New ASL / Echolink <> DMR Gateway up!

Jon KM8V

Hey, thanks to all of you who posted your configs.

I've now got a bridge up and running on the following:

BM TG 98003 (RedditNet)
ASL 48224
Echolink KM8V-L

And it all works!

One question:

Is there any way to control what callsign appears on Brandmeister, or will everything that comes through the bridge come through with my call?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V

Steve N4IRS

Jon,
The gatewayDmrId value is what appears as the station on BM. Since ASL has no Metadata, there is now real way to extract the real transmitting station.

73, Steve

On 05/31/2018 07:18 PM, jon@... wrote:
Hey, thanks to all of you who posted your configs.

I've now got a bridge up and running on the following:

BM TG 98003 (RedditNet)
ASL 48224
Echolink KM8V-L

And it all works!

One question:

Is there any way to control what callsign appears on Brandmeister, or will everything that comes through the bridge come through with my call?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V

Lito - WI6Y

Hi Steve,

Is there any way to translate the ASL Node ID transmitting -> person's callsign -> DMR ID?

73,

Lito

The gatewayDmrId value is what appears as the station on BM. Since ASL has no Metadata, there is now real way to extract the real transmitting station.

73, Steve

On 05/31/2018 07:18 PM, jon@... wrote:
Hey, thanks to all of you who posted your configs.

I've now got a bridge up and running on the following:

BM TG 98003 (RedditNet)
ASL 48224
Echolink KM8V-L

And it all works!

One question:

Is there any way to control what callsign appears on Brandmeister, or will everything that comes through the bridge come through with my call?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V

Steve N4IRS

No, not at this time.