DMR to ASL audio level

Peter Buckley

Thanks Steve,

Please make a suggestion as your schedule allows.

Symptom needing help:  low volume audio coming back in from DMR side to Allstar side.
My current  Analog_Bridge.ini is below.  Original entries marked with a  #  (updated entries right below those lines)
Steve - I made the adjustments based on an earlier email (to the group) from you.
Q.)  How best to include the DMR Audio going into the Allstar side.
73s  -pete  N0ECT

[USRP]
server = 127.0.0.1                      ; IP address of Allstar/Asterisk
toASLPort = 32001                       ; Analog_Bridge <-- ASL
fromASLPort = 34001                     ; Analog_Bridge --> ASL
#  aslAudio = AUDIO_UNITY               ; Original Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN               ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
# agcGain = -20                         ; Original  Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
agcGain = .5                            ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
dmrAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 0.65                          ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)
#  dmrGain = 0.35                       ; Original  Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

On Sunday, May 20, 2018 7:23 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

I have some updates to make to to the programs, meta packages and config files. We are changing some of the defaults to point to the test reflectors. There are a few minor updates to the programs. 
Mike and I have been working on the documentation and example configs. I'll be updating the wiki with some of the samples.

73, Steve N4IRS

Steve N4IRS

Peter,
Use:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN                  ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 2                                                   ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

This is multiply by 2. If still too low raise by 1 until you get it where you want it. 3.5 is a acceptable number.

Mike and I have been talking about tweaking these defaults.

Steve

On 5/30/2018 12:58 PM, Peter Buckley via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks Steve,

Symptom needing help:  low volume audio coming back in from DMR side to Allstar side.
My current  Analog_Bridge.ini is below.  Original entries marked with a  #  (updated entries right below those lines)
Steve - I made the adjustments based on an earlier email (to the group) from you.
73s  -pete  N0ECT

[USRP]
#  aslAudio = AUDIO_UNITY               ; Original Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN               ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
# agcGain = -20                         ; Original  Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
dmrAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 0.65                          ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)
#  dmrGain = 0.35                       ; Original  Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

I have some updates to make to to the programs, meta packages and config files. We are changing some of the defaults to point to the test reflectors. There are a few minor updates to the programs. 
Mike and I have been working on the documentation and example configs. I'll be updating the wiki with some of the samples.

73, Steve N4IRS

Peter Buckley

Thanks Steve,

That DMR Audio increase tip - worked perfectly.  The DMR side came up (what I needed) to get the analog listeners (Allstar) up to a good level.
Our assigned BM/TG 31085   is connected to an old Analog Repeater system that covers most of western Colorado - Vail, Aspen, Glenwood Springs and Grand Junction.
73s  pete  N0ECT

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:07 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Peter,
Use:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN                  ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 2                                                   ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

This is multiply by 2. If still too low raise by 1 until you get it where you want it. 3.5 is a acceptable number.

Mike and I have been talking about tweaking these defaults.

Steve

On 5/30/2018 12:58 PM, Peter Buckley via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks Steve,

73s  -pete  N0ECT

[USRP]

73, Steve N4IRS

Greg Hovland

If I make changes to the audio levels, do I need to reboot the system?

Steve N4IRS

No,
Just restart Analog_Bridge
systemctl restart analog_bridge

On 6/8/2018 2:43 PM, Greg Hovland wrote:
If I make changes to the audio levels, do I need to reboot the system?

Greg Hovland

Thank you. One last question.
To adjust the DMR to ASL, can I use AUDIO_USE_GAIN? If so, which number would I adjust? I only see an option for agcGain. I need to increase my audio from DRM to AllStar.

Steve N4IRS

Funny you should ask. While trying to write the documentation for this we realized that the names and comments need fixing. For now, here is the info:

aslAudio = AUDIO_UNITY ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
agcGain = -20 ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
dmrAudio = AUDIO_UNITY ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 0.35 ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

aslAudio is the level from DMR to ASL you can use the following:
AUDIO_UNITY No change in level from in to out
AUDIO_USE_GAIN Allow change in level up or down
agcGain is misleading, when used with AUDIO_USE_GAIN it is a number from 0.0 to 10.0 A number less then 1.0 is a reduction in level A number greater then 1 is a multiplier.
.75 is 75 percent of AUDIO_UNITY
5.0 is 5 times AUDIO_UNITY.

Steve

On 6/8/2018 2:49 PM, Greg Hovland wrote:
Thank you. One last question.
To adjust the DMR to ASL, can I use AUDIO_USE_GAIN? If so, which number would I adjust? I only see an option for agcGain. I need to increase my audio from DRM to AllStar.