Newbie Problem

K4VL

I have my Allstar node setup with everything and can hear myself great on hoseline. My problem is that when someone tries to connect to me on DMR I get a kerchunk and no audio. When I monitor hoseline I hear garbled audio. Any ideas what I have done wrong? I tried changing the talk group number and got the same thing.

Mike KB8JNM

Check / follow your port numbers for error.
Most likely the issue. A mismatch somewhere.
Take your time and think it through. stage by stage.

...mike/kb8jnm

On 10/16/2018 10:15 PM, AA4II wrote:
I have my Allstar node setup with everything and can hear myself great on hoseline. My problem is that when someone tries to connect to me on DMR I get a kerchunk and no audio. When I monitor hoseline I hear garbled audio. Any ideas what I have done wrong? I tried changing the talk group number and got the same thing.

Jeff Carrier

Oddly enough we (K0JSC & K1DDN) just worked you on 40 meters!  Not that it's related to the issue at hand.  When you listen to hoseline which audio is garbled?  Audio incoming or outgoing audio?

de K0JSC

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 8:22 PM AA4II <aa4ii@...> wrote:
I have my Allstar node setup with everything and can hear myself great on hoseline. My problem is that when someone tries to connect to me on DMR I get a kerchunk and no audio. When I monitor hoseline I hear garbled audio. Any ideas what I have done wrong? I tried changing the talk group number and got the same thing.

K4VL

Haha I realized I worked Ham Nation royalty after the fact. The audio from the DMR user is garbled.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018, 9:48 PM Jeff Carrier <k0jsc.jeff@...> wrote:
Oddly enough we (K0JSC & K1DDN) just worked you on 40 meters!  Not that it's related to the issue at hand.  When you listen to hoseline which audio is garbled?  Audio incoming or outgoing audio?

de K0JSC

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 8:22 PM AA4II <aa4ii@...> wrote:
I have my Allstar node setup with everything and can hear myself great on hoseline. My problem is that when someone tries to connect to me on DMR I get a kerchunk and no audio. When I monitor hoseline I hear garbled audio. Any ideas what I have done wrong? I tried changing the talk group number and got the same thing.

Steve N4IRS

It would be nice to know what hardware / software you are running. RPi? VM? Emulator? DV3000?

Check this in Analog_Bridge.ini

USRP]
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
agcGain = 1.0
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = 1.0

If you need to adjust the DMR -> ASL audio, change:
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN

agcGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as unity

agcGain = 2.0
This should be twice as loud as unity

agcGain = 0.5
This should be half as loud as unity

If you need to adjust the ASL -> DMR audio, change:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN

dmrGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as unity

dmrGain = 2.0
This should be twice as loud as unity

dmrGain = 0.5
This should be half as loud as unity

Steve N4IRS

On 10/16/2018 10:15 PM, AA4II wrote:
I have my Allstar node setup with everything and can hear myself great on hoseline. My problem is that when someone tries to connect to me on DMR I get a kerchunk and no audio. When I monitor hoseline I hear garbled audio. Any ideas what I have done wrong? I tried changing the talk group number and got the same thing.

K4VL

That is a valid point. I should have provided more information. I have ALS running on a PC along with DMR_ Bridge, MMDVM_Bridge, and MD380emu.

My settings are

USRP]
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
agcGain = 5
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = .3

I tried changing to AUDIO_UNITY and that made no difference.

Thanks
AA4II

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018, 4:45 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

Jeff Wood

Edited

Sounds like your Audio is TOOOO HOT...

My settings are below and work great...
**************************************
USRP]
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
agcGain = -5
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = 0.2

*************************************

agcGain is MINUS five
dmrGain is zero point two

K4VL

After looking closer it is -5 (remoting in not the best)

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018, 7:49 AM <jeff@...> wrote:
Sounds like your Audio is TOOOO HOT...

My settings are below and work great...
**************************************
USRP]
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
agcGain = -5
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = 0.2

*************************************

agcGain is MINUS five
dmrGain is aero point two

Jeff Wood

Try adding this setting

USRP]
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
agcGain = -5
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = 0.2      <-------------------------- ZERO POINT TWO

Steve N4IRS

"I have my Allstar node setup with everything and can hear myself great on hoseline. My problem is that when someone tries to connect to me on DMR I get a kerchunk and no audio. When I monitor hoseline I hear garbled audio. Any ideas what I have done wrong? I tried changing the talk group number and got the same thing. "

I read this as the following:
"can hear myself great on hoseline" This means to me ASL -> DMR is working fine. Encode is working.
"My problem is that when someone tries to connect to me on DMR I get a kerchunk and no audio." May be audio level of DMR -> ASL . May be a decode problem.
"When I monitor hoseline I hear garbled audio." Who is transmitting (ASL or DMR) when you hear garbled audio on hoseline?

Things to check / report:
Analog_Bridge.ini
[GENERAL]
logLevel = 2                                                  ; Show messages and above 0=No logging, 1=Debug, 2=Message, 3=Info, 4=Warning, 5=Error, 6=Fatal

decoderFallBack = true                              ; Allow software AMBE decoding if a hardware decoder is not found
useEmulator = true                                    ; Use the MD380 AMBE emulator
emulatorAddress = 127.0.0.1:2470        ; IP address and port of the server

If useEmulator is not set true (and you are using decoderFallBack) thne you are using the built in OP25 Vocoder in Analog_Bridge, not the emulator.

If possible, please post the log output of Analog_Bridge when you are receiving DMR from BM.

Steve N4IRS

On 10/17/2018 8:33 AM, AA4II wrote:
[...]

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

I would like to take this a little off topic and am going to put on my BM admin hat for this...

Please don't just pick a talkgroup and start using it.  In the last two days I have blocked 5 allstar/dmr cross bridges because they are just using whatever talkgroup they wish.  Three of them decided they would use talk groups in other countries and not in the US and had 2 complaints from other admins in other countries about this.  The other two were people that chose to use talkgroups that were either assigned to someone else or was just getting issued and hadn't been labeled yet.  If you need a talkgroup then request them just like everyone else.  You will be put through a 60 day trial period.

PLEASE use your personal DMR ID or a repeater ID you own as a talkgroup!!!

Corey  N3FE

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 8:59 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

The garbled audio comes from the DMR user. I have had users from other areas try. (England and 30 miles away). The settings you had me look at are the same as advised. I adjusted the gain to .2 Is it possible for you to put my talkgroup in your code plug and try it? My talk group is 310286.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 7:59 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

I don't think this is off topic at all, though Corey is you would create a new topic on this subject, I'll make it sticky. We need to stress this.

Steve

On 10/17/2018 9:08 AM, Corey Dean N3FE wrote:
[...]

IF the DMR audio is garbled on both your ASL and by listening on hoseline then you won't fix it in software.  That is either a problem with your connection to the master or the other users on the dmr side.

Corey  N3FE

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 9:10 AM AA4II <aa4ii@...> wrote:
[...]

Are you saying that someone remote on DMR (not through the bridge) sounds garbled on hoseline?

On 10/17/2018 9:09 AM, AA4II wrote:
[...]

right now Brandmeister shows I am not connected and I get an error message when I try to add my talk group. A pop up says Error 500

[...]

I am using repeater ID 310286 which is registered to me.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 8:07 AM Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...> wrote:
[...]

Correct it is node making it to me. The only thing that I get on my end is my repeater keys and unkeys. On hoseline I hear them garbled.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 8:13 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

Yes I see that.  I just verified that as well as your account creation on 10/10/18.

What master are you connected to that you are having a problem?

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 9:19 AM AA4II <aa4ii@...> wrote:
[...]

Sorry I am new at this and don't understand your question. I have it set to go through Atlanta 3108 if that is what you mean.