Shameless Request


Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
 

Guys,

Here’s the deal. In addition to writing this software, I also try to run a fistful of repeaters in Northeast and Northcentral Kansas. That stuff competes with hblink/dmrlink development – and usually wins. It’s production repeaters people rely on. Seems to always get in front of adding features, etc.

Some of you may have RF hardware resources that I don’t have, and I’m thinking, maybe there’s a way to free up more time. I’m looking for (good working order) UHF PAs from EF Johnson CR series repeaters, or similar. Stuff that takes a few watts in (5-10, typically) and makes 75-100w out. If anyone would like to donate or sell cheap as a “thank you”, I’d be both grateful and have more time to work on code. Likewise if there’s anyone who has experience re-building these amps and the tools/documentation, etc. to do it, you might also volunteer to rebuild an amp. I don’t really have the tools (enough heat, stockpile of the chip capacitors, etc.) to do this right, and it takes me forever to get anywhere.

Ok, yes, I just pretty much begged for UHF PAs.. but I though, what the hell? Maybe someone’s sitting on a lifetime supply out there :)

0x49 DE N0MJS

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206


Peter M0NWI
 

Hi Cort,


Don't have any of the kit sorry, and it might be difficult to get it across the pond!


BUT!  If you've got a PayPal, I'm happy to chip in a few bucks if that's of use, for all the help you've given me personally, my repeater group, and the hobby over the years!!


73,

Peter



From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs@...>
Sent: 11 July 2018 16:52
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: [DVSwitch] Shameless Request
 
Guys,

Here’s the deal. In addition to writing this software, I also try to run a fistful of repeaters in Northeast and Northcentral Kansas. That stuff competes with hblink/dmrlink development – and usually wins. It’s production repeaters people rely on. Seems to always get in front of adding features, etc.

Some of you may have RF hardware resources that I don’t have, and I’m thinking, maybe there’s a way to free up more time. I’m looking for (good working order) UHF PAs from EF Johnson CR series repeaters, or similar. Stuff that takes a few watts in (5-10, typically) and makes 75-100w out. If anyone would like to donate or sell cheap as a “thank you”, I’d be both grateful and have more time to work on code. Likewise if there’s anyone who has experience re-building these amps and the tools/documentation, etc. to do it, you might also volunteer to rebuild an amp. I don’t really have the tools (enough heat, stockpile of the chip capacitors, etc.) to do this right, and it takes me forever to get anywhere.

Ok, yes, I just pretty much begged for UHF PAs.. but I though, what the hell? Maybe someone’s sitting on a lifetime supply out there :)

0x49 DE N0MJS

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206









Jon K1IMD
 

Cort,
I don't have any GE/Johnson/Moto PA's BUT I do have a couple complete 100w MSF5000 UHF repeaters tuned up on the ham band... the price is right but the shipping would be insane!  You or Gavin coming east soon?  I'll hook you up...
73
Jon
K1iMD


Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
 

Oh hell – yes, it would be less expensive to just buy one than to ship one of those monsters – Peter, you’re off the hook for now, but someday I’ll need some trinket you have that weighs less!

On Jul 11, 2018, at 11:01 AM, Peter M0NWI <peter-martin@...> wrote:

Hi Cort,

Don't have any of the kit sorry, and it might be difficult to get it across the pond!

BUT!  If you've got a PayPal, I'm happy to chip in a few bucks if that's of use, for all the help you've given me personally, my repeater group, and the hobby over the years!!

73,
Peter


From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs@...>
Sent: 11 July 2018 16:52
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: [DVSwitch] Shameless Request
 
Guys,

Here’s the deal. In addition to writing this software, I also try to run a fistful of repeaters in Northeast and Northcentral Kansas. That stuff competes with hblink/dmrlink development – and usually wins. It’s production repeaters people rely on. Seems to always get in front of adding features, etc.

Some of you may have RF hardware resources that I don’t have, and I’m thinking, maybe there’s a way to free up more time. I’m looking for (good working order) UHF PAs from EF Johnson CR series repeaters, or similar. Stuff that takes a few watts in (5-10, typically) and makes 75-100w out. If anyone would like to donate or sell cheap as a “thank you”, I’d be both grateful and have more time to work on code. Likewise if there’s anyone who has experience re-building these amps and the tools/documentation, etc. to do it, you might also volunteer to rebuild an amp. I don’t really have the tools (enough heat, stockpile of the chip capacitors, etc.) to do this right, and it takes me forever to get anywhere.

Ok, yes, I just pretty much begged for UHF PAs.. but I though, what the hell? Maybe someone’s sitting on a lifetime supply out there :)

0x49 DE N0MJS

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206









--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206






Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
 

I’ll take the PAs and you can junk the rest :)

On Jul 11, 2018, at 11:38 AM, Jon K1IMD <lists@...> wrote:

Cort,
I don't have any GE/Johnson/Moto PA's BUT I do have a couple complete 100w MSF5000 UHF repeaters tuned up on the ham band... the price is right but the shipping would be insane!  You or Gavin coming east soon?  I'll hook you up...
73
Jon
K1iMD

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206






Steve N4IRS
 

DO NOT junk the HSOs I'll take them.

Steve

On 7/11/2018 3:27 PM, Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io wrote:
I’ll take the PAs and you can junk the rest :)

On Jul 11, 2018, at 11:38 AM, Jon K1IMD <lists@...> wrote:

Cort,
I don't have any GE/Johnson/Moto PA's BUT I do have a couple complete 100w MSF5000 UHF repeaters tuned up on the ham band... the price is right but the shipping would be insane!  You or Gavin coming east soon?  I'll hook you up...
73
Jon
K1iMD

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206