HBmonitor setup/Debian Stretch x86_64

Stephen Brown - K1LNX

Hi guys,
    Trying to setup HBmonitor (https://github.com/n0mjs710/HBmonitor) to play with, and while I think I've satisfied most of the dependencies through apt-get installing packages as needed, it still fails to start, it can not import select_autoescape from jinja2:

root@roipsrv-d:/opt/HBmonitor# ./web_tables.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./web_tables.py", line 47, in <module>
    from jinja2 import Environment, PackageLoader, select_autoescape
ImportError: cannot import name select_autoescape

I could continue beating on it, but didn't want to get into pip install hell. Is there a set of instructions to get this up and running under Debian 9 x86_64?

tnx and 73
Stephen
K1LNX

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Answer for Stephen, but something I really want everyone to take note of:

(warning: you’re not going to like this)

I consider DMRmonitor and HBmonitor very poorly written, unstable, and they are, as they stand, completely unsupported. I have a lot of work to do on both of them, changes I will likely make, frequently, would render any kind of install guide useless.

I’m giving this warning because I also don’t want anyone in the community taking time to write a guide, or a scripted installer only to be frustrated with me next week because it’s broken. Please read and understand this – any effort you put in could be almost immediately broken.

I am not, and have no desire to be a web programmer. This is where I draw the line that others need to contribute to the project. I have a few ground rules for anyone looking to do the web application stuff for monitor software:

1) the overhead to the packet-processing modules needs to be absolutely minimal.
2) web sockets. It’s 2018, we really shouldn’t be long-polling, etc.

Anyone who wants to take on the job of making REAL web-based monitoring/stats systems is welcome to do so. Get with me offline about what you need the packet-processing applications to export and how.

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501

Stephen Brown - K1LNX

Understood, thanks Cort. I'll continue to follow development and re-visit it at a later time.

73
Stephen
K1LNX