Topics

Allstar <-> DMR Audio

Jim - K6JWN

Good evening.

I didn't want to thread jack the other DMR to Allstar Bridge thread going on, so I figure I would start my own..

So, I spent the better part of today getting ASL, Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge running on a Debian 9 VM.  I have all the pieces connected together, but I am only getting jarbled audio between the links..  I have scanned over the posts and some searching on google and found several mentions of using a DV3000 hardware device.  I was under the assumption that this particular link could be all done over software.  Is that the case, or did I miss a piece somewhere in my software components that handles audio?

Any insight to what I missed would be great!

Thanks!

Jim, K6JWN

Steve N4IRS

Jim,
Can you show us your Analog_Bridge.ini? I would also like to see a section of the log where the audio is garbled.

73, Steve N4IRS

Jim - K6JWN

Attached is my Analog_Bridge.ini

Which log are you wanting to see?  Analog_Bridge or MMDVM_Bridge?

Jim, K6JWN

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 3:15:23 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Allstar <-> DMR Audio

Jim,
Can you show us your Analog_Bridge.ini? I would also like to see a section of the log where the audio is garbled.

73, Steve N4IRS

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

You are using the emulator.  Can you check to see if it is running:

ps -ef | grep md380-emu

and then

netstat -unap

Jim - K6JWN

That was it, the emulator wasn't installed.  After installing it and restarting everything, audio is good!

Thanks!

Jim, K6JWN

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Mike Zingman - N4IRR <mike.zingman@...>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 8:35:32 AM

ps -ef | grep md380-emu

and then

netstat -unap

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

I also answered your BM request.

Corey  N3FE

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 12:26 PM, James Nessen <nessenj@...> wrote:

That was it, the emulator wasn't installed.  After installing it and restarting everything, audio is good!

Thanks!

Jim, K6JWN

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Mike Zingman - N4IRR <mike.zingman@...>

ps -ef | grep md380-emu

and then

netstat -unap

Jim - K6JWN

Thanks for the quick response on that Corey.

Jim, K6JWN

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 9:59:21 AM
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io

I also answered your BM request.

Corey  N3FE

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 12:26 PM, James Nessen <nessenj@...> wrote:

Thanks!

Jim, K6JWN

ps -ef | grep md380-emu

and then

netstat -unap

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

No problem.  I have an item on my list to improve the error handling (log messages at the very least) for this as I can see it will be a reoccurring issue.  
I also have a different way of invoking the emulator that may solve the launching issue anyway.