (REPEATER-2) Master ACK Contained wrong ID - Connection Reset
DEBUG 2017-10-02 06:13:44,725 (REPEATER-1) Client maintenance loop started
DEBUG 2017-10-02 06:13:44,726 (REPEATER-1) RPTPING Sent to Master. Pings Since Connected: 1
DEBUG 2017-10-02 06:13:44,726 (REPEATER-2) Client maintenance loop started
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:44,726 (REPEATER-2) Sending login request to master 5.249.151.111:62030
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:44,771 (REPEATER-2) Repeater Login ACK Received with 32bit ID: 1228258867
ERROR 2017-10-02 06:13:44,816 (REPEATER-2) Master ACK Contained wrong ID - Connection Reset
^CINFO 2017-10-02 06:13:45,300 SHUTDOWN: HBLINK IS TERMINATING WITH SIGNAL 2
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:45,300 SHUTDOWN: DE-REGISTER SYSTEM: REPEATER-1
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:45,301 (REPEATER-1) De-Registeration sent to Master: 185.203.118.66:55555
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:45,301 SHUTDOWN: DE-REGISTER SYSTEM: REPEATER-2
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:45,302 (REPEATER-2) De-Registeration sent to Master: 5.249.151.111:62030
INFO 2017-10-02 06:13:45,302 SHUTDOWN: ALL SYSTEM HANDLERS EXECUTED - STOPPING REACTOR

form xlx log:

root@superciuk:~# tail -f /var/log/messages
Oct  2 12:19:55 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm connect packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72
Oct  2 12:19:55 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm authentication packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72
Oct  2 12:20:00 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm connect packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72
Oct  2 12:20:00 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm authentication packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72
Oct  2 12:20:05 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm connect packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72
Oct  2 12:20:05 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm authentication packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72
Oct  2 12:20:10 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm connect packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72
Oct  2 12:20:10 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm authentication packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72
Oct  2 12:20:15 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm connect packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72
Oct  2 12:20:15 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm authentication packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72
Oct  2 12:20:20 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm connect packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72
Oct  2 12:20:20 superciuk xlxd: DMRmmdvm authentication packet from IZ5ILG  B at 185.177.59.72

I tried with some callsigns and ids, but i think there is a problem in the code linking to xlx...
can you help me ?

thank you

David






2017-09-29 11:39 GMT+02:00 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>:

David,
Your next step is to make sure HBlink can login to the 2 servers.
I suggest you test each connection separately by disabling one of the clients.
Rename or copy hblink-SAMPLE.cfg to hblink.cfg.
Run hblink.py in the foreground and watch the console to verify valid login.
You can then reduce the log level by changing LOG_LEVEL: DEBUG to LOG_LEVEL: INFO

Once that works, enable both clients, run hblink.py  and watch the console for errors.
If everything looks good you can run hb_bridge_all.py and test for traffic passing between the 2 servers.

73, Steve N4IRS

 

On 09/29/2017 04:54 AM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Hi Steve, i'm looking for hblink-SAMPLE.cfg to work with this software.

Can you help me to understand how to handle this link?

In practice hblink should be able to connect as mmdvm client to the XLX dstar reflector, so act in configuration in this way?

[REPEATER-1]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 62030
MASTER_PORT: 62030
PASSPHRASE: homebrew
CALLSIGN: IK5XMK
RADIO_ID: 2225013
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 2
...

and then, on the other side, to DMR MASTER server as mmdvm client repeater:


[REPEATER-2]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 55555
MASTER_PORT: 55555
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
CALLSIGN: IK5XMK
RADIO_ID: 2225013
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 2
...

on [MASTER-1]
ENABLED: False

What else do you need to hblink to work?
Is this a way to think about a collector between the two networks? This is for the first step to try the link...

Thank you,
David

... must i to open a new topic for this?

2017-09-28 21:26 GMT+02:00 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>:
David,
Since both "endpoints" speak HBR protocol (MMDVM) it might be as simple as using HBlink:
dmrmaster <---> HBlink <---> XLX.
The problem that you might run into that HBlink does omore checking of the source ID. That is where DMRGateway came in.
Cort or Mike may chime in will a more detailed answer. Since it's only software (did I really say that?) It's worth a try. Take it one side at a time and build into the middle.

Steve

On 9/28/2017 3:15 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Thank you Steve. It can be a way to try. Good!

At the end (only me ?) i need a software that side A it connects an xlx module (like standard mmdvm repeater) and
side B it connects a dmrmaster server (like standard mmdvm repeater), so when i hit  a TG i can hear me on dstar and viceversa.
Transcoding is fully working on my xlx.
I think (wrong tinking?) that it is not difficult to bring a data flow from a system to other, with same homebrew protocol.

by the way, thank you and best 73 to you and to all guys on group

David IK5XMK

2017-09-28 20:59 GMT+02:00 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>:
David,
I do not know of a way to connect DMR+, IPSC2 or DMRMaster to XLX. If, and it's a BIG if, IPSC2 can connect to IPSC_Bridge (DMRlink) it might go something like this:
IPSC2 <---> IPSC_Bridge <---> HB_Bridge <---> DMRGateway <---> XLX. I think I remember someone posting that he needed DMRGateway from G4KLX to connect HB_Bridge to XLX.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 9/28/2017 2:50 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Hi Steve, great work !! Thank you.

Please, where can i find informations/which software/configuration about linking my dmr server (dmrmaster.webandcloud.net or ipsc2.webandcloud.net
to my xlx dstar server (http://vpngrf.webandcloud.net/db/dashboard/index.php) that it has an hardware transcoder server (2 USB ThumbDV)  into? I need a dmr flow to put into my
dstar system so i can join my dstar/dmr repeaters in my region. Now i can link my mmdvm repeater directly to xlx via dmrmmdvm protocol, and it works
very well with good audio, but a lot of friends are on dmr servers and i need a "connector" from dmr world to dstar one :)

Thank you for any infos
73, David IK5XMK






Re: DV3000

Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...>
 

Ya I'm running the older version and ambe_audio.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com

On Sep 29, 2017 6:48 PM, "Steve N4IRS" <szingman@...> wrote:
Am I correct you are running the older DMRGateway and ambe_audio? Not saying that's it, just making sure what we are looking at.

Steve

On 09/29/2017 06:45 PM, Bob N1XBM wrote:
I noticed when talking from Allstar to BM, when I look at my zum spot running the pi-star image that my loss numbers are quite high. It seems to sound fine. I understand this is not the pi-star group or zum spot, but I've only noticed the problem when talking from analog to dmr.

Anyone eles notice this?

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com


Re: DV3000

Steve N4IRS
 

Am I correct you are running the older DMRGateway and ambe_audio? Not saying that's it, just making sure what we are looking at.

Steve

On 09/29/2017 06:45 PM, Bob N1XBM wrote:
I noticed when talking from Allstar to BM, when I look at my zum spot running the pi-star image that my loss numbers are quite high. It seems to sound fine. I understand this is not the pi-star group or zum spot, but I've only noticed the problem when talking from analog to dmr.

Anyone eles notice this?

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com


DV3000

Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...>
 

I noticed when talking from Allstar to BM, when I look at my zum spot running the pi-star image that my loss numbers are quite high. It seems to sound fine. I understand this is not the pi-star group or zum spot, but I've only noticed the problem when talking from analog to dmr.

Anyone eles notice this?

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com


Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

Steve N4IRS
 

I could not say it any better then Cort. For me it's about open source tools that allow people to control their own destiny. I'n not out to build a giant network and have to admin it. Oh, and "sticking it to the man" ain't so bad either.

DVSwitch is the next logical step in how Partners connect to each other and how that that traffic flows. Nothing giant, just versatile

Steve.  

On 09/29/2017 05:42 PM, Cort N0MJS wrote:
I should be clear.... you CAN build a “network” with our tools. Being lord and master of yet another DMR fiefdom is not part of our plan.

0x49 DE N0MJS

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2017, at 4:00 PM, Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...> wrote:

I am strongly opposed to single-entity control of networking as it has always been with DMR... because we end up with disparate “networks” fighting over who’s better than the other.

I started DMRlink almost 4.5 years ago with the goal of building tools and knowledge for networking, but not to “build a network”.

0x49 DE N0MJS

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2017, at 2:55 PM, Matthew 2E0SIP <groups.io@...> wrote:

Welcome back guys, thanks for your continued efforts.

Out of curiosity, what's the end goal for DVSwitch? Is it intended as a small scale tool for bridging modes and networks, or is the end goal for it to function as a standalone network itself, with 'nodes' distributed globally? 

Thanks

Matthew
2E0SIP

 

 



Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

Matthew 2E0SIP
 

Hi Cort,

Thanks for the reply. I'm with you on that, 100%. That said I think there's room for an agnostic, open source and decentralised 'network', perhaps one that merely routes traffic between other entities that can choose themselves what traffic they carry, how the network is accessed etc. Easier said than done I guess.

Unfortunately I think there will always be a need for an impartial 'regulator' to allocate talk groups, DMR IDs and the like.

Cheers
Matthew
2E0SIP


Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
 

I should be clear.... you CAN build a “network” with our tools. Being lord and master of yet another DMR fiefdom is not part of our plan.

0x49 DE N0MJS

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2017, at 4:00 PM, Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...> wrote:

I am strongly opposed to single-entity control of networking as it has always been with DMR... because we end up with disparate “networks” fighting over who’s better than the other.

I started DMRlink almost 4.5 years ago with the goal of building tools and knowledge for networking, but not to “build a network”.

0x49 DE N0MJS

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2017, at 2:55 PM, Matthew 2E0SIP <groups.io@...> wrote:

Welcome back guys, thanks for your continued efforts.

Out of curiosity, what's the end goal for DVSwitch? Is it intended as a small scale tool for bridging modes and networks, or is the end goal for it to function as a standalone network itself, with 'nodes' distributed globally? 

Thanks

Matthew
2E0SIP

 

 


Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
 

I am strongly opposed to single-entity control of networking as it has always been with DMR... because we end up with disparate “networks” fighting over who’s better than the other.

I started DMRlink almost 4.5 years ago with the goal of building tools and knowledge for networking, but not to “build a network”.

0x49 DE N0MJS

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2017, at 2:55 PM, Matthew 2E0SIP <groups.io@...> wrote:

Welcome back guys, thanks for your continued efforts.

Out of curiosity, what's the end goal for DVSwitch? Is it intended as a small scale tool for bridging modes and networks, or is the end goal for it to function as a standalone network itself, with 'nodes' distributed globally? 

Thanks

Matthew
2E0SIP

 

 


Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

Matthew 2E0SIP
 

Welcome back guys, thanks for your continued efforts.

Out of curiosity, what's the end goal for DVSwitch? Is it intended as a small scale tool for bridging modes and networks, or is the end goal for it to function as a standalone network itself, with 'nodes' distributed globally? 

Thanks

Matthew
2E0SIP

 

 


Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

Steve N4IRS
 

David,
Your next step is to make sure HBlink can login to the 2 servers.
I suggest you test each connection separately by disabling one of the clients.
Rename or copy hblink-SAMPLE.cfg to hblink.cfg.
Run hblink.py in the foreground and watch the console to verify valid login.
You can then reduce the log level by changing LOG_LEVEL: DEBUG to LOG_LEVEL: INFO

Once that works, enable both clients, run hblink.py  and watch the console for errors.
If everything looks good you can run hb_bridge_all.py and test for traffic passing between the 2 servers.

73, Steve N4IRS

 

On 09/29/2017 04:54 AM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Hi Steve, i'm looking for hblink-SAMPLE.cfg to work with this software.

Can you help me to understand how to handle this link?

In practice hblink should be able to connect as mmdvm client to the XLX dstar reflector, so act in configuration in this way?

[REPEATER-1]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 62030
MASTER_PORT: 62030
PASSPHRASE: homebrew
CALLSIGN: IK5XMK
RADIO_ID: 2225013
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 2
...

and then, on the other side, to DMR MASTER server as mmdvm client repeater:


[REPEATER-2]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 55555
MASTER_PORT: 55555
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
CALLSIGN: IK5XMK
RADIO_ID: 2225013
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 2
...

on [MASTER-1]
ENABLED: False

What else do you need to hblink to work?
Is this a way to think about a collector between the two networks? This is for the first step to try the link...

Thank you,
David

... must i to open a new topic for this?

2017-09-28 21:26 GMT+02:00 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>:
David,
Since both "endpoints" speak HBR protocol (MMDVM) it might be as simple as using HBlink:
dmrmaster <---> HBlink <---> XLX.
The problem that you might run into that HBlink does omore checking of the source ID. That is where DMRGateway came in.
Cort or Mike may chime in will a more detailed answer. Since it's only software (did I really say that?) It's worth a try. Take it one side at a time and build into the middle.

Steve

On 9/28/2017 3:15 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Thank you Steve. It can be a way to try. Good!

At the end (only me ?) i need a software that side A it connects an xlx module (like standard mmdvm repeater) and
side B it connects a dmrmaster server (like standard mmdvm repeater), so when i hit  a TG i can hear me on dstar and viceversa.
Transcoding is fully working on my xlx.
I think (wrong tinking?) that it is not difficult to bring a data flow from a system to other, with same homebrew protocol.

by the way, thank you and best 73 to you and to all guys on group

David IK5XMK

2017-09-28 20:59 GMT+02:00 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>:
David,
I do not know of a way to connect DMR+, IPSC2 or DMRMaster to XLX. If, and it's a BIG if, IPSC2 can connect to IPSC_Bridge (DMRlink) it might go something like this:
IPSC2 <---> IPSC_Bridge <---> HB_Bridge <---> DMRGateway <---> XLX. I think I remember someone posting that he needed DMRGateway from G4KLX to connect HB_Bridge to XLX.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 9/28/2017 2:50 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Hi Steve, great work !! Thank you.

Please, where can i find informations/which software/configuration about linking my dmr server (dmrmaster.webandcloud.net or ipsc2.webandcloud.net
to my xlx dstar server (http://vpngrf.webandcloud.net/db/dashboard/index.php) that it has an hardware transcoder server (2 USB ThumbDV)  into? I need a dmr flow to put into my
dstar system so i can join my dstar/dmr repeaters in my region. Now i can link my mmdvm repeater directly to xlx via dmrmmdvm protocol, and it works
very well with good audio, but a lot of friends are on dmr servers and i need a "connector" from dmr world to dstar one :)

Thank you for any infos
73, David IK5XMK





Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

david bencini ik5xmk
 

Hi Steve, i'm looking for hblink-SAMPLE.cfg to work with this software.

Can you help me to understand how to handle this link?

In practice hblink should be able to connect as mmdvm client to the XLX dstar reflector, so act in configuration in this way?

[REPEATER-1]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 62030
MASTER_PORT: 62030
PASSPHRASE: homebrew
CALLSIGN: IK5XMK
RADIO_ID: 2225013
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 2
...

and then, on the other side, to DMR MASTER server as mmdvm client repeater:


[REPEATER-2]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 55555
MASTER_PORT: 55555
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
CALLSIGN: IK5XMK
RADIO_ID: 2225013
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 2
...

on [MASTER-1]
ENABLED: False

What else do you need to hblink to work?
Is this a way to think about a collector between the two networks? This is for the first step to try the link...

Thank you,
David

... must i to open a new topic for this?

2017-09-28 21:26 GMT+02:00 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>:

David,
Since both "endpoints" speak HBR protocol (MMDVM) it might be as simple as using HBlink:
dmrmaster <---> HBlink <---> XLX.
The problem that you might run into that HBlink does omore checking of the source ID. That is where DMRGateway came in.
Cort or Mike may chime in will a more detailed answer. Since it's only software (did I really say that?) It's worth a try. Take it one side at a time and build into the middle.

Steve

On 9/28/2017 3:15 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Thank you Steve. It can be a way to try. Good!

At the end (only me ?) i need a software that side A it connects an xlx module (like standard mmdvm repeater) and
side B it connects a dmrmaster server (like standard mmdvm repeater), so when i hit  a TG i can hear me on dstar and viceversa.
Transcoding is fully working on my xlx.
I think (wrong tinking?) that it is not difficult to bring a data flow from a system to other, with same homebrew protocol.

by the way, thank you and best 73 to you and to all guys on group

David IK5XMK

2017-09-28 20:59 GMT+02:00 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>:
David,
I do not know of a way to connect DMR+, IPSC2 or DMRMaster to XLX. If, and it's a BIG if, IPSC2 can connect to IPSC_Bridge (DMRlink) it might go something like this:
IPSC2 <---> IPSC_Bridge <---> HB_Bridge <---> DMRGateway <---> XLX. I think I remember someone posting that he needed DMRGateway from G4KLX to connect HB_Bridge to XLX.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 9/28/2017 2:50 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Hi Steve, great work !! Thank you.

Please, where can i find informations/which software/configuration about linking my dmr server (dmrmaster.webandcloud.net or ipsc2.webandcloud.net
to my xlx dstar server (http://vpngrf.webandcloud.net/db/dashboard/index.php) that it has an hardware transcoder server (2 USB ThumbDV)  into? I need a dmr flow to put into my
dstar system so i can join my dstar/dmr repeaters in my region. Now i can link my mmdvm repeater directly to xlx via dmrmmdvm protocol, and it works
very well with good audio, but a lot of friends are on dmr servers and i need a "connector" from dmr world to dstar one :)

Thank you for any infos
73, David IK5XMK




Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

Steve N4IRS
 

David,
Since both "endpoints" speak HBR protocol (MMDVM) it might be as simple as using HBlink:
dmrmaster <---> HBlink <---> XLX.
The problem that you might run into that HBlink does omore checking of the source ID. That is where DMRGateway came in.
Cort or Mike may chime in will a more detailed answer. Since it's only software (did I really say that?) It's worth a try. Take it one side at a time and build into the middle.

Steve

On 9/28/2017 3:15 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Thank you Steve. It can be a way to try. Good!

At the end (only me ?) i need a software that side A it connects an xlx module (like standard mmdvm repeater) and
side B it connects a dmrmaster server (like standard mmdvm repeater), so when i hit  a TG i can hear me on dstar and viceversa.
Transcoding is fully working on my xlx.
I think (wrong tinking?) that it is not difficult to bring a data flow from a system to other, with same homebrew protocol.

by the way, thank you and best 73 to you and to all guys on group

David IK5XMK

2017-09-28 20:59 GMT+02:00 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>:
David,
I do not know of a way to connect DMR+, IPSC2 or DMRMaster to XLX. If, and it's a BIG if, IPSC2 can connect to IPSC_Bridge (DMRlink) it might go something like this:
IPSC2 <---> IPSC_Bridge <---> HB_Bridge <---> DMRGateway <---> XLX. I think I remember someone posting that he needed DMRGateway from G4KLX to connect HB_Bridge to XLX.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 9/28/2017 2:50 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Hi Steve, great work !! Thank you.

Please, where can i find informations/which software/configuration about linking my dmr server (dmrmaster.webandcloud.net or ipsc2.webandcloud.net
to my xlx dstar server (http://vpngrf.webandcloud.net/db/dashboard/index.php) that it has an hardware transcoder server (2 USB ThumbDV)  into? I need a dmr flow to put into my
dstar system so i can join my dstar/dmr repeaters in my region. Now i can link my mmdvm repeater directly to xlx via dmrmmdvm protocol, and it works
very well with good audio, but a lot of friends are on dmr servers and i need a "connector" from dmr world to dstar one :)

Thank you for any infos
73, David IK5XMK



Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

david bencini ik5xmk
 

Thank you Steve. It can be a way to try. Good!

At the end (only me ?) i need a software that side A it connects an xlx module (like standard mmdvm repeater) and
side B it connects a dmrmaster server (like standard mmdvm repeater), so when i hit  a TG i can hear me on dstar and viceversa.
Transcoding is fully working on my xlx.
I think (wrong tinking?) that it is not difficult to bring a data flow from a system to other, with same homebrew protocol.

by the way, thank you and best 73 to you and to all guys on group

David IK5XMK

2017-09-28 20:59 GMT+02:00 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>:

David,
I do not know of a way to connect DMR+, IPSC2 or DMRMaster to XLX. If, and it's a BIG if, IPSC2 can connect to IPSC_Bridge (DMRlink) it might go something like this:
IPSC2 <---> IPSC_Bridge <---> HB_Bridge <---> DMRGateway <---> XLX. I think I remember someone posting that he needed DMRGateway from G4KLX to connect HB_Bridge to XLX.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 9/28/2017 2:50 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Hi Steve, great work !! Thank you.

Please, where can i find informations/which software/configuration about linking my dmr server (dmrmaster.webandcloud.net or ipsc2.webandcloud.net
to my xlx dstar server (http://vpngrf.webandcloud.net/db/dashboard/index.php) that it has an hardware transcoder server (2 USB ThumbDV)  into? I need a dmr flow to put into my
dstar system so i can join my dstar/dmr repeaters in my region. Now i can link my mmdvm repeater directly to xlx via dmrmmdvm protocol, and it works
very well with good audio, but a lot of friends are on dmr servers and i need a "connector" from dmr world to dstar one :)

Thank you for any infos
73, David IK5XMK



Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

Steve N4IRS
 

David,
I do not know of a way to connect DMR+, IPSC2 or DMRMaster to XLX. If, and it's a BIG if, IPSC2 can connect to IPSC_Bridge (DMRlink) it might go something like this:
IPSC2 <---> IPSC_Bridge <---> HB_Bridge <---> DMRGateway <---> XLX. I think I remember someone posting that he needed DMRGateway from G4KLX to connect HB_Bridge to XLX.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 9/28/2017 2:50 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Hi Steve, great work !! Thank you.

Please, where can i find informations/which software/configuration about linking my dmr server (dmrmaster.webandcloud.net or ipsc2.webandcloud.net) 
to my xlx dstar server (http://vpngrf.webandcloud.net/db/dashboard/index.php) that it has an hardware transcoder server (2 USB ThumbDV)  into? I need a dmr flow to put into my
dstar system so i can join my dstar/dmr repeaters in my region. Now i can link my mmdvm repeater directly to xlx via dmrmmdvm protocol, and it works
very well with good audio, but a lot of friends are on dmr servers and i need a "connector" from dmr world to dstar one :)

Thank you for any infos
73, David IK5XMK
_._,_._,_


Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

david bencini ik5xmk
 

Hi Steve, great work !! Thank you.

Please, where can i find informations/which software/configuration about linking my dmr server (dmrmaster.webandcloud.net or ipsc2.webandcloud.net) 
to my xlx dstar server (http://vpngrf.webandcloud.net/db/dashboard/index.php) that it has an hardware transcoder server (2 USB ThumbDV)  into? I need a dmr flow to put into my
dstar system so i can join my dstar/dmr repeaters in my region. Now i can link my mmdvm repeater directly to xlx via dmrmmdvm protocol, and it works
very well with good audio, but a lot of friends are on dmr servers and i need a "connector" from dmr world to dstar one :)

Thank you for any infos
73, David IK5XMK


Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

David KE6UPI
 

Thanks for the update and great work you all have done.


--
Thanks, David
KE6UPI

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
Thomas Jefferson


Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

Steve N4IRS
 
Edited

Greetings to all old and new members.
 September has been a quiet month for Cort, Mike and me. I think we have all been taking a break after a rush of activity last month. I also had the pleasure of a uninvited guest, Irma. That being said, things are starting to heat up again. We have started cleaning up the repositories and retiring some of the older, little used programs. These programs are not going away. We are just moving them into a separate directory. Feel free to use and or edit them to taste.

 DMRlink including IPSC_Bridge has proven to be very stable in production. From the volume of my e-mail, I can say there are quite a few Conference Bridges in production. They are running on everything from a RPi to a VM in a data center. If you are building a network where most of the devices and networks are IPSC based (Motorola), DMRlink and confbridge are the tools you need. If your network is based on HB protocol (MMDVM) HBlink and  hb_confbridge will give you the ability to build your network "your way" IPSC_Bridge, HB_Bridge and Analog_Bridge will allow you to add connectivity to other network types. With these tools you can add a MMDVM repeater or HotSpot to your IPSC network. You can add a Motorola repeater to your MMDVM network. Analog_Bridge will give you a connection to an analog network or repeater. Both AllStarLink and EchoLink are supported.

 IPSC_Bridge, HB_Bridge and Analog_Bridge are referred to as Partners. There are a few other programs that can be used to connect. For example, you want to add a D-Star connection to your DMR network. We have added the ability to import and export PCM audio (analog) to and from DummyRepeater by G4KLX. Partner this with Analog_Bridge and you have a way to connect to D-Star. There is at least 1 other AMBE based network Partner in the proof of concept stage. Stay tuned.

 As we add more Partners, we are getting close to the need for a method of connecting multiple (more then 2) partners together. Yes, with a little drawing on a napkin, you can figure out how to do this now. We think it's time to start fleshing out DVSwitch. As the name suggests, accept connections from multiple Partners and provide a way to control the paths. Now is the time for your input. Please understand, this will take time and planning. We do not want to go down a path and find out though it works, it's a dead end. Let's hear your ideas. If you can code, preferably in Python we can use your help. There are quite a few things that can still be done to the existing programs. You help would be welcome.

I 'm make my usual plea. PLEASE change your display name on the forum to include your call sign. It make it SO much easier to identify (no pun intended) who we are talking to. Al the more important as we get close to 100 members. (95 as of today)

For Cort, N0MJS, Mike, N4IRR and me,

73, Steve N4IRS


Re: Hoping these config files look ok

Steven Blackford
 

Yep, it successfully logged in & is sending the RTTPPING & MSTPONG's  messages. I ran the command as /usr/bin/python /opt/hblink/HB_Bridge.py as root.  I even did a reset on the IP via the selfcare page & I watched it log back in successfully.  I have Telegram up & running if that'd be easier.  Thanks again.

Steve


On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
You are running HB_Bridge.py? "python HB_Bridge.py" in the foreground. Are you seeing any traffic in either direction at the console?


On 9/25/2017 10:38 AM, Steven Blackford wrote:
Hi Steve,
     Yeah, that would help wouldn't it! Ok, I've made the adjustments & HB_Bridge successfully logs into the BM Network.  I'm not seeing any response If I key up on TG 31254 though.  I don't see any traffic.  My "Repeater ID" is my DMR ID.  Since I don't have a repeater, I made the adjustments & it's is showing up in my list of hotspots on the BM Selfcare portal.  I've assigned 31254 as a static TG on TS 2 which is how I have it setup in the software.  Does anything else have to be setup on the BM side?  I'm using 3102 as my server in case that helps.  The ID I'm using is 3137156.  Thanks for helping with all this!  73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI


On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 5:41 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Steve,
You have hblink configured as a Master. With what you are trying yo do, you need to be a client to the BM server. See below:

73, Steve N4IRS

# MASTER INSTANCES - DUPLICATE SECTION FOR MULTIPLE MASTERS
# HomeBrew Protocol Master instances go here.
# IP may be left blank if there's one interface on your system.
# Port should be the port you want this master to listen on. It must be unique
# and unused by anything else.
# Repeat - if True, the master repeats traffic to clients, False, it does nothing.
[MASTER-1]
MODE: MASTER
ENABLED: False
REPEAT: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP: 127.0.0.1
PORT: 62031
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5

# CLIENT INSTANCES - DUPLICATE SECTION FOR MULTIPLE CLIENTS
# There are a LOT of errors in the HB Protocol specifications on this one!
# MOST of these items are just strings and will be properly dealt with by the program
# The TX & RX Frequencies are 9-digit numbers, and are the frequency in Hz.
# Latitude is an 8-digit unsigned floating point number.
# Longitude is a 9-digit signed floating point number.
# Height is in meters
[REPEATER-1]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 54001
MASTER_IP:
MASTER_PORT: 62031
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
CALLSIGN: K4SQI
RADIO_ID: 1234567  <------- Put your repeater ID here.
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 3
LATITUDE: 41.7333
LONGITUDE: -50.3999
HEIGHT: 75
LOCATION: Iceberg, USA
DESCRIPTION: HBlink repeater
URL: https://groups.io/g/DVSwitch
SOFTWARE_ID: 20170620
PACKAGE_ID: MMDVM_HBlink
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5
OPTIONS:


On 09/25/2017 12:40 AM, Steven Blackford wrote:
Hello,
   I've been following the group for a while & have been exchanging emails with Steve, N4IRS over the past few days.  I'm hoping to create a DMR<->D-Star bridge using Analog_Bridge, Dummy Repeater, HB_Bridge.  I have the D-Star side of things configured.  ircDDBGateway is running, I have DummyRepeater working & it sees traffic coming from the network.  I'm wanting to create this bridge from XRF054A on D-Star over to BM TG 31254.  I've attached my initial config files.  I was working on things this evening when I got called out to work.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks & 73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI




--
-----
Steve, kb7sqi@...




--
-----
Steve, kb7sqi@...


Re: Hoping these config files look ok

Steve N4IRS
 

You are running HB_Bridge.py? "python HB_Bridge.py" in the foreground. Are you seeing any traffic in either direction at the console?

On 9/25/2017 10:38 AM, Steven Blackford wrote:
Hi Steve,
     Yeah, that would help wouldn't it! Ok, I've made the adjustments & HB_Bridge successfully logs into the BM Network.  I'm not seeing any response If I key up on TG 31254 though.  I don't see any traffic.  My "Repeater ID" is my DMR ID.  Since I don't have a repeater, I made the adjustments & it's is showing up in my list of hotspots on the BM Selfcare portal.  I've assigned 31254 as a static TG on TS 2 which is how I have it setup in the software.  Does anything else have to be setup on the BM side?  I'm using 3102 as my server in case that helps.  The ID I'm using is 3137156.  Thanks for helping with all this!  73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI


On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 5:41 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Steve,
You have hblink configured as a Master. With what you are trying yo do, you need to be a client to the BM server. See below:

73, Steve N4IRS

# MASTER INSTANCES - DUPLICATE SECTION FOR MULTIPLE MASTERS
# HomeBrew Protocol Master instances go here.
# IP may be left blank if there's one interface on your system.
# Port should be the port you want this master to listen on. It must be unique
# and unused by anything else.
# Repeat - if True, the master repeats traffic to clients, False, it does nothing.
[MASTER-1]
MODE: MASTER
ENABLED: False
REPEAT: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP: 127.0.0.1
PORT: 62031
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5

# CLIENT INSTANCES - DUPLICATE SECTION FOR MULTIPLE CLIENTS
# There are a LOT of errors in the HB Protocol specifications on this one!
# MOST of these items are just strings and will be properly dealt with by the program
# The TX & RX Frequencies are 9-digit numbers, and are the frequency in Hz.
# Latitude is an 8-digit unsigned floating point number.
# Longitude is a 9-digit signed floating point number.
# Height is in meters
[REPEATER-1]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 54001
MASTER_IP:
MASTER_PORT: 62031
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
CALLSIGN: K4SQI
RADIO_ID: 1234567  <------- Put your repeater ID here.
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 3
LATITUDE: 41.7333
LONGITUDE: -50.3999
HEIGHT: 75
LOCATION: Iceberg, USA
DESCRIPTION: HBlink repeater
URL: https://groups.io/g/DVSwitch
SOFTWARE_ID: 20170620
PACKAGE_ID: MMDVM_HBlink
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5
OPTIONS:


On 09/25/2017 12:40 AM, Steven Blackford wrote:
Hello,
   I've been following the group for a while & have been exchanging emails with Steve, N4IRS over the past few days.  I'm hoping to create a DMR<->D-Star bridge using Analog_Bridge, Dummy Repeater, HB_Bridge.  I have the D-Star side of things configured.  ircDDBGateway is running, I have DummyRepeater working & it sees traffic coming from the network.  I'm wanting to create this bridge from XRF054A on D-Star over to BM TG 31254.  I've attached my initial config files.  I was working on things this evening when I got called out to work.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks & 73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI




--
-----
Steve, kb7sqi@...


Re: Hoping these config files look ok

Steven Blackford
 

Hi Steve,
     Yeah, that would help wouldn't it! Ok, I've made the adjustments & HB_Bridge successfully logs into the BM Network.  I'm not seeing any response If I key up on TG 31254 though.  I don't see any traffic.  My "Repeater ID" is my DMR ID.  Since I don't have a repeater, I made the adjustments & it's is showing up in my list of hotspots on the BM Selfcare portal.  I've assigned 31254 as a static TG on TS 2 which is how I have it setup in the software.  Does anything else have to be setup on the BM side?  I'm using 3102 as my server in case that helps.  The ID I'm using is 3137156.  Thanks for helping with all this!  73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI


On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 5:41 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Steve,
You have hblink configured as a Master. With what you are trying yo do, you need to be a client to the BM server. See below:

73, Steve N4IRS

# MASTER INSTANCES - DUPLICATE SECTION FOR MULTIPLE MASTERS
# HomeBrew Protocol Master instances go here.
# IP may be left blank if there's one interface on your system.
# Port should be the port you want this master to listen on. It must be unique
# and unused by anything else.
# Repeat - if True, the master repeats traffic to clients, False, it does nothing.
[MASTER-1]
MODE: MASTER
ENABLED: False
REPEAT: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP: 127.0.0.1
PORT: 62031
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5

# CLIENT INSTANCES - DUPLICATE SECTION FOR MULTIPLE CLIENTS
# There are a LOT of errors in the HB Protocol specifications on this one!
# MOST of these items are just strings and will be properly dealt with by the program
# The TX & RX Frequencies are 9-digit numbers, and are the frequency in Hz.
# Latitude is an 8-digit unsigned floating point number.
# Longitude is a 9-digit signed floating point number.
# Height is in meters
[REPEATER-1]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 54001
MASTER_IP:
MASTER_PORT: 62031
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
CALLSIGN: K4SQI
RADIO_ID: 1234567  <------- Put your repeater ID here.
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 3
LATITUDE: 41.7333
LONGITUDE: -50.3999
HEIGHT: 75
LOCATION: Iceberg, USA
DESCRIPTION: HBlink repeater
URL: https://groups.io/g/DVSwitch
SOFTWARE_ID: 20170620
PACKAGE_ID: MMDVM_HBlink
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5
OPTIONS:


On 09/25/2017 12:40 AM, Steven Blackford wrote:
Hello,
   I've been following the group for a while & have been exchanging emails with Steve, N4IRS over the past few days.  I'm hoping to create a DMR<->D-Star bridge using Analog_Bridge, Dummy Repeater, HB_Bridge.  I have the D-Star side of things configured.  ircDDBGateway is running, I have DummyRepeater working & it sees traffic coming from the network.  I'm wanting to create this bridge from XRF054A on D-Star over to BM TG 31254.  I've attached my initial config files.  I was working on things this evening when I got called out to work.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks & 73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI




--
-----
Steve, kb7sqi@...

10301 - 10320 of 10734