HBlink "socket_address" Branch

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

I NEED TESTERS FOR THE “socket_address” BRANCH OF HBLINK

This is only applicable to those using hblink.py by itself, hb_confbridge.py and hb_bridge_all.py. I also ask that testers be folks who can successfully set up these programs on their own without help – that is to say, those of you who have UNIX cli, can generally read python error messages, and understand what I need to diagnose an errors.

I would like this branch to merge to the master BEFORE the next steps, because up to this point, I’ve mad a number of changes that make HBlink better, but does not yet change peer validation to use socket address instead of DMR ID.

I probably pushed way too many changes before more testing. The fact of the matter is, I now have way too much going on here to maintain a comprehensive test environment. I will need your help to run this as DevOps in order to catch issues. If you find a bug and can offer a fix, but are not comfortable using GitHub, please just send me before/after snippets with line numbers.

Please let me know if you’re going to test so I have some idea who’s brave enough to ride along. Also, this message is cross-posted to both the main and hblink sub-groups in DVSWitch. Let’s keep the discussion related to this on the HBlink sub-group to keep the noise down here.

FROM THE COMMIT MESSAGE:

0) CONFIGURATION FILES WILL NEED UPDATED TO CHANGE NAMING
CONFIGURATIONS!

1) Updated use of socket address instead of discrete IP/port. This will
be needed for socket address based validation and is faster… duh…
should have done this in the beginning.

2) Changed all references to “clients” as HBP systems to “peers”. This
sets the stage for having a peer_id and an originator_id for DMRD
packets.

3) Found and squashed a number of other random bugs, including the
registration ACL not working in confbridge or bridge_all.

4) router is now retired. confbridge is the future.

0x49 DE N0MJS

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Peter M0NWI

Hi Cort,

I've a non mission critical HBLink instance connected to a few hotspots and a repeater, which I bridge into my DMRLink confbridge over IPSCBridge, I'm sure I could give the new version a try?

Where do I grab the files from?

73,

Peter

[...]

GitHub, “socket_address” branch.

On Aug 8, 2018, at 3:36 AM, Peter M0NWI <peter-martin@...> wrote:

[...]

Jose - EA5SW

The Client part don't work at this time, only the master right ??

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

both sides were intended to, so if there are errors, I need the full traceback output and configuration files. I’ve been able to let them  register both ways, keep state, but extremely limited traffic through the apps above HBlink.py itself – which is where the VAST majority fo the updates were.

On Aug 8, 2018, at 5:24 PM, Joe <ea5sw@...> wrote:

The Client part don't work at this time, only the master right ??

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

JJ Cummings

Court as long as it supports the different config files that I sent the pull for a while back I’ll test it.

Sent from the iRoad

On Aug 8, 2018, at 18:12, Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs@...> wrote:

both sides were intended to, so if there are errors, I need the full traceback output and configuration files. I’ve been able to let them  register both ways, keep state, but extremely limited traffic through the apps above HBlink.py itself – which is where the VAST majority fo the updates were.

On Aug 8, 2018, at 5:24 PM, Joe <ea5sw@...> wrote:

The Client part don't work at this time, only the master right ??

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

merge #15 on July 29, 2018.

I always fork from the current master branch.

On Aug 8, 2018, at 7:07 PM, JJ Cummings <cummingsj@...> wrote:

Court as long as it supports the different config files that I sent the pull for a while back I’ll test it.

Sent from the iRoad

On Aug 8, 2018, at 18:12, Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs@...> wrote:

both sides were intended to, so if there are errors, I need the full traceback output and configuration files. I’ve been able to let them  register both ways, keep state, but extremely limited traffic through the apps above HBlink.py itself – which is where the VAST majority fo the updates were.

On Aug 8, 2018, at 5:24 PM, Joe <ea5sw@...> wrote:

The Client part don't work at this time, only the master right ??

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Jose - EA5SW

Tested the sockek branch:

hb_link runs OK for me. Connects to some systems, as peer and some peers connect to masters.
hb_confbridge links also all at the moment OK
hb_parrot don't work as master.. some errors, I tried to figure to change the config but no luck.

To be continued...

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

socket_address branch was merged into the master long ago.