Hardware

David KG5RDF

Is the bridge hardware specific or can a dv-mega be used. I see reference only to mmdvm usb.

Steve N4IRS

David,
Actually, it can be either or both. DVSwitch really does not deal directly with the MMDVM hardware, be it a HotSpot like the DVMega or a MMDVM based repeater. All the bridging is done at the network level. You can create a server for the MMDVM type devices with HBlink and you can connect a MMDVM based device to a reflector and bridge from there. Tell us more about what you are thinking of doing and we can see if it fits.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 05/27/2018 01:48 PM, David wrote:
Is the bridge hardware specific or can a dv-mega be used. I see reference only to mmdvm usb.

David KG5RDF

Would like to add DMR capability via Allstar, running off of a  Raspberry pi3, and tie it to
NCTC.info linked repeater system via Allstar node 47115. I have used an openspot, fusion reflector-dr1-wiresx to accomplish this, but it's far from ideal. Do not want to use echolink or wiresx.

I have loaded the current debian stretch image onto a pi, node 46920. It has just a audio FOB for now, but works great with a headset. I ran out of spare URI's.

I have loaded: Apt-get update, dvswitch-repo, Analog-bridge, mmdvm-bridge, md380-emu.

The pi has a dv-mega hat plugged in. I just assumed it required a hardware decoder for a Digital-Bridge to an Analog-Bridge. Just starting the endeavor and reading up on what I can find and looking at the script and config files I loaded.

Thanks for the response David