Date   

Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Steve N4IRS
 

You have BOTH nodes using chan_usrp. I have to assume you mean to use 1999 to connect to AB.
What is the purpose of 1999?
What is the purpose of 505501?

What should be connected to 1999?
What should be connected to 505501?

On 12/31/19 8:24 AM, Ted Lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:

[1999]

rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001  ; Use the USRP channel driver. Must be enabled in modules.conf

                                        ; 127.0.0.1 = IP of the target application

                                        ; 34001 = UDP port the target application is listening on

                                        ; 32001 = UDP port ASL is listening on

 

duplex = 0                              ; 0 = Half duplex with no telemetry tones or hang time. Ah, but Allison STILL talks!

 

hangtime = 0                            ; squelch tail hang time 0

althangtime = 0                         ; longer squelch tail hang time 0

 

holdofftelem = 1                        ; Hold off all telemetry when signal is present on receiver or from connected nodes

                                        ; except when an ID needs to be done and there is a signal coming from a connected node.

 

telemdefault = 0                        ; 0 = telemetry output off. Don't send Allison to DMR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me.

 

telemdynamic = 0                        ; 0 = disallow users to change the local telemetry setting with a COP command,

 

linktolink = no                         ; disables forcing physical half-duplex operation of main repeater while

                                        ; still keeping half-duplex semantics (optional)

 

nounkeyct = 1                           ; Set to a 1 to eliminate courtesy tones and associated delays.

 

totime = 180000                         ; transmit time-out time (in ms) (optional, default 3 minutes 180000 ms)

 

idrecording = |ie                       ; id recording or morse string see http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/87

idtalkover = |ie                        ; Talkover ID (optional) default is none see http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/129

 



Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Ted Lawrence
 

[1999]

rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001  ; Use the USRP channel driver. Must be enabled in modules.conf

                                        ; 127.0.0.1 = IP of the target application

                                        ; 34001 = UDP port the target application is listening on

                                        ; 32001 = UDP port ASL is listening on

 

duplex = 0                              ; 0 = Half duplex with no telemetry tones or hang time. Ah, but Allison STILL talks!

 

hangtime = 0                            ; squelch tail hang time 0

althangtime = 0                         ; longer squelch tail hang time 0

 

holdofftelem = 1                        ; Hold off all telemetry when signal is present on receiver or from connected nodes

                                        ; except when an ID needs to be done and there is a signal coming from a connected node.

 

telemdefault = 0                        ; 0 = telemetry output off. Don't send Allison to DMR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me.

 

telemdynamic = 0                        ; 0 = disallow users to change the local telemetry setting with a COP command,

 

linktolink = no                         ; disables forcing physical half-duplex operation of main repeater while

                                        ; still keeping half-duplex semantics (optional)

 

nounkeyct = 1                           ; Set to a 1 to eliminate courtesy tones and associated delays.

 

totime = 180000                         ; transmit time-out time (in ms) (optional, default 3 minutes 180000 ms)

 

idrecording = |ie                       ; id recording or morse string see http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/87

idtalkover = |ie                        ; Talkover ID (optional) default is none see http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/129

 


Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Steve N4IRS
 

Show the 1999 stanza

On 12/31/19 8:07 AM, Ted Lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:
This is what I have: 

[505501]                                ; Change this to your assigned node number

 

                                        ; Must also be enabled in modules.conf

                                        ; Rx audio/signalling channel. Choose ONLY 1 per node stanza

 

                                        ; Enable the selected channel driver in modules.conf !!!

; rxchannel = dahdi/pseudo              ; No radio (hub)

; rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb_505501      ; SimpleUSB

; rxchannel = Pi/1                      ; Raspberry Pi PiTA 

; rxchannel = Radio/usb_505501          ; USBRadio (DSP) 

; rxchannel = Dahdi/1                   ; PCI Quad card 

; rxchannel = Beagle/1                  ; BeagleBoard

rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001  ; GNU Radio interface USRP

 

duplex = 1                              ; 0 = Half duplex with no telemetry tones or hang time.

                                        ;     Special Case: Full duplex if linktolink is set to yes.

                                        ;     This mode is preferred when interfacing with an external multiport repeater controller.

                                        ;     Comment out idrecording and idtalkover to suppress IDs also

                                        ; 1 = Half duplex with telemetry tones and hang time. Does not repeat audio.

                                        ;     This mode is preferred when interfacing a simplex node.

                                        ; 2 = Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time.

                                        ;     This mode is preferred when interfacing a repeater.

                                        ; 3 = Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time, but no repeated audio.

                                        ; 4 = Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time. Repeated audio only when the autopatch is down.

 

linktolink = Yes                        ; disables forcing physical half-duplex operation of main repeater while

                                        ; still keeping half-duplex semantics (optional)

 

linkmongain = 0                         ; Link Monitor Gain adjusts the audio level of monitored nodes when a signal from another node or the local receiver is received.

                                        ; If linkmongain is set to a negative number the monitored audio will decrease by the set amount in db.

                                        ; If linkmongain set to a positive number monitored audio will increase by the set amount in db.

                                        ; The value of linkmongain is in db. The default value is 0 db.

 

erxgain = -3                            ; Echolink receive gain adjustment

                                        ; Note: Gain is in db-volts (20logVI/VO)

etxgain = 3                             ; Echolink transmit gain adjustment

                                        ; Note: Gain is in db-volts (20logVI/VO)

;eannmode = 1                           ; 1 = Say only node number on echolink connects (default = 1)

                                        ; 2 = say phonetic call sign only on echolink connects

                                        ; 3 = say phonetic call sign and node number on echolink connects

 


Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Ted Lawrence
 

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 05:15 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
asterisk -r

root@repeater:/etc/asterisk# asterisk -r

 

AllStarLink Asterisk Version 1.01 2/13/2018 GIT Version adaec47

Copyright (C) 1999 - 2018 Digium, Inc. Jim Dixon, AllStarLink Inc. and others.

Created by Mark Spencer <markster@...>

Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.

This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public

License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under

certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.

=========================================================================

Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)

root@repeater:/etc/asterisk# 


Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Steve N4IRS
 

IF you followed my direction, the asterisk is already running. It LOOKS like you may be trying to start a second copy. See below.
asterisk -r will connect you to a running asterisk

On 12/31/19 8:12 AM, Ted Lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:
On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 05:09 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
netstat -unap

Active Internet connections (servers and established)

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:34001           0.0.0.0:*                           566/Analog_Bridge   

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5353            0.0.0.0:*                           335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:32001         0.0.0.0:*                           31215/asterisk      

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:42320           0.0.0.0:*                           335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:31100           0.0.0.0:*                           566/Analog_Bridge   

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:31103           0.0.0.0:*                           568/MMDVM_Bridge    

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2470            0.0.0.0:*                           567/md380-emu       

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:4569            0.0.0.0:*                           31215/asterisk      

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:68              0.0.0.0:*                           496/dhcpcd          

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:62032           0.0.0.0:*                           568/MMDVM_Bridge    

udp        0      0 192.168.1.86:123        0.0.0.0:*                           539/ntpd            

udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:123           0.0.0.0:*                           539/ntpd            

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:123             0.0.0.0:*                           539/ntpd            

udp6       0      0 :::32953                :::*                                335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp6       0      0 :::5353                 :::*                                335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp6       0      0 fe80::f18c:2ed4:b72:123 :::*                                539/ntpd            

udp6       0      0 ::1:123                 :::*                                539/ntpd            

udp6       0      0 :::123                  :::*                                539/ntpd       



Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Ted Lawrence
 

Oops, I stopped Asterisk then 

root@repeater:/etc/asterisk# netstat -unap

Active Internet connections (servers and established)

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:34001           0.0.0.0:*                           566/Analog_Bridge   

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5353            0.0.0.0:*                           335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:42320           0.0.0.0:*                           335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:31100           0.0.0.0:*                           566/Analog_Bridge   

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:31103           0.0.0.0:*                           568/MMDVM_Bridge    

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2470            0.0.0.0:*                           567/md380-emu       

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:68              0.0.0.0:*                           496/dhcpcd          

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:62032           0.0.0.0:*                           568/MMDVM_Bridge    

udp        0      0 192.168.1.86:123        0.0.0.0:*                           539/ntpd            

udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:123           0.0.0.0:*                           539/ntpd            

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:123             0.0.0.0:*                           539/ntpd            

udp6       0      0 :::32953                :::*                                335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp6       0      0 :::5353                 :::*                                335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp6       0      0 fe80::f18c:2ed4:b72:123 :::*                                539/ntpd            

udp6       0      0 ::1:123                 :::*                                539/ntpd            

udp6       0      0 :::123                  :::*                                539/ntpd   


Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Ted Lawrence
 

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 05:09 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
netstat -unap

Active Internet connections (servers and established)

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:34001           0.0.0.0:*                           566/Analog_Bridge   

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5353            0.0.0.0:*                           335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:32001         0.0.0.0:*                           31215/asterisk      

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:42320           0.0.0.0:*                           335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:31100           0.0.0.0:*                           566/Analog_Bridge   

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:31103           0.0.0.0:*                           568/MMDVM_Bridge    

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2470            0.0.0.0:*                           567/md380-emu       

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:4569            0.0.0.0:*                           31215/asterisk      

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:68              0.0.0.0:*                           496/dhcpcd          

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:62032           0.0.0.0:*                           568/MMDVM_Bridge    

udp        0      0 192.168.1.86:123        0.0.0.0:*                           539/ntpd            

udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:123           0.0.0.0:*                           539/ntpd            

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:123             0.0.0.0:*                           539/ntpd            

udp6       0      0 :::32953                :::*                                335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp6       0      0 :::5353                 :::*                                335/avahi-daemon: r 

udp6       0      0 fe80::f18c:2ed4:b72:123 :::*                                539/ntpd            

udp6       0      0 ::1:123                 :::*                                539/ntpd            

udp6       0      0 :::123                  :::*                                539/ntpd       


Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Steve N4IRS
 

With Asterisk NOT running, as root, show results of:
netstat -unap

Steve

On 12/31/19 8:07 AM, Ted Lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:
This is what I have: 

[505501]                                ; Change this to your assigned node number

 

                                        ; Must also be enabled in modules.conf

                                        ; Rx audio/signalling channel. Choose ONLY 1 per node stanza

 

                                        ; Enable the selected channel driver in modules.conf !!!

; rxchannel = dahdi/pseudo              ; No radio (hub)

; rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb_505501      ; SimpleUSB

; rxchannel = Pi/1                      ; Raspberry Pi PiTA 

; rxchannel = Radio/usb_505501          ; USBRadio (DSP) 

; rxchannel = Dahdi/1                   ; PCI Quad card 

; rxchannel = Beagle/1                  ; BeagleBoard

rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001  ; GNU Radio interface USRP

 

duplex = 1                              ; 0 = Half duplex with no telemetry tones or hang time.

                                        ;     Special Case: Full duplex if linktolink is set to yes.

                                        ;     This mode is preferred when interfacing with an external multiport repeater controller.

                                        ;     Comment out idrecording and idtalkover to suppress IDs also

                                        ; 1 = Half duplex with telemetry tones and hang time. Does not repeat audio.

                                        ;     This mode is preferred when interfacing a simplex node.

                                        ; 2 = Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time.

                                        ;     This mode is preferred when interfacing a repeater.

                                        ; 3 = Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time, but no repeated audio.

                                        ; 4 = Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time. Repeated audio only when the autopatch is down.

 

linktolink = Yes                        ; disables forcing physical half-duplex operation of main repeater while

                                        ; still keeping half-duplex semantics (optional)

 

linkmongain = 0                         ; Link Monitor Gain adjusts the audio level of monitored nodes when a signal from another node or the local receiver is received.

                                        ; If linkmongain is set to a negative number the monitored audio will decrease by the set amount in db.

                                        ; If linkmongain set to a positive number monitored audio will increase by the set amount in db.

                                        ; The value of linkmongain is in db. The default value is 0 db.

 

erxgain = -3                            ; Echolink receive gain adjustment

                                        ; Note: Gain is in db-volts (20logVI/VO)

etxgain = 3                             ; Echolink transmit gain adjustment

                                        ; Note: Gain is in db-volts (20logVI/VO)

;eannmode = 1                           ; 1 = Say only node number on echolink connects (default = 1)

                                        ; 2 = say phonetic call sign only on echolink connects

                                        ; 3 = say phonetic call sign and node number on echolink connects

 


Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Ted Lawrence
 

This is what I have: 

[505501]                                ; Change this to your assigned node number

 

                                        ; Must also be enabled in modules.conf

                                        ; Rx audio/signalling channel. Choose ONLY 1 per node stanza

 

                                        ; Enable the selected channel driver in modules.conf !!!

; rxchannel = dahdi/pseudo              ; No radio (hub)

; rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb_505501      ; SimpleUSB

; rxchannel = Pi/1                      ; Raspberry Pi PiTA 

; rxchannel = Radio/usb_505501          ; USBRadio (DSP) 

; rxchannel = Dahdi/1                   ; PCI Quad card 

; rxchannel = Beagle/1                  ; BeagleBoard

rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001  ; GNU Radio interface USRP

 

duplex = 1                              ; 0 = Half duplex with no telemetry tones or hang time.

                                        ;     Special Case: Full duplex if linktolink is set to yes.

                                        ;     This mode is preferred when interfacing with an external multiport repeater controller.

                                        ;     Comment out idrecording and idtalkover to suppress IDs also

                                        ; 1 = Half duplex with telemetry tones and hang time. Does not repeat audio.

                                        ;     This mode is preferred when interfacing a simplex node.

                                        ; 2 = Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time.

                                        ;     This mode is preferred when interfacing a repeater.

                                        ; 3 = Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time, but no repeated audio.

                                        ; 4 = Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time. Repeated audio only when the autopatch is down.

 

linktolink = Yes                        ; disables forcing physical half-duplex operation of main repeater while

                                        ; still keeping half-duplex semantics (optional)

 

linkmongain = 0                         ; Link Monitor Gain adjusts the audio level of monitored nodes when a signal from another node or the local receiver is received.

                                        ; If linkmongain is set to a negative number the monitored audio will decrease by the set amount in db.

                                        ; If linkmongain set to a positive number monitored audio will increase by the set amount in db.

                                        ; The value of linkmongain is in db. The default value is 0 db.

 

erxgain = -3                            ; Echolink receive gain adjustment

                                        ; Note: Gain is in db-volts (20logVI/VO)

etxgain = 3                             ; Echolink transmit gain adjustment

                                        ; Note: Gain is in db-volts (20logVI/VO)

;eannmode = 1                           ; 1 = Say only node number on echolink connects (default = 1)

                                        ; 2 = say phonetic call sign only on echolink connects

                                        ; 3 = say phonetic call sign and node number on echolink connects

 


Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Steve N4IRS
 

[Dec 31 07:12:05] WARNING[25971]: chan_usrp.c:278 usrp_alloc: Unable to bind port for usrp connection

Check your USRP port settings.

On 12/31/19 7:15 AM, Ted Lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:
On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 06:01 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
asterisk -vcd
Here is the response 

AllStarLink Asterisk Version 1.01 2/13/2018 GIT Version adaec47

Copyright (C) 1999 - 2018 Digium, Inc. Jim Dixon, AllStarLink Inc. and others.

Created by Mark Spencer <markster@...>

Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.

This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public

License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under

certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.

=========================================================================

Parsing /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

Parsing /etc/asterisk/logger.conf

Asterisk Event Logger Started /var/log/asterisk/event_log

Asterisk Dynamic Loader Starting:

[Dec 31 07:12:04] NOTICE[25949]: dnsmgr.c:394 do_reload: Managed DNS entries will be refreshed every 300 seconds.

Asterisk Management interface listening on port 5038

[Dec 31 07:12:04] NOTICE[25949]: cdr.c:1416 do_reload: CDR simple logging enabled.

Asterisk PBX Core Initializing

Registering builtin applications:

 [Answer]

 [BackGround]

 [Busy]

 [Congestion]

 [Goto]

 [GotoIf]

 [GotoIfTime]

 [ExecIfTime]

 [Hangup]

 [NoOp]

 [Progress]

 [ResetCDR]

 [Ringing]

 [SayNumber]

 [SayDigits]

 [SayAlpha]

 [SayPhonetic]

 [SetAMAFlags]

 [SetGlobalVar]

 [Set]

 [ImportVar]

 [Wait]

 [WaitExten]

Asterisk Dynamic Loader Starting:

[Dec 31 07:12:04] NOTICE[25949]: loader.c:874 load_modules: 56 modules will be loaded.

res_adsi.so => (ADSI Resource)

res_crypto.so => (Cryptographic Digital Signatures)

res_features.so => (Call Features Resource)

res_indications.so => (Indications Resource)

app_authenticate.so => (Authentication Application)

app_dial.so => (Dialing Application)

app_exec.so => (Executes dialplan applications)

app_macro.so => (Extension Macros)

app_playback.so => (Sound File Playback Application)

app_rpt.so => (Radio Repeater/Remote Base Application)

app_sendtext.so => (Send Text Applications)

app_system.so => (Generic System() application)

app_transfer.so => (Transfer)

chan_dahdi.so => (DAHDI Telephony)

chan_iax2.so => (Inter Asterisk eXchange (Ver 2))

chan_local.so => (Local Proxy Channel (Note: used internally by other modules))

chan_usrp.so => (USRP Channel Module)

codec_adpcm.so => (Adaptive Differential PCM Coder/Decoder)

codec_alaw.so => (A-law Coder/Decoder)

codec_a_mu.so => (A-law and Mulaw direct Coder/Decoder)

codec_g722.so => (ITU G.722-64kbps G722 Transcoder)

codec_g726.so => (ITU G.726-32kbps G726 Transcoder)

codec_gsm.so => (GSM Coder/Decoder)

codec_ulaw.so => (mu-Law Coder/Decoder)

codec_ilbc.so => (iLBC Coder/Decoder)

format_g723.so => (G.723.1 Simple Timestamp File Format)

format_g726.so => (Raw G.726 (16/24/32/40kbps) data)

format_g729.so => (Raw G729 data)

format_gsm.so => (Raw GSM data)

format_h263.so => (Raw H.263 data)

format_h264.so => (Raw H.264 data)

format_ilbc.so => (Raw iLBC data)

format_pcm.so => (Raw/Sun uLaw/ALaw 8KHz (PCM,PCMA,AU), G.722 16Khz)

format_sln.so => (Raw Signed Linear Audio support (SLN))

format_vox.so => (Dialogic VOX (ADPCM) File Format)

format_wav_gsm.so => (Microsoft WAV format (Proprietary GSM))

format_wav.so => (Microsoft WAV format (8000Hz Signed Linear))

func_base64.so => (base64 encode/decode dialplan functions)

func_callerid.so => (Caller ID related dialplan function)

func_cdr.so => (CDR dialplan function)

func_channel.so => (Channel information dialplan function)

func_curl.so => (Load external URL)

func_cut.so => (Cut out information from a string)

func_db.so => (Database (astdb) related dialplan functions)

func_enum.so => (ENUM related dialplan functions)

func_env.so => (Environment/filesystem dialplan functions)

func_global.so => (Global variable dialplan functions)

func_groupcount.so => (Channel group dialplan functions)

func_language.so => (Channel language dialplan function)

func_logic.so => (Logical dialplan functions)

func_math.so => (Mathematical dialplan function)

func_md5.so => (MD5 digest dialplan functions)

func_moh.so => (Music-on-hold dialplan function)

func_rand.so => (Random number dialplan function)

func_realtime.so => (Read/Write values from a RealTime repository)

pbx_config.so => (Text Extension Configuration)

Asterisk Ready.

*CLI> [Dec 31 07:12:05] NOTICE[25955]: app_rpt.c:22184 rpt_master: Normal Repeater Init  1999    

[Dec 31 07:12:05] NOTICE[25955]: app_rpt.c:22184 rpt_master: Normal Repeater Init  505501    

[Dec 31 07:12:05] WARNING[25971]: chan_usrp.c:278 usrp_alloc: Unable to bind port for usrp connection

rpt:Sorry unable to obtain Rx channel

Beginning asterisk shutdown....

Executing last minute cleanups

Asterisk cleanly ending (0).



Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Ted Lawrence
 

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 06:01 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
asterisk -vcd
Here is the response 

AllStarLink Asterisk Version 1.01 2/13/2018 GIT Version adaec47

Copyright (C) 1999 - 2018 Digium, Inc. Jim Dixon, AllStarLink Inc. and others.

Created by Mark Spencer <markster@...>

Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.

This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public

License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under

certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.

=========================================================================

Parsing /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

Parsing /etc/asterisk/logger.conf

Asterisk Event Logger Started /var/log/asterisk/event_log

Asterisk Dynamic Loader Starting:

[Dec 31 07:12:04] NOTICE[25949]: dnsmgr.c:394 do_reload: Managed DNS entries will be refreshed every 300 seconds.

Asterisk Management interface listening on port 5038

[Dec 31 07:12:04] NOTICE[25949]: cdr.c:1416 do_reload: CDR simple logging enabled.

Asterisk PBX Core Initializing

Registering builtin applications:

 [Answer]

 [BackGround]

 [Busy]

 [Congestion]

 [Goto]

 [GotoIf]

 [GotoIfTime]

 [ExecIfTime]

 [Hangup]

 [NoOp]

 [Progress]

 [ResetCDR]

 [Ringing]

 [SayNumber]

 [SayDigits]

 [SayAlpha]

 [SayPhonetic]

 [SetAMAFlags]

 [SetGlobalVar]

 [Set]

 [ImportVar]

 [Wait]

 [WaitExten]

Asterisk Dynamic Loader Starting:

[Dec 31 07:12:04] NOTICE[25949]: loader.c:874 load_modules: 56 modules will be loaded.

res_adsi.so => (ADSI Resource)

res_crypto.so => (Cryptographic Digital Signatures)

res_features.so => (Call Features Resource)

res_indications.so => (Indications Resource)

app_authenticate.so => (Authentication Application)

app_dial.so => (Dialing Application)

app_exec.so => (Executes dialplan applications)

app_macro.so => (Extension Macros)

app_playback.so => (Sound File Playback Application)

app_rpt.so => (Radio Repeater/Remote Base Application)

app_sendtext.so => (Send Text Applications)

app_system.so => (Generic System() application)

app_transfer.so => (Transfer)

chan_dahdi.so => (DAHDI Telephony)

chan_iax2.so => (Inter Asterisk eXchange (Ver 2))

chan_local.so => (Local Proxy Channel (Note: used internally by other modules))

chan_usrp.so => (USRP Channel Module)

codec_adpcm.so => (Adaptive Differential PCM Coder/Decoder)

codec_alaw.so => (A-law Coder/Decoder)

codec_a_mu.so => (A-law and Mulaw direct Coder/Decoder)

codec_g722.so => (ITU G.722-64kbps G722 Transcoder)

codec_g726.so => (ITU G.726-32kbps G726 Transcoder)

codec_gsm.so => (GSM Coder/Decoder)

codec_ulaw.so => (mu-Law Coder/Decoder)

codec_ilbc.so => (iLBC Coder/Decoder)

format_g723.so => (G.723.1 Simple Timestamp File Format)

format_g726.so => (Raw G.726 (16/24/32/40kbps) data)

format_g729.so => (Raw G729 data)

format_gsm.so => (Raw GSM data)

format_h263.so => (Raw H.263 data)

format_h264.so => (Raw H.264 data)

format_ilbc.so => (Raw iLBC data)

format_pcm.so => (Raw/Sun uLaw/ALaw 8KHz (PCM,PCMA,AU), G.722 16Khz)

format_sln.so => (Raw Signed Linear Audio support (SLN))

format_vox.so => (Dialogic VOX (ADPCM) File Format)

format_wav_gsm.so => (Microsoft WAV format (Proprietary GSM))

format_wav.so => (Microsoft WAV format (8000Hz Signed Linear))

func_base64.so => (base64 encode/decode dialplan functions)

func_callerid.so => (Caller ID related dialplan function)

func_cdr.so => (CDR dialplan function)

func_channel.so => (Channel information dialplan function)

func_curl.so => (Load external URL)

func_cut.so => (Cut out information from a string)

func_db.so => (Database (astdb) related dialplan functions)

func_enum.so => (ENUM related dialplan functions)

func_env.so => (Environment/filesystem dialplan functions)

func_global.so => (Global variable dialplan functions)

func_groupcount.so => (Channel group dialplan functions)

func_language.so => (Channel language dialplan function)

func_logic.so => (Logical dialplan functions)

func_math.so => (Mathematical dialplan function)

func_md5.so => (MD5 digest dialplan functions)

func_moh.so => (Music-on-hold dialplan function)

func_rand.so => (Random number dialplan function)

func_realtime.so => (Read/Write values from a RealTime repository)

pbx_config.so => (Text Extension Configuration)

Asterisk Ready.

*CLI> [Dec 31 07:12:05] NOTICE[25955]: app_rpt.c:22184 rpt_master: Normal Repeater Init  1999    

[Dec 31 07:12:05] NOTICE[25955]: app_rpt.c:22184 rpt_master: Normal Repeater Init  505501    

[Dec 31 07:12:05] WARNING[25971]: chan_usrp.c:278 usrp_alloc: Unable to bind port for usrp connection

rpt:Sorry unable to obtain Rx channel

Beginning asterisk shutdown....

Executing last minute cleanups

Asterisk cleanly ending (0).


DMRlink with no audio passing #dmrlink

ai6bx
 
Edited

I took a few weeks away from this project and am back at it now. As my ultimate goal involved linking DMRlink with HBlink with the corresponding IPSC_Bridge and HB_Bridge, I have stepped back a little to build out the networks on each side ensuring all was healthy there. As I stripped back the bridge interfaces, I may have inadvertently caused another issue as my Motorola repeaters with pointed at masters in the dmrlink.cfg files do not appear to fully connect or pass traffic. I note the following behaviors leading me to this:
* the confbridge.py shows the IP address of the repeater as well as the assigned port number however the network link light on the repeater does not sustain solid but blinks indicating no connection.
* I can ping the repeater from the computer running Dmrlink and IPSC
* when I key the repeater and visually confirm signal and TS activation I do not see the corresponding log information show up that I do when I key a remote repeater connected to a different Motorola Master linked to the peer server in the same config file. 

Expanding on the above, I now have three motorola repeaters showing links to DMRlink with the corresponding master stanzas noted above and I have a successful peer link to an existing motorola repeater functioning as a master with seven other linked repeaters. When a radio keys on one of the repeaters linked to the motorola master I see the radio ID and talk group show up in my dmrlink.py logs. Looking at the moto repeaters coming into my dmrlink system, I see IP addresses and port numbers however I get no audio and I do not see the same information regarding radio ID and TG. I also do not see the reciprocal indication of a connection on the repeater side as the link light continues to flash rather than going solid indicating a solid two way link. Below is the log captured during a test session. The only potential errors I see are related to the Carlsbad link. (ERROR (CARLSBAD) Unknown Message - Type: f0 From: 734566 Packet: f0000b35664a531000)

root@AI6BX-DMR:~# tail -f /tmp/dmrlink.log
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (CARLSBAD) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734566, 69.75.245.178:50009
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Peer List Received from Master: 7 peers in this IPSC
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Peer List Received from Master: 7 peers in this IPSC
INFO (GLAMIS) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734355, 44.16.15.50:62055
INFO (HB_BRIDGE) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734440, 166.170.51.21:14225
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (CARLSBAD) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734566, 69.75.245.178:50009
ERROR (CARLSBAD) Unknown Message - Type: f0 From: 734566 Packet: f0000b35664a531000
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (GLAMIS) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734355, 44.16.15.50:62055
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Peer List Received from Master: 7 peers in this IPSC
INFO (HB_BRIDGE) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734440, 166.170.51.21:14225
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (CARLSBAD) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734566, 69.75.245.178:50009
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (GLAMIS) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734355, 44.16.15.50:62055
ERROR (CARLSBAD) Unknown Message - Type: f0 From: 734566 Packet: f0000b356648531000
INFO (HB_BRIDGE) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734440, 166.170.51.21:14225
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Peer List Received from Master: 7 peers in this IPSC
INFO (CARLSBAD) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734566, 69.75.245.178:50009
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Peer List Received from Master: 7 peers in this IPSC
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (GLAMIS) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734355, 44.16.15.50:62055
INFO (HB_BRIDGE) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734440, 166.170.51.21:14225
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (ALL IPSC SYSTEMS) Rule timer loop started
INFO (CARLSBAD) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734566, 69.75.245.178:50009
ERROR (CARLSBAD) Unknown Message - Type: f0 From: 734566 Packet: f0000b35664a531000
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (GLAMIS) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734355, 44.16.15.50:62055
INFO (HB_BRIDGE) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734440, 166.170.51.21:14225
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Peer Keep-Alive Missed for 734990, 72.132.16.199:50006
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (CARLSBAD) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734566, 69.75.245.178:50009
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (GLAMIS) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734355, 44.16.15.50:62055
ERROR (CARLSBAD) Unknown Message - Type: f0 From: 734566 Packet: f0000b35664e531000
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (HB_BRIDGE) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734440, 166.170.51.21:14225
INFO (CARLSBAD) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734566, 69.75.245.178:50009
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Peer List Received from Master: 7 peers in this IPSC
INFO (GLAMIS) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734355, 44.16.15.50:62055
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (HB_BRIDGE) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734440, 166.170.51.21:14225
INFO (CARLSBAD) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734566, 69.75.245.178:50009
ERROR (CARLSBAD) Unknown Message - Type: f0 From: 734566 Packet: f0000b35664a531000
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (GLAMIS) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734355, 44.16.15.50:62055
INFO (RIFF_PEER) Registering with Peer 20001, 67.63.96.6:50001
INFO (HB_BRIDGE) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734440, 166.170.51.21:14225
^C

Following is the master stanza for the Carlsbad repeater:

[CARLSBAD]
ENABLED: True
RADIO_ID: 734566
IP:
PORT: 62036
ALIVE_TIMER: 5
MAX_MISSED: 20
PEER_OPER: True
IPSC_MODE: DIGITAL
TS1_LINK: True
TS2_LINK: True
CSBK_CALL: False
RCM: True
CON_APP: True
XNL_CALL: False
XNL_MASTER: False
DATA_CALL: True
VOICE_CALL: True
MASTER_PEER: True
AUTH_ENABLED: True
AUTH_KEY: AD07911
# Below not used for a Master
# MASTER_IP: 1.2.3.4
# MASTER_PORT: 50000
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5

Here is what my confbridge_rules.py looks like:

BRIDGES = {
    'ALLCALL': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'RIFF_PEER',    'TS': 1, 'TGID': 156,    'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [2,], 'OFF': [9,10]},
            {'SYSTEM': 'GLAMIS',    'TS': 1, 'TGID': 156, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [2,], 'OFF': [9,10]},
            {'SYSTEM': 'CARLSBAD',    'TS': 1, 'TGID': 156, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [2,], 'OFF': [9,10]},
            {'SYSTEM': 'HB_BRIDGE',    'TS': 1, 'TGID': 156, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [2,], 'OFF': [9,10]},
        ],
    'T-TAC': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'RIFF_PEER',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 71,   'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [3,], 'OFF': [8,10]},
            {'SYSTEM': 'GLAMIS',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 71,   'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [3,], 'OFF': [8,10]},
            {'SYSTEM': 'CARLSBAD',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 71,   'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [3,], 'OFF': [8,10]},
            {'SYSTEM': 'HB_BRIDGE',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 71,   'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [3,], 'OFF': [8,10]},
        ],
    'DARKSTAR': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'RIFF_PEER',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 77, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [4,], 'OFF': [7,10]},
            {'SYSTEM': 'GLAMIS',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 77, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [4,], 'OFF': [7,10]},
            {'SYSTEM': 'CARLSBAD',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 77, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [4,], 'OFF': [7,10]},
            {'SYSTEM': 'HB_BRIDGE',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 77, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [4,], 'OFF': [7,10]},
        ]
}
 
if __name__ == '__main__':
    from pprint import pprint
    pprint(BRIDGES)


Re: Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Steve N4IRS
 

I would say yes you did.
As root:
cd /etc/asterisk
systemctl stop asterisk
asterisk -vcd
watch the screen, see if you can catch what your error is.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/30/19 8:00 PM, Ted Lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:
New here still learning my way around AllStar and DV-Switch . I get the following message after running systemctl status asterisk:

● asterisk.service - Asterisk PBX and telephony daemon

   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/asterisk.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2019-12-30 19:53:48 EST; 8s ago

     Docs: man:asterisk(8)

  Process: 3471 ExecStop=/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx stop now (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

  Process: 3441 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/asterisk -g -f -C /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

 Main PID: 3441 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

This occurred in error after editing 
rpt.conf.  I must have made an error somewhere.  Not sure?

Thanks,
Ted KD4EG 



Help after editing rpt.conf. Not sure why?

Ted Lawrence
 

New here still learning my way around AllStar and DV-Switch . I get the following message after running systemctl status asterisk:

● asterisk.service - Asterisk PBX and telephony daemon

   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/asterisk.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2019-12-30 19:53:48 EST; 8s ago

     Docs: man:asterisk(8)

  Process: 3471 ExecStop=/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx stop now (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

  Process: 3441 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/asterisk -g -f -C /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

 Main PID: 3441 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

This occurred in error after editing 
rpt.conf.  I must have made an error somewhere.  Not sure?

Thanks,
Ted KD4EG 


Re: DSTAR Registration Questions

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>
 

Ed, You are correct regarding the original DCS reflector Z module, see ;

http://176.10.105.252/dcs_userstatus.htm

The Z module on these should return an echo with CQCQCQ once connected. Try DCS001 to test.

Many DCS entries in the DCS host file system are actually XLX reflectors, which don't support it.


These should work ;


DCS001    dcs001.xreflector.net   
DCS002    dcs002.xreflector.net   
DCS003    dcs003.xreflector.net
DCS004    dcs004.xreflector.net

DCS007    dcs007.xreflector.net   
DCS008    dcs008.xreflector.net   
DCS009    dcs009.xreflector.net

DCS011    dcs011.xreflector.net   
  
DCS015    dcs015.xreflector.net   
DCS016    dcs016.xreflector.net   
DCS017    dcs017.xreflector.net   
DCS018    dcs018.xreflector.net   
DCS019    dcs019.xreflector.net   
DCS021    dcs021.xreflector.net   
DCS022    dcs022.xreflector.net   
DCS023    dcs023.xreflector.net   
DCS024    dcs024.xreflector.net   
DCS025    dcs025.xreflector.net   
DCS026    dcs026.xreflector.net   
DCS027    dcs027.xreflector.net

DCS032    dcs032.xreflector.net   
DCS033    dcs033.xreflector.net
DCS044    dcs044.xreflector.net



On 31/12/19 7:57 am, Ed W8VT wrote:
Well, thought from what I could read that REF001E or any REF with E or DCS with Z were echo reflectors. Connected to them thinking should hear myself repeated back.
Is that not how they work? How would I issue your commands from the CLI of this ircDDBgateway-MMDVM_Bridge-Analog_Bridge-ASL setup?
Got DMR and YSF working without much trouble. DSTAR is becoming quite the educational experience!

Thanks,
Ed W8VT


Re: Getting a Burp Voice Message through ASL <> DMR Bridge #mmdvm_bridge

Ted Lawrence
 

Thanks for the help.  Will make changes and try again. 


Re: DSTAR Registration Questions

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>
 

That's not correct. E is just another reflector module and has no reference to 'echo' Echo is an internal ircddbgateway feature, like 'info' #######I  etc.

and requires the #######E urcall sent. You really need to do it from the dstar radio. If you get ok audio reports from the dstar side, I wouldn't worry about it.

On 31/12/19 7:57 am, Ed W8VT wrote:
Well, thought from what I could read that REF001E or any REF with E or DCS with Z were echo reflectors. Connected to them thinking should hear myself repeated back.
Is that not how they work? How would I issue your commands from the CLI of this ircDDBgateway-MMDVM_Bridge-Analog_Bridge-ASL setup?
Got DMR and YSF working without much trouble. DSTAR is becoming quite the educational experience!

Thanks,
Ed W8VT


Re: DSTAR Registration Questions

Ed W8VT
 

Well, thought from what I could read that REF001E or any REF with E or DCS with Z were echo reflectors. Connected to them thinking should hear myself repeated back.
Is that not how they work? How would I issue your commands from the CLI of this ircDDBgateway-MMDVM_Bridge-Analog_Bridge-ASL setup?
Got DMR and YSF working without much trouble. DSTAR is becoming quite the educational experience!

Thanks,
Ed W8VT


Re: DSTAR Registration Questions

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>
 

Ed, usually the ircddb server needs a transmission from the user on 40000 UDP to then add to database. 'Not found' messages usually cease

after a callsign route is done and the call is registered with it's IP in the ircddb database.

If you don't use callsign routing you can turn off all ircddb server options,  they are not necessary for usual dstar linking practice, within ircddbgateway to function.

If not needed, Disable all 4. They are not required for REF, XRF and DCS linking, CCS7, echo, info etc. The internet usage on the system is dramatically reduced.

Remote 4G modem d-star systems with monthly plan benefit greatly from the ircddb server disabled state keeping internet usage within limits, and startup time is much faster.

Example of disabled (=0) ;

ircddbEnabled=0
ircddbHostname=
ircddbUsername=
ircddbPassword=
ircddbEnabled2=0
ircddbHostname2=
ircddbUsername2=
ircddbPassword2=
ircddbEnabled3=0
ircddbHostname3=
ircddbUsername3=
ircddbPassword3=
ircddbEnabled4=0
ircddbHostname4=
ircddbUsername4=


aprs can also be disabled if not needed.


I run without ircddb enabled constantly.   http://vk4tux.duckdns.org:6080/vnc_auto.html  Running 2 x mmdvms and 2 x dstarrepeater for 4 module operation, ircddb server not needed or desired.



On 31/12/19 7:20 am, Will - W4WWM wrote:

Ed-W8VT

Restart your gateway as the quadnet server has a new IP.  That should clear up the NOT FOUND message.  If not send an email to admins@...


Will / W4WWM


On 12/30/2019 2:44 PM, Ed W8VT wrote:
Steve and Adrian,
Have an update. Keep getting interrupted but here is where we stand right now.
Manually updated the database (./dvswitch.sh update). Guess I should set up a cron job to do this on a regular basis?
Now my call shows rather than the DMR ID. Still get this though when trying to transmit:
M: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: Link command from W8VT   B to REF001 C issued via UR Call by W8VT    M: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: D-Plus reply is OKRWM: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: D-Plus ACK message received from REF001 CM: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: D-Plus link to REF001 C establishedM: 2019-12-30 20:23:15: USER: W8VT     NOT FOUND
Tried the E echo and no response, also called on several reflectors with no response, so get  the feeling no transmit.
Got to head out for now and won't be back until later this evening.
Really appreciate the assistance.

Ed W8VT


Re: DSTAR Registration Questions

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>
 

How are you sending an echo request ? In D-Star #######E should be sent in urcall (#=space), &  ircddbgateway handles this locally, it does not go out beyond.

The ircddbgateway log will just show , eg ;

M: 2019-12-30 21:22:53: Received 5.7 secs of audio from VK4TUX   for echoing


On 31/12/19 6:44 am, Ed W8VT wrote:
Steve and Adrian,
Have an update. Keep getting interrupted but here is where we stand right now.
Manually updated the database (./dvswitch.sh update). Guess I should set up a cron job to do this on a regular basis?
Now my call shows rather than the DMR ID. Still get this though when trying to transmit:
M: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: Link command from W8VT   B to REF001 C issued via UR Call by W8VT    M: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: D-Plus reply is OKRWM: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: D-Plus ACK message received from REF001 CM: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: D-Plus link to REF001 C establishedM: 2019-12-30 20:23:15: USER: W8VT     NOT FOUND
Tried the E echo and no response, also called on several reflectors with no response, so get  the feeling no transmit.
Got to head out for now and won't be back until later this evening.
Really appreciate the assistance.

Ed W8VT