IPSC_Bridge & HB_Bridge etc. - ID Database

Jon K1IMD <jon@...>

Although I know it is not really necessary to make these tools work, but has there be any resolution to the ID look up since move away from the DMR-MARC Database Services?

If so, where can I find the fix for the .conf files?

Jon
K1IMD

Steve N4IRS

Jon,
Which data file are you trying to fix?

On 6/1/2018 3:20 PM, Jon K1IMD wrote:
Although I know it is not really necessary to make these tools work, but has there be any resolution to the ID look up since move away from the DMR-MARC Database Services?

Jon
K1IMD

Peter M0NWI

I'm downloading a CSV file radioid.net it's basically a direct replacement for the fike from dmr-marc.

Regards
Peter

Sent from Outlook
From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>
Sent: 01 June 2018 20:30:50
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] IPSC_Bridge & HB_Bridge etc. - ID Database

Jon,

Jon
K1IMD

Jon K1IMD <jon@...>

Hi Steve,

Sure the Aliases look up of course won't work...  I believe one of my newer installations has a different configuration do to the file format change to JSON.  I will have to look later but in any event it would not work as it was before the servers move.

From hblink.cfg
[ALIASES]
TRY_DOWNLOAD: True
PATH: ./
PEER_FILE: peer_ids.csv
SUBSCRIBER_FILE: subscriber_ids.csv
TGID_FILE: talkgroup_ids.csv
PEER_URL: http://www.dmr-marc.net/cgi-bin/trbo-database/datadump.cgi?table=repeaters&format=csv&header=0
SUBSCRIBER_URL: http://www.dmr-marc.net/cgi-bin/trbo-database/datadump.cgi?table=users&format=csv&header=0
STALE_DAYS: 7

From dmrlink.cfg
[ALIASES]
TRY_DOWNLOAD: True
LOCAL_FILE: False
PATH: ./
PEER_FILE: peer_ids.csv
SUBSCRIBER_FILE: subscriber_ids.csv
TGID_FILE: talkgroup_ids.csv
PEER_URL: http://www.dmr-marc.net/cgi-bin/trbo-database/datadump.cgi?table=repeaters&format=csv&header=0
SUBSCRIBER_URL: http://www.dmr-marc.net/cgi-bin/trbo-database/datadump.cgi?table=users&format=csv&header=0
STALE_DAYS: 7

From dmrlink.py calling from dmrlink.cfg
# ID ALIAS CREATION
# Download
def build_aliases(_config, _logger):
#   if _config['ALIASES']['TRY_DOWNLOAD'] == True: # Disabled becuase DMR-MARC Servers NG
    if _config['ALIASES']['TRY_DOWNLOAD'] == False:

Jon
K1IMD

On 6/1/2018 3:30 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Jon,

Jon
K1IMD

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

master branch code for dmrlink.py hasn’t been changed for 9 months. IPSC_Bridge hasn’t been changed for a year and both read the same. I might suggest that was a local change you have there, and not a repo issue. The magic of version control!

(starting line 106):

def build_aliases(_config, _logger):
    if _config['ALIASES']['TRY_DOWNLOAD'] == True:
        # Try updating peer aliases file
        result = try_download(_config['ALIASES']['PATH'], _config['ALIASES']['PEER_FILE'], _config['ALIASES']['PEER_URL'], _config['ALIASES']['STALE_TIME'])
        _logger.info(result)
        # Try updating subscriber aliases file
        result = try_download(_config['ALIASES']['PATH'], _config['ALIASES']['SUBSCRIBER_FILE'], _config['ALIASES']['SUBSCRIBER_URL'], _config['ALIASES']['STALE_TIME'])
        _logger.info(result)

On Jun 1, 2018, at 3:28 PM, Jon K1IMD <jon@...> wrote:

…snip

# ID ALIAS CREATION
# Download
#   if _config['ALIASES']['TRY_DOWNLOAD'] == True: # Disabled becuase DMR-MARC Servers NG

Jon
K1IMD

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Jon K1IMD <jon@...>

Hi Cort,
This is what I have... in a running copy...
# ID ALIAS CREATION
# Download
#   if _config['ALIASES']['TRY_DOWNLOAD'] == True: # Disabled because DMR-MARC Servers NG
        # Try updating peer aliases file
        result = try_download(_config['ALIASES']['PATH'], _config['ALIASES']['PEER_FILE'], _config['ALIASES']['PEER_URL'], _config['ALIASES']['STALE_TIME'])
        _logger.info(result)
        # Try updating subscriber aliases file
        result = try_download(_config['ALIASES']['PATH'], _config['ALIASES']['SUBSCRIBER_FILE'], _config['ALIASES']['SUBSCRIBER_URL'], _config['ALIASES']['STALE_TIME'])
        _logger.info(result)

Really the question was an updated source for the .csv file  Which I think Peter M0NWI mentioned using radioid.net.  I will need to investigate.

from dmrlink.cfg and hblink.cfg

Jon
K1IMD

On 6/1/2018 4:41 PM, Cort N0MJS wrote:
master branch code for dmrlink.py hasn’t been changed for 9 months. IPSC_Bridge hasn’t been changed for a year and both read the same. I might suggest that was a local change you have there, and not a repo issue. The magic of version control!

(starting line 106):

result = try_download(_config['ALIASES']['PATH'], _config['ALIASES']['PEER_FILE'], _config['ALIASES']['PEER_URL'], _config['ALIASES']['STALE_TIME'])
        _logger.info(result)
        result = try_download(_config['ALIASES']['PATH'], _config['ALIASES']['SUBSCRIBER_FILE'], _config['ALIASES']['SUBSCRIBER_URL'], _config['ALIASES']['STALE_TIME'])
        _logger.info(result)

…snip

# ID ALIAS CREATION
# Download

Jon
K1IMD

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

These lines do not exist in dmrlink.py in the repos.

––––––>>>>>>>> #   if _config['ALIASES']['TRY_DOWNLOAD'] == True: # Disabled because DMR-MARC Servers NG
––––––>>>>>>>>    if _config['ALIASES']['TRY_DOWNLOAD'] == False:

I respectfully suggest you might still have a problem after you add:

to the config file ALIASES stanza… Unless of course you want to download files if you have the “TRY_DOWNLOAD” flag set to False and NOT download them if “TRY_DOWNLOAD” is true.

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Jon K1IMD <jon@...>

Yep... Understood....

I modified dmrlink.py and will edit/correct the changes!

Jon
K1IMD

On 6/1/2018 5:25 PM, Cort N0MJS wrote:
These lines do not exist in dmrlink.py in the repos.

––––––>>>>>>>> #   if _config['ALIASES']['TRY_DOWNLOAD'] == True: # Disabled because DMR-MARC Servers NG
––––––>>>>>>>>    if _config['ALIASES']['TRY_DOWNLOAD'] == False:

I respectfully suggest you might still have a problem after you add:

to the config file ALIASES stanza… Unless of course you want to download files if you have the “TRY_DOWNLOAD” flag set to False and NOT download them if “TRY_DOWNLOAD” is true.

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Steve N4IRS

The scripts installed by dvswitch-base do not download from DMR-MARC. There are at least 3 sources of subscriber data and 2 sources of repeater data. We will look at the possibility of a primary and a secondary DL so that we always have the best data. And of course, as soon as we do, it will change.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 06/01/2018 05:12 PM, Jon K1IMD wrote:
Hi Cort,
This is what I have... in a running copy...
# ID ALIAS CREATION
# Download
#   if _config['ALIASES']['TRY_DOWNLOAD'] == True: # Disabled because DMR-MARC Servers NG
        # Try updating peer aliases file
        result = try_download(_config['ALIASES']['PATH'], _config['ALIASES']['PEER_FILE'], _config['ALIASES']['PEER_URL'], _config['ALIASES']['STALE_TIME'])
        _logger.info(result)
        # Try updating subscriber aliases file
        result = try_download(_config['ALIASES']['PATH'], _config['ALIASES']['SUBSCRIBER_FILE'], _config['ALIASES']['SUBSCRIBER_URL'], _config['ALIASES']['STALE_TIME'])
        _logger.info(result)

Really the question was an updated source for the .csv file  Which I think Peter M0NWI mentioned using radioid.net.  I will need to investigate.

from dmrlink.cfg and hblink.cfg

Jon
K1IMD

On 6/1/2018 4:41 PM, Cort N0MJS wrote:

(starting line 106):

_logger.info(result)
        _logger.info(result)

…snip

# ID ALIAS CREATION
# Download

Jon
K1IMD

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206