dahdi/pseudo problem

Ken KE2N

My DVSwitch Debian install had the asterisk module become non-functional a few days ago.  It includes a pseudo node and seems to have a problem with dahdi.  I restart I get this message

[Aug 31 12:29:40] WARNING[2002] chan_dahdi.c: Unable to open '/dev/dahdi/pseudo': No such file or directory
[Aug 31 12:29:40] ERROR[2002] chan_dahdi.c: Unable to dup channel: No such file or directory
[Aug 31 12:29:42] ERROR[1975] app_rpt.c: Continual RPT thread restarts, killing Asterisk

I have seen this kind of thing before and it had to do with an upgrade to the OS (which I am not aware of doing in this case)

anyway it seems I have kernel 4.9.0-6
~  uname -a
Linux xlxref 4.9.0-6-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.88-1+deb9u1 

and if I look in 
/lib/modules/4.9.0-6-amd64/dahdi
I see directories but no modules (or files!)

I do have *.ko modules in 
/lib/modules/4.9.0-7-amd64/dahdi   and
/lib/modules/4.9.0-8-amd64/dahdi

so what is the correct way to fix this?

Ken

Steve N4IRS

Ken,
As root or sudo-s:
dpkg-reconfigure asl-dahdi-linux-dkms

I am mobile so I'm kinda working off the top of my head.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Ken KE2N via Groups.Io <ke2n@...>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 12:39:57 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: [DVSwitch] dahdi/pseudo problem

My DVSwitch Debian install had the asterisk module become non-functional a few days ago.  It includes a pseudo node and seems to have a problem with dahdi.  I restart I get this message

[Aug 31 12:29:40] WARNING[2002] chan_dahdi.c: Unable to open '/dev/dahdi/pseudo': No such file or directory
[Aug 31 12:29:40] ERROR[2002] chan_dahdi.c: Unable to dup channel: No such file or directory
[Aug 31 12:29:42] ERROR[1975] app_rpt.c: Continual RPT thread restarts, killing Asterisk

I have seen this kind of thing before and it had to do with an upgrade to the OS (which I am not aware of doing in this case)

~  uname -a

and if I look in 

Ken

Ken KE2N

Thanks Steve!

That got things going again.  I see it put modules in the empty directories.

I found that apt is configured to do some automatic upgrading (apparently by default)

APT::Periodic::Unattended-Upgrade "1";

So I changed the “1” to a “0” not sure if I need a reboot for that to take effect.

Ken

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io [mailto:main@DVSwitch.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve N4IRS
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 12:51 PM
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] dahdi/pseudo problem

Ken,

As root or sudo-s:

dpkg-reconfigure asl-dahdi-linux-dkms

I am mobile so I'm kinda working off the top of my head.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Ken KE2N via Groups.Io <ke2n@...>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 12:39:57 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: [DVSwitch] dahdi/pseudo problem

~  uname -a

and if I look in 

Ken

Chuck Kraly K0XM <ckraly@...>

Why are we subject to seeing this? You off your meds again?

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 6:39 AM, Ty - KG5RKI <tydweaver@...> wrote:
Told ya ;) I forget how I fixed this issue but I think it was just a file named wrong somewhere..

Steve N4IRS

I removed the message and remove Ty. If he had been trying to help, he would not have posted the Telegram crap. dpkg-reconfigure resolves the issue.

Steve

On 9/7/2018 7:58 AM, Chuck Kraly K0XM wrote:
Why are we subject to seeing this? You off your meds again?

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 6:39 AM, Ty - KG5RKI <tydweaver@...> wrote:
Told ya ;) I forget how I fixed this issue but I think it was just a file named wrong somewhere..

Meinke, Rich

I really had no idea this is the kind of abuse software developers have to deal with. There are always those that choose to criticize rather than contribute, but its rather mind boggling the demands some think they have a right to enforce. I personally dont have the ability to do what you and N4IRR ( as well as a multitude) of others do. I for one wanna thank you guys. It know its a labor of love , for the hobby, and its work.....

Thanks!
Rich /KU9R

Marco IW0RED

Hi, I have the same problem but after dpkg-reconfigure I get this:
Loading new asl-dahdi-linux-2.11.1 DKMS files...
First Installation: checking all kernels...
Building only for 4.1.6-voyage
Building for architecture i386
Module build for the currently running kernel was skipped since the
kernel source for this kernel does not seem to be installed.

I checked:
root@panelpc:~# dpkg --list | egrep -i --color 'linux-image|linux-headers'
ii  linux-headers-4.1.6-voyage   17.2-1                           i386         Header files related to Linux kernel, specifically,
ii  linux-image-4.1.6-voyage     17.2-1                           i386         Linux kernel binary image for version 4.1.6-voyage

What's wrong?

73 Marco IW0RED