not connecting to Brandmeister still

mark rosenberg

For some reason it is not showing up under myhotspots in Brandmeister.

I tried running ./MMDVM_Bridge MMDVM_Bridge.ini  per page 10 of the how to.  I got "unable to run log file" or something close to that so I did not get the feedback of "Logged into the master successfully" per page 11 of the howto.

I am running this on the vultr cloud server.  Anyone have an idea?

thanks

Mark

Steve N4IRS

Can I ssh in?

Steve N4IRS

On 7/18/2018 2:26 PM, mark rosenberg wrote:

For some reason it is not showing up under myhotspots in Brandmeister.

I tried running ./MMDVM_Bridge MMDVM_Bridge.ini  per page 10 of the how to.  I got "unable to run log file" or something close to that so I did not get the feedback of "Logged into the master successfully" per page 11 of the howto.

I am running this on the vultr cloud server.  Anyone have an idea?

thanks

Mark

mark rosenberg

sure.  btw...I just ran the foreground status of the mmdvm bridge....like this.... sudo ./ MMDVM_Bridge MMDVM_Bridge.ini  and i am attaching a pic of the results...error 13...see attached.

Please send me an email to my 4x1ks.mark@...
address so I can set you up to SSH.  Tell me what you need to get in.

Steve N4IRS

Show us your MMDVM_Bridge.ini

On 7/18/2018 3:05 PM, mark rosenberg wrote:
sure.  btw...I just ran the foreground status of the mmdvm bridge....like this.... sudo ./ MMDVM_Bridge MMDVM_Bridge.ini  and i am attaching a pic of the results...error 13...see attached.

Please send me an email to my 4x1ks.mark@...
address so I can set you up to SSH.  Tell me what you need to get in.

mark rosenberg

See attached pics

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 22:20 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Show us your MMDVM_Bridge.ini

On 7/18/2018 3:05 PM, mark rosenberg wrote:
sure.  btw...I just ran the foreground status of the mmdvm bridge....like this.... sudo ./ MMDVM_Bridge MMDVM_Bridge.ini  and i am attaching a pic of the results...error 13...see attached.

Please send me an email to my 4x1ks.mark@...
address so I can set you up to SSH.  Tell me what you need to get in.

Steve N4IRS

Take out the comments. They will cause problems. What is 4251.repeater.net?
To be honest, trying to work from a picture is a pain. Please post the actual file.

On 7/18/2018 3:25 PM, mark rosenberg wrote:
See attached pics

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 22:20 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Show us your MMDVM_Bridge.ini

On 7/18/2018 3:05 PM, mark rosenberg wrote:
sure.  btw...I just ran the foreground status of the mmdvm bridge....like this.... sudo ./ MMDVM_Bridge MMDVM_Bridge.ini  and i am attaching a pic of the results...error 13...see attached.

Please send me an email to my 4x1ks.mark@...
address so I can set you up to SSH.  Tell me what you need to get in.

mark rosenberg

4251 is the israel brandmeister master.

I am running this on a vurtl cloud so i use sudo to preface commands...not sure how to print or download the .ini file

I am happy to send you the file but need instructions on how to copy it from the cloud.

I can use any server...i have used 2042 in the past...that is amsterdam...but our 4251 master is pretty good

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 22:32 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Take out the comments. They will cause problems. What is 4251.repeater.net?
To be honest, trying to work from a picture is a pain. Please post the actual file.

On 7/18/2018 3:25 PM, mark rosenberg wrote:
See attached pics

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 22:20 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Show us your MMDVM_Bridge.ini

On 7/18/2018 3:05 PM, mark rosenberg wrote:
sure.  btw...I just ran the foreground status of the mmdvm bridge....like this.... sudo ./ MMDVM_Bridge MMDVM_Bridge.ini  and i am attaching a pic of the results...error 13...see attached.

Please send me an email to my 4x1ks.mark@...
address so I can set you up to SSH.  Tell me what you need to get in.

Steve N4IRS

Are you sure it's .repeater.net?

On 7/18/2018 3:36 PM, mark rosenberg wrote:
[...]

No not sure...i can try removing that...

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 22:38 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

You need to know the address or FQDN of you master.

On 7/18/2018 3:40 PM, mark rosenberg wrote:
[...]

e.g.   4251  or   4251.repeater.net  ?

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 22:41 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

repeater.net is owned by me and only used on the USA BM Masters.

Corey  N3FE

On 7/18/2018 3:43 PM, mark rosenberg wrote:
[...]

How about 109.226.57.187

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 3:43 PM, mark rosenberg <4x1ks.mark@...> wrote:
[...]

I tried 4251  and   brandmeister-il.ddns.net

still getting the error  "cannot find address for host brandmeister-il.ddns.net"

If you have time for Teamviewer or some other way to get in to look at the files then let me know...I am usually near the computer.

73

Mark

Steve N4IRS

Mark,
Here is what I suggest:
Test with hblink.dvswitch.org That will tell you if you have your config correct.
I would think, and I can't speak for the US BM admins, You could run a quick test of connectivity to 3108.

Did you look at the wiki page I sent?

Steve

On 07/18/2018 05:24 PM, mark rosenberg wrote:
I tried 4251  and   brandmeister-il.ddns.net

still getting the error  "cannot find address for host brandmeister-il.ddns.net"

If you have time for Teamviewer or some other way to get in to look at the files then let me know...I am usually near the computer.

73

Mark

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

I sent you the ip for it in an earlier email!  Did you try it?

On Jul 18, 2018, at 5:24 PM, mark rosenberg <4x1ks.mark@...> wrote:

I tried 4251  and   brandmeister-il.ddns.net

still getting the error  "cannot find address for host brandmeister-il.ddns.net"

If you have time for Teamviewer or some other way to get in to look at the files then let me know...I am usually near the computer.

73

Mark

mark rosenberg

I logged my rfshark openspot out of dmr and i was able to see the virtual mode on the brandmeister website ok.. i will try to finish it tomorrow...it's 0100 here...gn and thanks!