Date   

Re: DV_Switch and DMRlink

David KE6UPI
 

Thanks Steve, I'll wait for the release.

David





--
Thanks, David

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
Thomas Jefferson

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
David,
DV_Switch right now is a concept. There is no code yet.
HB_bridge, IPSC_bridge and Analog_bridge are being worked on now. The rules about how traffic is handled when it is passed from partner to partner is complex.
We hope to finish and release this weekend.

The Wiki contains links to HBlink, DMRlink and Analog_bridge. 

On 05/29/2017 01:21 PM, David Shaw wrote:
Hello, Here can I download and play with DMR_Switch and DMRlink? I'm going to try and build it on a SSD VS Cloud server Debian 8. Maybe..

Thanks, David



DV type conversion

Peter M0NWI
 

Steve,

I have an old 2m DVAP, could that be used as a AMBE to convert DV types, or does it need to be a DVThumb?

73,
Peter
M0NWI


Re: DV type conversion

Steve N4IRS
 

Pater,
I believe the DVAP uses a AMBE2000 chip from DVSI. I don't believe it will do DMR.

On 05/29/2017 05:04 PM, Peter Martin wrote:
Steve,

I have an old 2m DVAP, could that be used as a AMBE to convert DV types, or does it need to be a DVThumb?

73,
Peter
M0NWI


Re: DV type conversion

Matthew Pitts N8OHU
 

The DV-Dongle uses the AMBE2000; the DVAP is only an RF Access Point.


Matthew Pitts

N8OHU


On 5/29/2017 5:09 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Pater,
I believe the DVAP uses a AMBE2000 chip from DVSI. I don't believe it will do DMR.

On 05/29/2017 05:04 PM, Peter Martin wrote:
Steve,

I have an old 2m DVAP, could that be used as a AMBE to convert DV types, or does it need to be a DVThumb?

73,
Peter
M0NWI



Testing Analog_bridge and HB_bridge

Steve N4IRS
 

I am testing a "working" copies of Analog_bridge and HB_Bridge On AllStarLink node 2600.
ASL 2600 <---> Analog_bridge <---> HB_bridge <---> BrandMeister TS 2 / TG 3167 I am going to let this run tonight. If all goes well, I'll stress test the Analog ---> DMR by monitoring The WAN system (ASL 2135)

Mike is continuing to work through the "rules" allowed by each of the Partners. Remember each connection involves 2 Partners. It can be more then a straight through path. TS /TG translation, IPSC <---> DMO (DVMega) etc.

Steve


HBLink Testing

Steve N4IRS
 

I have setup a small Conference Bridge on reflector.dvswitch.org using HBlink for testing and demonstration of various features of HBlink, DMRlink and DVSwitch. I will expand the features as time (and programs) progress.
To start, I have HBlink listening for MMDVM connections on port 62031 with a password of passw0rd with the following bridges and applications.
TS2/TG3167 Bridged to BrandMeister TS2/TG3167
TS2/TG9990 is a parrot. What it hears, is what you get.
TS1/TG9999 Is a demo of the ability to send canned voice messages to a DMR user. "The time is..." (I have more work to do on this)

I will be adding connections to IPSC networks and allow connections from IPSC clients.  


Re: HBLink Testing

David KE6UPI
 

Do you need testers? I can connect my DVMega if you like.

David



--
Thanks, David

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
Thomas Jefferson

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 7:33 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
I have setup a small Conference Bridge on reflector.dvswitch.org using HBlink for testing and demonstration of various features of HBlink, DMRlink and DVSwitch. I will expand the features as time (and programs) progress.
To start, I have HBlink listening for MMDVM connections on port 62031 with a password of passw0rd with the following bridges and applications.
TS2/TG3167 Bridged to BrandMeister TS2/TG3167
TS2/TG9990 is a parrot. What it hears, is what you get.
TS1/TG9999 Is a demo of the ability to send canned voice messages to a DMR user. "The time is..." (I have more work to do on this)

I will be adding connections to IPSC networks and allow connections from IPSC clients.  



Re: HBLink Testing

Steve N4IRS
 

Sure, that is what it is there for. Point at reflector.dvswitch.org and test away.

On 5/30/2017 10:37 AM, David Shaw wrote:
Do you need testers? I can connect my DVMega if you like.

David



--
Thanks, David

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
Thomas Jefferson

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 7:33 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
I have setup a small Conference Bridge on reflector.dvswitch.org using HBlink for testing and demonstration of various features of HBlink, DMRlink and DVSwitch. I will expand the features as time (and programs) progress.
To start, I have HBlink listening for MMDVM connections on port 62031 with a password of passw0rd with the following bridges and applications.
TS2/TG3167 Bridged to BrandMeister TS2/TG3167
TS2/TG9990 is a parrot. What it hears, is what you get.
TS1/TG9999 Is a demo of the ability to send canned voice messages to a DMR user. "The time is..." (I have more work to do on this)

I will be adding connections to IPSC networks and allow connections from IPSC clients.  



Re: HBLink Testing

Matthew 2E0SIP
 

I'm happy to give it a try, it will be approximately 20:30 UTC.


HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Matthew 2E0SIP
 

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is an elementary question, but reading the example code hasnt made things any clearer.

From what I gather, The majority of the code covers routing between pre-defined networks. Does the functionality exist to route between adhoc clients connected to a HBLink master, or is it assumed this takes place "upstream"?

Thanks 


Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Steve N4IRS
 

Let's see if this helps. Below is the confbridge rules used for the simple demo running on reflector.dvswitch.org

BRIDGES = {
    'AllStarLink': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'BrandMeister', 'TS': 2, 'TGID': 3167, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'HBlink',       'TS': 2, 'TGID': 3167, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
        ],
    'Talker': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'Talker',       'TS': 1, 'TGID': 9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'HBlink',       'TS': 1, 'TGID': 9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'IPSC_bridge',  'TS': 1, 'TGID': 9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
        ],
    'Parrot': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'Parrot',       'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'HBlink',       'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
        ]
}

The SYSTEM is a Master or Peer defined in hblink.cfg
BrandMeister is a Peer to BM 3108
HBlink is a Master running on reflector.dvswitch.org
Talker is a Master running on reflector.dvswitch.org
IPSC_bridge is a Master running on reflector.dvswitch.org
Parrot is a Master running on reflector.dvswitch.org

Traffic to and from BM on TS2/TG3167 is bridged to any Peer connected to the Master HBlink 
Traffic is bridged between Talker, HBlink and IPSC_bridge on TS1/TG9999
Traffic is bridged between Parrot and HBlink on TS2/9990


On 5/30/2017 2:38 PM, marrold.co.uk wrote:
Hi,

Please forgive me if this is an elementary question, but reading the example code hasnt made things any clearer.

From what I gather, The majority of the code covers routing between pre-defined networks. Does the functionality exist to route between adhoc clients connected to a HBLink master, or is it assumed this takes place "upstream"?

Thanks 


Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Matthew 2E0SIP
 

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the configuration, that confirms the understanding I have so far.

To clarify my question, if HBLink is acting as a master only, without any additional systems, are DMR frames passed between connected clients? If so, is it possible to apply the timeouts and 'rules' to inter-client traffic?

If this isn't currently a feature of HBLink, is it supported in DMRLink or the upcoming 'DVSwitch'?

Thanks again for your assistance and contributions to DMR.

Matthew
2E0SIP


Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Peter M0NWI
 

Matthew,

In DMRLink, which HBLink is based on, you have to explicitly allow routing in the bridge application from one repeater host to any other, even hosted under the same instance.

73,
Peter

Sent from Outlook
From: DVSwitch@groups.io <DVSwitch@groups.io> on behalf of marrold.co.uk <groups.io@...>
Sent: 30 May 2017 21:36:32
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc
 

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the configuration, that confirms the understanding I have so far.

To clarify my question, if HBLink is acting as a master only, without any additional systems, are DMR frames passed between connected clients? If so, is it possible to apply the timeouts and 'rules' to inter-client traffic?

If this isn't currently a feature of HBLink, is it supported in DMRLink or the upcoming 'DVSwitch'?

Thanks again for your assistance and contributions to DMR.

Matthew
2E0SIP


Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Matthew Pitts N8OHU
 

Matthew,

I believe that, or something close to it, is the purpose of the On and Off entries in each rule. The ones that Steve showed us are empty, but they would hold Talkgroups defined for the purpose of enabling and disabling rules.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU


On May 30, 2017 4:36:32 PM EDT, "marrold.co.uk" <groups.io@marrold.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the configuration, that confirms the understanding I have so far.

To clarify my question, if HBLink is acting as a master only, without any additional systems, are DMR frames passed between connected clients? If so, is it possible to apply the timeouts and 'rules' to inter-client traffic?

If this isn't currently a feature of HBLink, is it supported in DMRLink or the upcoming 'DVSwitch'?

Thanks again for your assistance and contributions to DMR.

Matthew
2E0SIP


Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Cort <n0mjs@...>
 

There is a switch in the configuration on a “per-system” basis in HBlink:

REPEAT:

If this is set to True, HBlink will repeat ALL traffic between HBP repeaters (hotspots, etc.) connected to that master. If it is set to False, it will not. If you want to restrict what passes from HBP repeaters, connect them to different masters and use bridging rules.

On May 30, 2017, at 3:36 PM, marrold.co.uk <groups.io@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the configuration, that confirms the understanding I have so far.

To clarify my question, if HBLink is acting as a master only, without any additional systems, are DMR frames passed between connected clients? If so, is it possible to apply the timeouts and 'rules' to inter-client traffic?

If this isn't currently a feature of HBLink, is it supported in DMRLink or the upcoming 'DVSwitch'?

Thanks again for your assistance and contributions to DMR.

Matthew
2E0SIP


--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206






Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Cort <n0mjs@...>
 


On May 30, 2017, at 4:25 PM, Peter Martin <peter-martin@...> wrote:

Matthew,

In DMRLink, which HBLink is based on, you have to explicitly allow routing in the bridge application from one repeater host to any other, even hosted under the same instance.


As stated earlier, not entirely true – if you set “REPEAT: True” for an HBP system in the config, it will blindly forward all traffic to all other machines connected to that master.


73,
Peter

Sent from Outlook
From: DVSwitch@groups.io <DVSwitch@groups.io> on behalf of marrold.co.uk <groups.io@...>
Sent: 30 May 2017 21:36:32
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc
 

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the configuration, that confirms the understanding I have so far.

To clarify my question, if HBLink is acting as a master only, without any additional systems, are DMR frames passed between connected clients? If so, is it possible to apply the timeouts and 'rules' to inter-client traffic?

If this isn't currently a feature of HBLink, is it supported in DMRLink or the upcoming 'DVSwitch'?

Thanks again for your assistance and contributions to DMR.

Matthew
2E0SIP


--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206






Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Cort <n0mjs@...>
 

Again, as stated earlier the purpose of the “REPEAT:” configuration in HBlink.

Line from the comments in the sample configuration file:

# Repeat - if True, the master repeats traffic to clients, False, it does nothing.

This isn’t entirely clear, but what it means is the particulate instance of HBlink, if it is a master, this will make it repeat everything to every client connected to that master.


On May 30, 2017, at 4:30 PM, Matthew Pitts via Groups.Io <n8ohu@...> wrote:

Matthew,

I believe that, or something close to it, is the purpose of the On and Off entries in each rule. The ones that Steve showed us are empty, but they would hold Talkgroups defined for the purpose of enabling and disabling rules.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

On May 30, 2017 4:36:32 PM EDT, "marrold.co.uk" <groups.io@marrold.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the configuration, that confirms the understanding I have so far.

To clarify my question, if HBLink is acting as a master only, without any additional systems, are DMR frames passed between connected clients? If so, is it possible to apply the timeouts and 'rules' to inter-client traffic?

If this isn't currently a feature of HBLink, is it supported in DMRLink or the upcoming 'DVSwitch'?

Thanks again for your assistance and contributions to DMR.

Matthew
2E0SIP


--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206






Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Matthew 2E0SIP
 

Thanks all, I think that has clarified it. Much appreciated.

73
Matthew
2E0SIP


Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Matthew Pitts N8OHU
 

Thanks for the clarification, Cort.


Matthew Pitts

N8OHU


On 5/30/2017 5:44 PM, Cort wrote:
Again, as stated earlier the purpose of the “REPEAT:” configuration in HBlink.

Line from the comments in the sample configuration file:

# Repeat - if True, the master repeats traffic to clients, False, it does nothing.

This isn’t entirely clear, but what it means is the particulate instance of HBlink, if it is a master, this will make it repeat everything to every client connected to that master.


On May 30, 2017, at 4:30 PM, Matthew Pitts via Groups.Io <n8ohu@...> wrote:

Matthew,

I believe that, or something close to it, is the purpose of the On and Off entries in each rule. The ones that Steve showed us are empty, but they would hold Talkgroups defined for the purpose of enabling and disabling rules.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

On May 30, 2017 4:36:32 PM EDT, "marrold.co.uk" <groups.io@marrold.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the configuration, that confirms the understanding I have so far.

To clarify my question, if HBLink is acting as a master only, without any additional systems, are DMR frames passed between connected clients? If so, is it possible to apply the timeouts and 'rules' to inter-client traffic?

If this isn't currently a feature of HBLink, is it supported in DMRLink or the upcoming 'DVSwitch'?

Thanks again for your assistance and contributions to DMR.

Matthew
2E0SIP


--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206







Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Peter M0NWI
 

Sorry Cort, as I said I was going on my experience of DMRlink as I've not used HBlink, thanks for clarifying.

73

Sent from Outlook
From: DVSwitch@groups.io <DVSwitch@groups.io> on behalf of Cort <n0mjs@...>
Sent: 30 May 2017 22:42:30
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc
 

On May 30, 2017, at 4:25 PM, Peter Martin <peter-martin@...> wrote:

Matthew,

In DMRLink, which HBLink is based on, you have to explicitly allow routing in the bridge application from one repeater host to any other, even hosted under the same instance.


As stated earlier, not entirely true – if you set “REPEAT: True” for an HBP system in the config, it will blindly forward all traffic to all other machines connected to that master.


73,
Peter

Sent from Outlook
From: DVSwitch@groups.io <DVSwitch@groups.io> on behalf of marrold.co.uk <groups.io@...>
Sent: 30 May 2017 21:36:32
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc
 

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the configuration, that confirms the understanding I have so far.

To clarify my question, if HBLink is acting as a master only, without any additional systems, are DMR frames passed between connected clients? If so, is it possible to apply the timeouts and 'rules' to inter-client traffic?

If this isn't currently a feature of HBLink, is it supported in DMRLink or the upcoming 'DVSwitch'?

Thanks again for your assistance and contributions to DMR.

Matthew
2E0SIP


--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206





41 - 60 of 9589