Date   
Re: Setting up a remote base to DMR

Vince Vielhaber
 

In my case the antenna tuner is manual, so for now I have to go fixed freq. In the future I may be able to add an auto tuner (I have several).

Another feature in ASL's remote base stuff, it has memories. Go to a certain freq, PL Tone, Offset or Simplex, ...

Vince.

On 08/12/2019 06:25 PM, Steve KC1AWV wrote:
You know as I'm thinking about it, ASL has macros for controlling a base
station built into app_rpt already. So, using DVSwitch Mobile will give
you the ability to tune and such the remote base as if you were there at
the rig. This is giving me ideas... :)

Steve KC1AWV

YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Andrew Lynch
 

I have successfully set up a YSFReflector, and linked to a TGIF DMR talkgroup. Audio passes between the two, and the DMR ID lookup based on the MYCALL in a given Yaesu radio is working (DMR side sees the proper DMR ID of the YSF user). However, I can't seem to get callsigns to display on the Yaesu radio. I am using a Pi-Star-powered hotspot (3.14.7 I think), and the Callsigns appear on both the OLED display and on the dashboard. That leads me to think it's my hotspot not sending it along with the voice. But, I don't remember this actually working anywhere on YSF. This is my first sysop experience with YSF - I've mostly just participated on DMR, but wanted to have the option of YSF as well.

Is this expected behavior (callsign doesn't make it to the radio) or am I missing a config somewhere? I don't have a second hotspot (...yet) that I can test (have 2 YSF clients on the YSFReflector) and haven't found a guinea pig yet.

Thanks!
-Andy, KDØIOE

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Alec-N1AJW
 

the TGIF YSF2DMR bridge has mysteriously started working again.  update pistar and the host should be there.  I know that's not the answer to your question but you wont have to do this since its "mysteriously" started working.


Alec
N1AJW

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Andrew Lynch
 

Nope, this is a specific TG on the TGIF network, not the main one.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:32 PM Alec-N1AJW <alec.wasserman@...> wrote:
the TGIF YSF2DMR bridge has mysteriously started working again.  update pistar and the host should be there.  I know that's not the answer to your question but you wont have to do this since its "mysteriously" started working.


Alec
N1AJW



--
Andrew Lynch (KD0IOE)
lurch89@...

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Steve N4IRS
 

Andy,
What program are you using to line the reflector to the TG?

Steve N4IRS

On 8/13/2019 2:41 PM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
Nope, this is a specific TG on the TGIF network, not the main one.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:32 PM Alec-N1AJW <alec.wasserman@...> wrote:
the TGIF YSF2DMR bridge has mysteriously started working again.  update pistar and the host should be there.  I know that's not the answer to your question but you wont have to do this since its "mysteriously" started working.


Alec
N1AJW


--
Andrew Lynch (KD0IOE)
lurch89@...

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Andrew Lynch
 

MMDVM_Bridge from YSF to DMR, no Analog_Bridge or anything in between.



On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:03 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Andy,
What program are you using to line the reflector to the TG?

Steve N4IRS

On 8/13/2019 2:41 PM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
Nope, this is a specific TG on the TGIF network, not the main one.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:32 PM Alec-N1AJW <alec.wasserman@...> wrote:
the TGIF YSF2DMR bridge has mysteriously started working again.  update pistar and the host should be there.  I know that's not the answer to your question but you wont have to do this since its "mysteriously" started working.


Alec
N1AJW


--
Andrew Lynch (KD0IOE)
lurch89@...



--
Andrew Lynch (KD0IOE)
lurch89@...

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Steve N4IRS
 

OK,
Can you show me the log output when traffic is passing across the bridge?

On 8/13/2019 3:39 PM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
MMDVM_Bridge from YSF to DMR, no Analog_Bridge or anything in between.



On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:03 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Andy,
What program are you using to line the reflector to the TG?

Steve N4IRS

On 8/13/2019 2:41 PM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
Nope, this is a specific TG on the TGIF network, not the main one.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:32 PM Alec-N1AJW <alec.wasserman@...> wrote:
the TGIF YSF2DMR bridge has mysteriously started working again.  update pistar and the host should be there.  I know that's not the answer to your question but you wont have to do this since its "mysteriously" started working.


Alec
N1AJW


--
Andrew Lynch (KD0IOE)
lurch89@...



--
Andrew Lynch (KD0IOE)
lurch89@...

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Andrew Lynch
 

MMDVM Log (this time with better HTML formatting)
E: 2019-08-13 07:28:34.630 DMR, Connection to the master has timed out, retrying connection
M: 2019-08-13 07:28:34.630 DMR, Closing DMR Network
M: 2019-08-13 07:28:34.631 DMR, Opening DMR Network
E: 2019-08-13 07:29:44.641 DMR, Connection to the master has timed out, retrying connection
M: 2019-08-13 07:29:44.641 DMR, Closing DMR Network
M: 2019-08-13 07:29:44.641 DMR, Opening DMR Network
E: 2019-08-13 07:30:54.654 DMR, Connection to the master has timed out, retrying connection
M: 2019-08-13 07:30:54.654 DMR, Closing DMR Network
M: 2019-08-13 07:30:54.654 DMR, Opening DMR Network
M: 2019-08-13 07:31:14.821 DMR, Logged into the master successfully
M: 2019-08-13 12:00:21.723 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from K0CQW to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 12:00:21.724 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 12:00:21.724 YSF, Begin TX: src=3127285 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=K0CQW

I: 2019-08-13 12:00:21.962 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 12:00:27.661 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 5.9 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-08-13 12:00:27.661 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 12:26:25.812 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from KD0IOE to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 12:26:25.812 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 12:26:25.812 YSF, Begin TX: src=3138002 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=KD0IOE

I: 2019-08-13 12:26:25.834 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 12:26:27.838 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 2.8 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 10.1%
M: 2019-08-13 12:26:27.838 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 12:30:51.837 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from KD0IOE to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 12:30:51.837 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 12:30:51.837 YSF, Begin TX: src=3138002 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=KD0IOE

I: 2019-08-13 12:30:51.858 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 12:30:56.149 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 5.0 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-08-13 12:30:56.150 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 12:37:35.674 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from KD0IOE to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 12:37:35.674 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 12:37:35.674 YSF, Begin TX: src=3138002 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=KD0IOE

I: 2019-08-13 12:37:35.695 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 12:37:37.691 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 2.4 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 11.7%
M: 2019-08-13 12:37:37.691 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:26.293 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from W0JPJ to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:26.293 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 14:29:26.294 YSF, Begin TX: src=3127040 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=W0JPJ

W: 2019-08-13 14:29:26.446 DMR Slot 2, unhandled network data type - 0x0F
I: 2019-08-13 14:29:26.578 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:27.114 DMR Talker Alias (Data Format 1, Received 6/11 char): 'W0JPJ '
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:27.837 DMR Talker Alias (Data Format 1, Received 11/11 char): 'W0JPJ Jarod'
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:29.758 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 3.4 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:29.758 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:22.870 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from W0JPJ to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:22.871 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 15:40:22.871 YSF, Begin TX: src=3127040 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=W0JPJ

I: 2019-08-13 15:40:22.902 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:23.070 DMR Talker Alias (Data Format 1, Received 6/11 char): 'W0JPJ '
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:23.787 DMR Talker Alias (Data Format 1, Received 11/11 char): 'W0JPJ Jarod'
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:26.790 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 4.4 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:26.790 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 19:31:26.996 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from K0CQW to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 19:31:26.996 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 19:31:26.997 YSF, Begin TX: src=3127285 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=K0CQW

I: 2019-08-13 19:31:27.232 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 19:31:28.611 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 1.6 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-08-13 19:31:28.611 YSF, TX state = OFF

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Steve N4IRS
 

You are using the latest MMDVM_Bridge from here <https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge>?

On 8/13/2019 3:45 PM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
MMDVM_Bridge Log:
E: 2019-08-13 07:28:34.630 DMR, Connection to the master has timed out, retrying connection
M: 2019-08-13 07:28:34.630 DMR, Closing DMR Network
M: 2019-08-13 07:28:34.631 DMR, Opening DMR Network
E: 2019-08-13 07:29:44.641 DMR, Connection to the master has timed out, retrying connection
M: 2019-08-13 07:29:44.641 DMR, Closing DMR Network
M: 2019-08-13 07:29:44.641 DMR, Opening DMR Network
E: 2019-08-13 07:30:54.654 DMR, Connection to the master has timed out, retrying connection
M: 2019-08-13 07:30:54.654 DMR, Closing DMR Network
M: 2019-08-13 07:30:54.654 DMR, Opening DMR Network
M: 2019-08-13 07:31:14.821 DMR, Logged into the master successfully
M: 2019-08-13 12:00:21.723 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from K0CQW to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 12:00:21.724 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 12:00:21.724 YSF, Begin TX: src=3127285 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=K0CQW
I: 2019-08-13 12:00:21.962 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 12:00:27.661 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 5.9 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-08-13 12:00:27.661 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 12:26:25.812 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from KD0IOE to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 12:26:25.812 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 12:26:25.812 YSF, Begin TX: src=3138002 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=KD0IOE
I: 2019-08-13 12:26:25.834 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 12:26:27.838 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 2.8 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 10.1%
M: 2019-08-13 12:26:27.838 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 12:30:51.837 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from KD0IOE to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 12:30:51.837 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 12:30:51.837 YSF, Begin TX: src=3138002 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=KD0IOE
I: 2019-08-13 12:30:51.858 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 12:30:56.149 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 5.0 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-08-13 12:30:56.150 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 12:37:35.674 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from KD0IOE to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 12:37:35.674 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 12:37:35.674 YSF, Begin TX: src=3138002 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=KD0IOE
I: 2019-08-13 12:37:35.695 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 12:37:37.691 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 2.4 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 11.7%
M: 2019-08-13 12:37:37.691 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:26.293 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from W0JPJ to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:26.293 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 14:29:26.294 YSF, Begin TX: src=3127040 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=W0JPJ
W: 2019-08-13 14:29:26.446 DMR Slot 2, unhandled network data type - 0x0F
I: 2019-08-13 14:29:26.578 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:27.114 DMR Talker Alias (Data Format 1, Received 6/11 char): 'W0JPJ '
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:27.837 DMR Talker Alias (Data Format 1, Received 11/11 char): 'W0JPJ Jarod'
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:29.758 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 3.4 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-08-13 14:29:29.758 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:22.870 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from W0JPJ to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:22.871 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 15:40:22.871 YSF, Begin TX: src=3127040 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=W0JPJ
I: 2019-08-13 15:40:22.902 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:23.070 DMR Talker Alias (Data Format 1, Received 6/11 char): 'W0JPJ '
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:23.787 DMR Talker Alias (Data Format 1, Received 11/11 char): 'W0JPJ Jarod'
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:26.790 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 4.4 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-08-13 15:40:26.790 YSF, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-08-13 19:31:26.996 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from K0CQW to TG 707
M: 2019-08-13 19:31:26.996 YSF, TX state = ON
I: 2019-08-13 19:31:26.997 YSF, Begin TX: src=3127285 rpt=0 dst=707 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=K0CQW
I: 2019-08-13 19:31:27.232 YSF, Narrow transmit (72 bit)
M: 2019-08-13 19:31:28.611 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 1.6 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-08-13 19:31:28.611 YSF, TX state = OFF

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Andrew Lynch
 

It's the repository version: MMDVM_Bridge version 20180423 git #9cdea41

Perhaps I should compile from source?

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Steve N4IRS
 

grab the latest binary from the bin directory and retest.

On 8/13/2019 3:51 PM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
It's the repository version: MMDVM_Bridge version 20180423 git #9cdea41

Perhaps I should compile from source?

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Andrew Lynch
 

Will do, won't be until later since I don't have a YSF handy right now.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:52 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
grab the latest binary from the bin directory and retest.

On 8/13/2019 3:51 PM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
It's the repository version: MMDVM_Bridge version 20180423 git #9cdea41

Perhaps I should compile from source?



--
Andrew Lynch (KD0IOE)
lurch89@...

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Andrew Lynch
 

Appears to work with latest MMDVM_Bridge.

Are the dvswitch packages for Debian (this was Debian 10 "Buster") no longer the preferred method? 

Thanks,
-Andy

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Steve N4IRS
 

They are, we just have been pushing to github for testing before they get packaged up for Debian.

Steve N4IRS

On 8/13/19 5:54 PM, Andrew Lynch wrote:
Appears to work with latest MMDVM_Bridge.

Are the dvswitch packages for Debian (this was Debian 10 "Buster") no longer the preferred method? 

Thanks,
-Andy

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Eric Dayrit
 

Steve (N4IRS)

I had the same version of MB and same problem. If I re-install DVSwitch will pick up the update? or simply apt-get update will work?

Thanks,
Eric
I: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 This software is for use on amateur radio networks only,
I: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 it is to be used for educational purposes only. Its use on
I: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 commercial networks is strictly prohibited.
I: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 Copyright(C) 2015-2018 by Jonathan Naylor, G4KLX and others
M: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 MMDVM_Bridge-20180423 is starting
M: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 Built 15:47:01 May 30 2018 (GitID #9cdea41)
 

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Steve N4IRS
 

No,
We push the latest updates to github before I roll them up to the apt repository.
Go to <https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/tree/master/bin> and find your version.
Then go to tmp and do this:
wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/raw/master/bin/MMDVM_Bridge.what_is_your_hardware
mv MMDVM_Bridge.what_is_your_hardware to MMDVM_Bridge. Stop MMDVM_Bridge and replace the file.

Steve

On 8/13/19 7:26 PM, Eric Dayrit wrote:
Steve (N4IRS)

I had the same version of MB and same problem. If I re-install DVSwitch will pick up the update? or simply apt-get update will work?

Thanks,
Eric
I: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 This software is for use on amateur radio networks only,
I: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 it is to be used for educational purposes only. Its use on
I: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 commercial networks is strictly prohibited.
I: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 Copyright(C) 2015-2018 by Jonathan Naylor, G4KLX and others
M: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 MMDVM_Bridge-20180423 is starting
M: 2019-08-01 22:10:22.030 Built 15:47:01 May 30 2018 (GitID #9cdea41)
 

Re: YSFReflector bridged to DMR - No callsign on YSF clients #mmdvm_bridge

Eric Dayrit
 

Awesome! thanks Steve, will try that : )

#dmrlink #dmrlink

Waldek SP2ONG
 

I am looking for some detailed description, tutorial on example IP adres/ DMR ID, example TG BM etc,  on how to configure DMRLink / IPSC_bridge / HB_Bridge / HBlink3 with repeater Motorola DR3000 drive connection which currently has a connection to Brandmesiter and we would like to connect it to the HBLink network as a backup network while maintaining connection with Brandmeister




We are pleased with the operation of local networks based on HBLink and because we have converters also Motorola, we want to connect them to this local network.


I must define MASTER for which will be connected our local repeater DR3000 and and PEER link to BM ? it DMRLink will be work simmilar like DMRGateway for MMDVM ? It wille be useful looking on examples config files for each program dmrlink.cfg etc

73 Waldek



Re: #dmrlink #dmrlink

Steve N4IRS
 

Motorola Repeater <-> IPSC_Bridge <-> HB_Bridge <-> your HB network.

Setup your repeater as a peer.
Setup IPSC_Bridge as a Master.
Setup HB_Bridge as a peer.

Treat the HB_Bridge connection just like you would any HBP based connection. Point it at your bridge.py.

Steve N4IRS

On 8/14/19 12:59 AM, Waldek SP2ONG wrote:
I am looking for some detailed description, tutorial on example IP adres/ DMR ID, example TG BM etc,  on how to configure DMRLink / IPSC_bridge / HB_Bridge / HBlink3 with repeater Motorola DR3000 drive connection which currently has a connection to Brandmesiter and we would like to connect it to the HBLink network as a backup network while maintaining connection with Brandmeister




We are pleased with the operation of local networks based on HBLink and because we have converters also Motorola, we want to connect them to this local network.


I must define MASTER for which will be connected our local repeater DR3000 and and PEER link to BM ? it DMRLink will be work simmilar like DMRGateway for MMDVM ? It wille be useful looking on examples config files for each program dmrlink.cfg etc

73 Waldek




Audio Quality? #dmrlink #analog_bridge

Chris K7AZ
 

After using the proper ports, my transcoder appears to be working.    I'm curios as to the expected audio quality each direction?  I've tweaked the gain settings lower several times but still sounds fuzzy.  



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>
Date: 8/4/19 09:04 (GMT-08:00)
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] NOOB Setup-Configuration Help #dmrlink #analog_bridge

I also checked your selfcare to make sure you did not have hotspot security on and it wasn't so it has to be a configuration error somewhere.

Corey  N3FE

Virus-free. www.avast.com

On Sun, Aug 4, 2019 at 11:42 AM Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io <kilo7alphazulu=verizon.net@groupsio> wrote:
Hmmm, certainly looks that way.   Not sure where to look or what to check at this point.   Very open to suggestions.  
Thank you for great feedback!



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>
Date: 8/4/19 08:35 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] NOOB Setup-Configuration Help #dmrlink #analog_bridge

Aug  5 01:28:10 5051 Master 5051: * Repeater ID: 310725707
Aug  5 01:28:10 5051 Master 5051: Repeater 310725707 verified
Aug  5 01:29:30 5051 Master 5051: * Repeater ID: 310725707
Aug  5 01:29:30 5051 Master 5051: Repeater 310725707 verified
Aug  5 01:30:24 5051 Master 5051: Connection of MMDVM Host system 310725707 (73.71.43.148) removed
Aug  5 01:30:34 5051 Master 5051: * Repeater ID: 310725707
Aug  5 01:30:34 5051 Master 5051: Repeater 310725707 verified
Aug  5 01:31:40 5051 Master 5051: * Repeater ID: 310725707
Aug  5 01:31:40 5051 Master 5051: Repeater 310725707 verified
Aug  5 01:32:35 5051 Master 5051: Connection of MMDVM Host system 310725707 (73.71.43.148) removed
Aug  5 01:32:45 5051 Master 5051: * Repeater ID: 310725707
Aug  5 01:32:45 5051 Master 5051: Repeater 310725707 verified
Aug  5 01:33:51 5051 Master 5051: * Repeater ID: 310725707
Aug  5 01:33:51 5051 Master 5051: Repeater 310725707 verified
Aug  5 01:34:46 5051 Master 5051: Connection of MMDVM Host system 310725707 (73.71.43.148) removed


Looks like it bouncing at your end.



On 5/8/19 1:30 am, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
Logged in....



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>
Date: 8/4/19 08:00 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] NOOB Setup-Configuration Help #dmrlink #analog_bridge

If you like to test with 5051 ;

103.230.158.71      passw0rd  as usual


I can check the BM log and give you some feedback    ?


What is you id  ?


On 5/8/19 12:33 am, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
I spoke too soon, what was solid at 9PM last night, is now, this morning "Connection to the master has timed out,  retrying connection" every 2 minutes.  
Has anyone else experienced this?



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io" <kilo7alphazulu@...>
Date: 8/3/19 20:59 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] NOOB Setup-Configuration Help #dmrlink #analog_bridge

Rebuild update:
Logged into Master is now solid!

Thank you for helping me get this far.  

73 Chris K7AZ 



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>
Date: 8/2/19 02:48 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] NOOB Setup-Configuration Help #dmrlink #analog_bridge

Chris,
I just tested your call and DMR ID on a VM. I have no problem logging in or staying logged in. I think it's time for you to start over fresh a fresh install.
The first thing you need to do after setting up a new VM is to make sure you have a ssh client and a e-mail clinet on the machine you are using to connect to the VM.
Cell phone pictures or transcribing by hand will not work if you are asking for help. I understand this may seem harsh but this trhread has 45 messages in it and I know we have too many working bridges for what you are experiencing to be a issue in MMDVM_Bridge. Please setup a environment where we can help you.

Steve N4IRS

On 8/2/19 1:02 AM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
62030 in MMDVM_Bridge doesnt connect at all... 



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io" <kilo7alphazulu@...>
Date: 8/1/19 20:53 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] NOOB Setup-Configuration Help #dmrlink #analog_bridge

I'll give that a try.  Tnx.   



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>
Date: 8/1/19 20:33 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] NOOB Setup-Configuration Help #dmrlink #analog_bridge

Have you tried port 62030 instead of 62031 ?

On 2/8/19 1:12 pm, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
The same problem persists across 4 different Masters.  

I don't have this email on the laptop being used to TV into the VM server across town.  

I'll hand transcribe as needed to avoid sending pictures.  



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>
Date: 8/1/19 19:06 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] NOOB Setup-Configuration Help #dmrlink #analog_bridge

Chris,
You have a problem with your connection to the Master, simple as that. Have you tried another Master? PLEASE learn to capture the test and paste it into a e-mail. No more cell phone pictures.

On 8/1/19 10:00 PM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
Here is what I'm seeing.  
A minute after "Logged into master successfully" it says "Login to the master has failed, retrying connection".
Screen shot attached.



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>
Date: 8/1/19 16:23 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] NOOB Setup-Configuration Help #dmrlink #analog_bridge

Changing the password is not going to do you any good. The password for US Masters is "passw0rd" It's either logging in or not. Are you really sure it's ever logging in? This is what a successful login looks like:

M: 2019-08-01 23:20:21.455 MMDVM_Bridge-20180423 is running
D: 2019-08-01 23:20:31.493 DMR, Sending authorisation
D: 2019-08-01 23:20:31.540 DMR, Sending configuration
M: 2019-08-01 23:20:31.586 DMR, Logged into the master successfully
 

On 8/1/19 6:40 PM, Chris K7AZ via Groups.Io wrote:
When I examine the master info for my repeater,  it shows Zeros all the way across the board. Is that good or bad?  

In MMDVM_Bridge.ini  it is again showing connecting and disconnecting every 2 minutes.  
Tweaking the master password again is not fixing that issue.  

Any hints very much appreciated.   :)



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Eric Dayrit <kf6itc@...>
Date: 8/1/19 10:53 (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] NOOB Setup-Configuration Help #dmrlink #analog_bridge

most of the time the file is there but it doesn't hurt to double check.

73, Eric




Virus-free. www.avast.com