Date   

Re: Monit stopped working, checking DVstick 30 is being used

Steve N4IRS
 

You should select D-Star as the mode and then REF001C as your reflector.

On 3/7/21 9:51 AM, David J Taylor via groups.io wrote:
On 07/03/2021 12:40, Steve N4IRS wrote:
David,
Did you use the dvs menu to setup the DVstick30?

Steve N4IRS
Yes, I did Steve, but I just ran through it again and - behold - DV3000 now showing as /dev/tyyUSB0 and the "topmost" LED on the DV3000 is flashing.  Great!  Monit is working as well.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Next issue: getting D-STAR working.

On the DVSwitch dashboard, DMR is showing as master, but D-Star Net is showing "Not Linked".  I've left the module as "B" although there's no RF involved. Can I then simply select the D-Star as REF001C (I am registered for D-Star), or is there something else I need to do?  I can see activity on the channel but DVSitch appears to be seeing nothing.

Thanks!

73,
David GM8ARV


Re: Monit stopped working, checking DVstick 30 is being used

David J Taylor
 

On 07/03/2021 12:40, Steve N4IRS wrote:
David,
Did you use the dvs menu to setup the DVstick30?
Steve N4IRS
Yes, I did Steve, but I just ran through it again and - behold - DV3000 now showing as /dev/tyyUSB0 and the "topmost" LED on the DV3000 is flashing. Great! Monit is working as well. Thanks for your suggestion.

Next issue: getting D-STAR working.

On the DVSwitch dashboard, DMR is showing as master, but D-Star Net is showing "Not Linked". I've left the module as "B" although there's no RF involved. Can I then simply select the D-Star as REF001C (I am registered for D-Star), or is there something else I need to do? I can see activity on the channel but DVSitch appears to be seeing nothing.

Thanks!

73,
David GM8ARV
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv


Re: Monit stopped working, checking DVstick 30 is being used

Steve N4IRS
 

David,
Did you use the dvs menu to setup the DVstick30?

Steve N4IRS

On 3/7/21 5:31 AM, David J Taylor via groups.io wrote:
On 07/03/2021 08:33, Ernie Gm7kbk wrote:
Quickest way to see if its working is to look at the Dvstick.  Constant light will appear on Tx.

Or start AB in a window and watch the log. There will be a line saying using hardware.
Many thanks, Ernie.

I'm a little out of my depth here!  Lack of knowledge on this arrangement.

I don't see any LEDs glowing on the DVstick30 at all, but it's not often in transmit mode.  Is the DVstick used in DMR etc. or just in D-STAR?

I don't know how to start the AB from the command-line, so that I can watch the log.  If I use the dashboard and hover over the AB info I see:

[DV3000]
address: /dev/ttyAMA0
rxPort: 2460
serial: true

However I already have a GPS device which is on AMA0.  Shouldn't that be USB0, and if so, how do I correct?  I /thought/ I'd selected USB in the configuration screen.

There are other questions but let's get this resolved first!

Thanks,
David


Re: Monit stopped working, checking DVstick 30 is being used

David J Taylor
 

On 07/03/2021 08:33, Ernie Gm7kbk wrote:
Quickest way to see if its working is to look at the Dvstick.  Constant light will appear on Tx.
Or start AB in a window and watch the log. There will be a line saying using hardware.
Many thanks, Ernie.

I'm a little out of my depth here! Lack of knowledge on this arrangement.

I don't see any LEDs glowing on the DVstick30 at all, but it's not often in transmit mode. Is the DVstick used in DMR etc. or just in D-STAR?

I don't know how to start the AB from the command-line, so that I can watch the log. If I use the dashboard and hover over the AB info I see:

[DV3000]
address: /dev/ttyAMA0
rxPort: 2460
serial: true

However I already have a GPS device which is on AMA0. Shouldn't that be USB0, and if so, how do I correct? I /thought/ I'd selected USB in the configuration screen.

There are other questions but let's get this resolved first!

Thanks,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv


Re: Monit stopped working, checking DVstick 30 is being used

 

Quickest way to see if its working is to look at the Dvstick.  Constant light will appear on Tx.

Or start AB in a window and watch the log. There will be a line saying using hardware.


From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of David J Taylor via groups.io <david-taylor@...>
Sent: Sunday, March 7, 2021 7:48:36 AM
To: DVSwitch groups.io <DVSwitch@groups.io>
Subject: [DVSwitch] Monit stopped working, checking DVstick 30 is being used
 
[Repost - no replies received before, help would be appreciated]

I recently installed DVSwitch on a spare Raspberry Pi 3B and it seems to
be working perfectly, however:

- I installed on an existing working RPi rather then from the image.  I
don't appear to have a dvswitch account.  Does that matter?

- I added a DVstick 30 (with the device powered down...), configured
again, and the functions appear to be working correctly.  I've not been
able to do A/B testing but I feel the quality is better on DMR.  Is
there any way from the dashboard (or otherwise) I can check that the
DVstick 30 is working and in use?

- The Monit function appears to have stopped working, after the DVstick
30 install.  I get no response from the :2812 port, and if I try:

    sudo monit status

I get I set of error messages including:

/etc/monit/conf-enabled/ysfparrot:5: Program does not exist:
'/usr/bin/systemctl'
/etc/monit/conf-enabled/ysfparrot:6: Program does not exist:
'/usr/bin/systemctl'
[]
/etc/monit/conf-enabled/system:6: Program does not exist: '/usr/bin/echo'
[]
/etc/monit/conf-enabled/analog_bridge:7: Program does not exist:
'/usr/bin/systemctl'
Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- Connection refused

I've not used Monit before so I'm unsure where to start trouble-shooting!

Thanks,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv






Monit stopped working, checking DVstick 30 is being used

David J Taylor
 

[Repost - no replies received before, help would be appreciated]

I recently installed DVSwitch on a spare Raspberry Pi 3B and it seems to
be working perfectly, however:

- I installed on an existing working RPi rather then from the image. I
don't appear to have a dvswitch account. Does that matter?

- I added a DVstick 30 (with the device powered down...), configured
again, and the functions appear to be working correctly. I've not been
able to do A/B testing but I feel the quality is better on DMR. Is
there any way from the dashboard (or otherwise) I can check that the
DVstick 30 is working and in use?

- The Monit function appears to have stopped working, after the DVstick
30 install. I get no response from the :2812 port, and if I try:

sudo monit status

I get I set of error messages including:

/etc/monit/conf-enabled/ysfparrot:5: Program does not exist:
'/usr/bin/systemctl'
/etc/monit/conf-enabled/ysfparrot:6: Program does not exist:
'/usr/bin/systemctl'
[]
/etc/monit/conf-enabled/system:6: Program does not exist: '/usr/bin/echo'
[]
/etc/monit/conf-enabled/analog_bridge:7: Program does not exist:
'/usr/bin/systemctl'
Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- Connection refused

I've not used Monit before so I'm unsure where to start trouble-shooting!

Thanks,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv


Re: DStar connection to XLX reflector

Patrick Perdue
 

So, something like this?

repeaterCall1=KE4DYI
repeaterBand1=d
repeaterType1=0
repeaterAddress1=127.0.0.1
repeaterPort1=20011
reflector1=xlx679b
atStartup1=1
reconnect1=1
frequency1=434.00000
offset1=0.0000
rangeKms1=0.000
latitude1=0.000000
longitude1=0.000000
agl1=0.000
description1_1=
description1_2=
url1=
band1_1=0
band1_2=0
band1_3=0

On 3/6/2021 10:02 PM, Tony Langdon wrote:
On 7/3/21 1:59 pm, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Actually, if you want to connect to only one reflector, I think you
can set the startup in /etc/ircddbgateway. Maybe someone more versed
in D-Star can chime in.
Yes, this will work.  I use the startup reflector for the D-STAR link to
XLX432 D.


Re: DStar connection to XLX reflector

 

On 7/3/21 1:59 pm, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Actually, if you want to connect to only one reflector, I think you
can set the startup in /etc/ircddbgateway. Maybe someone more versed
in D-Star can chime in.
Yes, this will work.  I use the startup reflector for the D-STAR link to
XLX432 D.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com


Re: DStar connection to XLX reflector

Steve N4IRS
 

Actually, if you want to connect to only one reflector, I think you can set the startup in /etc/ircddbgateway. Maybe someone more versed in D-Star can chime in.

On 3/6/21 9:49 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi:

I've been using DVSwitch for nearly two years, but have never needed to care about DStar until now. I have previously connected my system to XLX via DMR, but now I want to have a second DVSwitch instance  and a ThumbDV do the ambe translation for the system in combination with analog reflector instead of my XLX reflector to get the middle man out of the way between Allstar and DStar.

I am a bit unclear as to the syntax of Analog_Bridge.ini for a static route to my XLX reflector via ircddbgateway.

I have disabled all modes except D-Star in MMDVM_Bridge, and have changed ambeMode = DSTAR. What should I use in Analog_Bridge to link to a specific XLX reflector/module of that reflector? It seems that ircddbgateway comes with xlx support enabled by default, pointing to a hosts file. Just not sure how to tune it.

I've never actually seen a working example of a static DStar bridge. At this point, I've done just about everything else but that.

Feeling a little bit dumb tonight.

Thanks and 73

de

KE4DYI





DStar connection to XLX reflector

Patrick Perdue
 

Hi:

I've been using DVSwitch for nearly two years, but have never needed to care about DStar until now. I have previously connected my system to XLX via DMR, but now I want to have a second DVSwitch instance  and a ThumbDV do the ambe translation for the system in combination with analog reflector instead of my XLX reflector to get the middle man out of the way between Allstar and DStar.

I am a bit unclear as to the syntax of Analog_Bridge.ini for a static route to my XLX reflector via ircddbgateway.

I have disabled all modes except D-Star in MMDVM_Bridge, and have changed ambeMode = DSTAR. What should I use in Analog_Bridge to link to a specific XLX reflector/module of that reflector? It seems that ircddbgateway comes with xlx support enabled by default, pointing to a hosts file. Just not sure how to tune it.

I've never actually seen a working example of a static DStar bridge. At this point, I've done just about everything else but that.

Feeling a little bit dumb tonight.

Thanks and 73

de

KE4DYI


Re: installing DVSwitch-server on Strech

Patrick Perdue
 

Thanks, got it.

On 3/6/2021 8:56 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
apt install dvswitch dvswitch-menu

On 3/6/21 8:52 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
OK, I only need this for a static bridge with ambe hardware anyway, so the dashboard isn't required. It is not installed now anyway, re: previous errors.

How can I then install dvswitch-server without the dashboard?



On 3/6/2021 8:49 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
You have a coupe of choices, and I think I know what you will choose:

1: You will need to install nodejs from an outside repository to get the dashboard to work, the you can install dvswitch server.
2: Install everything but the dashboard. Not really a big problem to do.

I would uninstall dvswitch-dashboard while you decide.

Steve

On 3/6/21 8:44 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi:

I'm attempting to install DVSwitch-server on a Mac Mini converted to Debian 9, which is also running ASL with radio hardware connected, thus, why it's not running Buster.

Linux square 4.9.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.246-2 (2020-12-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux

root@square:~# apt-get install dvswitch-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 dvswitch-server : Depends: dvswitch-dashboard but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
root@square:~#

This looks to have something to do with:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 node-ws : Depends: nodejs-dev (>= 4.8.2~dfsg-1~)
           Depends: nodejs-abi-46
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

How can I get around this?

Thanks and 73

de

KE4DYI


















Re: installing DVSwitch-server on Strech

Steve N4IRS
 

apt install dvswitch dvswitch-menu

On 3/6/21 8:52 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
OK, I only need this for a static bridge with ambe hardware anyway, so the dashboard isn't required. It is not installed now anyway, re: previous errors.

How can I then install dvswitch-server without the dashboard?



On 3/6/2021 8:49 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
You have a coupe of choices, and I think I know what you will choose:

1: You will need to install nodejs from an outside repository to get the dashboard to work, the you can install dvswitch server.
2: Install everything but the dashboard. Not really a big problem to do.

I would uninstall dvswitch-dashboard while you decide.

Steve

On 3/6/21 8:44 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi:

I'm attempting to install DVSwitch-server on a Mac Mini converted to Debian 9, which is also running ASL with radio hardware connected, thus, why it's not running Buster.

Linux square 4.9.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.246-2 (2020-12-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux

root@square:~# apt-get install dvswitch-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 dvswitch-server : Depends: dvswitch-dashboard but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
root@square:~#

This looks to have something to do with:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 node-ws : Depends: nodejs-dev (>= 4.8.2~dfsg-1~)
           Depends: nodejs-abi-46
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

How can I get around this?

Thanks and 73

de

KE4DYI













Re: installing DVSwitch-server on Strech

Patrick Perdue
 

OK, I only need this for a static bridge with ambe hardware anyway, so the dashboard isn't required. It is not installed now anyway, re: previous errors.

How can I then install dvswitch-server without the dashboard?

On 3/6/2021 8:49 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
You have a coupe of choices, and I think I know what you will choose:

1: You will need to install nodejs from an outside repository to get the dashboard to work, the you can install dvswitch server.
2: Install everything but the dashboard. Not really a big problem to do.

I would uninstall dvswitch-dashboard while you decide.

Steve

On 3/6/21 8:44 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi:

I'm attempting to install DVSwitch-server on a Mac Mini converted to Debian 9, which is also running ASL with radio hardware connected, thus, why it's not running Buster.

Linux square 4.9.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.246-2 (2020-12-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux

root@square:~# apt-get install dvswitch-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 dvswitch-server : Depends: dvswitch-dashboard but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
root@square:~#

This looks to have something to do with:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 node-ws : Depends: nodejs-dev (>= 4.8.2~dfsg-1~)
           Depends: nodejs-abi-46
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

How can I get around this?

Thanks and 73

de

KE4DYI










Re: installing DVSwitch-server on Strech

Steve N4IRS
 

You have a coupe of choices, and I think I know what you will choose:

1: You will need to install nodejs from an outside repository to get the dashboard to work, the you can install dvswitch server.
2: Install everything but the dashboard. Not really a big problem to do.

I would uninstall dvswitch-dashboard while you decide.

Steve

On 3/6/21 8:44 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi:

I'm attempting to install DVSwitch-server on a Mac Mini converted to Debian 9, which is also running ASL with radio hardware connected, thus, why it's not running Buster.

Linux square 4.9.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.246-2 (2020-12-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux

root@square:~# apt-get install dvswitch-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 dvswitch-server : Depends: dvswitch-dashboard but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
root@square:~#

This looks to have something to do with:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 node-ws : Depends: nodejs-dev (>= 4.8.2~dfsg-1~)
           Depends: nodejs-abi-46
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

How can I get around this?

Thanks and 73

de

KE4DYI





installing DVSwitch-server on Strech

Patrick Perdue
 

Hi:

I'm attempting to install DVSwitch-server on a Mac Mini converted to Debian 9, which is also running ASL with radio hardware connected, thus, why it's not running Buster.

Linux square 4.9.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.246-2 (2020-12-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux

root@square:~# apt-get install dvswitch-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 dvswitch-server : Depends: dvswitch-dashboard but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
root@square:~#

This looks to have something to do with:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 node-ws : Depends: nodejs-dev (>= 4.8.2~dfsg-1~)
           Depends: nodejs-abi-46
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

How can I get around this?

Thanks and 73

de

KE4DYI


Re: DVSwitch server not linked anymore #analog_bridge

Steve N4IRS
 

Please show the MMDVM_Bridge log when trying to connect to a DMR TG


Re: DVSwitch server not linked anymore #analog_bridge

geurt.pe1g@...
 

I have the same problem...
maybe someone can help us.


Re: Need some advice YSF bridge to DMR

Komkit Listisard
 

Thank you Eric, got it.  That is where I got lost.  Just crossed the ports and off I went.   

Thank you kindly,
Kit W3KIT


Re: Need some advice YSF bridge to DMR

Eric-K6KWB
 

You only need one instance of MB and its look loke this:
BM TG 52007<->MB<->Ysf Ref

https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/wiki/6097

MMDVM_Bridge.ini
[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=3103.repeater.net
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=your password
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

[System Fusion Network]
Enable=1
LocalAddress=0
LocalPort=3200
GatewayAddress=>>>>> your ysf ip or dns
GatewayPort=42000 >>>>your ysf port
Debug=0

DVSwitch.ini

[DMR]

address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
txPort = 35100                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
rxPort = 35103                  ; Port to listen on (import)
slot = 2                        ; Export slot
exportTG =               ; Which TG to export 
hangTimerInFrames = 0 ; Use 50 for 3 seconds of hang time (3000 / 60) 
talkerAlias =            ; Get callsign location and description from MMDVM_Bridge.ini

 

[YSF]

Address = 127.0.0.1      ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)

TXPort = 35103             ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)

RXPort = 35100             ; Port to listen on (import)

FallbackID = 1234567   ; In case we can not find a valid DMR id in the database, export this one

ExportTG = 52007           ; Which TG to export

Slot = 2                          ; Export slot

best and 73


Need some advice YSF bridge to DMR

Komkit Listisard
 

Hello,  I am looking to bridge my YSFReflector bridge to my friend DMR TG52007.  Not sure what information I need to provide here to get started.

I have YSFReflector up and running and I have DVSwitch server up and running on the side.  Followed some instruction but got confuse at:

in DVSWitch config

Not quite understand and not really what port number or IP to put here.

[YSF]
address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
txPort = 35100                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
rxPort = 35103                  ; Port to listen on (import)
txWidePort = 35105              ; Port to send IMBE TLV frames to for YSFw (export)
fallbackID = 1234567            ; In case we can not find a valid DMR id in the database, export this one
exportTG = 52007                ; Which TG to export
slot = 2                        ; Export slot
RemotePort = 6073               ; Port to send Gateway commands to

Could someone please kindly guide me through the process?

73, Kit W3KIT
 

801 - 820 of 9532