From: Manos Darkadakis <sv1iw@...>
Date: 9/11/18 9:06 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: [DVSwitch] DR1X latest firmware

Hi all
I believe there are some people on the list using DR1X for DMR. Has anyone use the latest firmware which is V1.10Q  EXP  Β1 ?
Please let me know what you use and how it performs if possible.
Thank you in advance....
73 Manos SV1IW

If you have a working firmware for your non-Fusion application on a DR-1X, I would not change it.  With the release of the DR-2X, Yaesu is actively defeating any digital modem/protocol (D-STAR, DMR, ...) from working through the accessory port (MMDVM, etc.) -- I don't have visibility on the DR-1XE FR generation firmware, but it would not surprise me if they are also taking steps to thwart other digital modes there as well.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 7:57 AM David KG5RDF <David@...> wrote:
If you are referring to Yaesu DR-1XE FR. Then 1.2.1 is the latest version and is not available for download. Should of been loaded when you received the unit.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

--

John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA

Manos Darkadakis

Thank you for the answers both David and John. The repeater is DR1X, not XE FR and the firmware is the latest according to Yaesu U.K. I have no reason to believe otherwise. I tent to believe that it is the case John says, they have taken actions against using it for other modes. All references that I am aware of have been done successfully to older firmware versions.
The system works but rx is unstable for no reason, even when there is no signal received the receiver output amplitude is up and down, not much but enough to disturb the ber when it receives a valid dmr signal. I will do a last try to see if I can get a better signal before the accessory port. If not I have a pair of Motorola radios ready to go.
Thanks again everyone
Manos SV1IW