WiFi disabled in startup image

mothesmith@...

Today was the day to start the configuration process for bringing up a node to transit to and from DMR.  Regardless of which Raspberry PI I used, and after multiple SD card imaging I could not get the system to perform an update or upgrade using the wireless network. The initial image does as expected when the PI is connected directly to the router. After ruling out hardware issues. I concluded that the startup image simply could not connect wirelessly.  It was at this point that I discovered a statement in the boot process to the effect that 'WiFi is disabled unless a county code is present.'  So, am I on the right track? Does this statement mean anything at all? Does the system only reliably function when attached directly to the router? If not, what suggestions might there be for getting the system to function wirelessly?

Thank you,
Larry Moyer, K5IMO

Steve N4IRS

Larry,
as root, run raspi-config select Localisation Options, then select Change Wi-fi Country.

73, Steve N4IRS