From: va3czk@...
Date: 11/9/18 10:06 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: [DVSwitch] DMR -> P25 issue

Does anyone else experiencing an issue with the transcoding from P25 to DMR ?

Not sure what have changed but since yesterday DMR ↔ P25 on our bridge is acting up. P25 -> DMR works well, however DMR ->25 is not getting through the digital squelch on the radio. When I manually open the squelch/monitor I can hear everything fine. (P25 to P25 on same TG is working fine)
The bridge has been working seamlessly ever since it was set up several months ago.

Thanks Jerry va3czk

David Griffith NZ6D

PS.. I am in Albuquerque New Mexico now so I don't really have access. Helping my Dad....

Does anyone else experiencing an issue with the transcoding from P25 to DMR ?

Not sure what have changed but since yesterday DMR ↔ P25 on our bridge is acting up. P25 -> DMR works well, however DMR ->25 is not getting through the digital squelch on the radio. When I manually open the squelch/monitor I can hear everything fine. (P25 to P25 on same TG is working fine)
The bridge has been working seamlessly ever since it was set up several months ago.

Thanks Jerry va3czk

David Griffith NZ6D

Sorry guys. Didn't look at the recipient's...

PS.. I am in Albuquerque New Mexico now so I don't really have access. Helping my Dad....

Does anyone else experiencing an issue with the transcoding from P25 to DMR ?

Not sure what have changed but since yesterday DMR ↔ P25 on our bridge is acting up. P25 -> DMR works well, however DMR ->25 is not getting through the digital squelch on the radio. When I manually open the squelch/monitor I can hear everything fine. (P25 to P25 on same TG is working fine)
The bridge has been working seamlessly ever since it was set up several months ago.

Thanks Jerry va3czk

va3czk@...

FYI.

This issue is resolved now after last night Pi Star update.

73' va3czk

Steve N4IRS

So,
here is a little more information about what is/was going on.
On October 4 a change to MMDVMHost was pushed to github. The change effected P25. https://github.com/g4klx/MMDVMHost/commit/85bc8357aa1967d692901addd6ebefd89a8f32f6
When Andy at Pi-Star updated the binaries for Pi-Star, he rolled in the changes. Those changes broke P25 RF. When the problem was reported to Pi-Star, Andy reverted to a older version of MMDVMHost.
Here is his announcement: https://forum.pistar.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&p=4003&sid=ffb1861eab2e15bd078550a906388b6b#p4003

If you are running Pi-Star, updating should fix the issue. If you compile your own MMDVMHost, revert to the above commit.

73, Steve N4IRS

andrew (callsign)

So,
here is a little more information about what is/was going on.
On October 4 a change to MMDVMHost was pushed to github. The change effected P25. https://github.com/g4klx/MMDVMHost/commit/85bc8357aa1967d692901addd6ebefd89a8f32f6
When Andy at Pi-Star updated the binaries for Pi-Star, he rolled in the changes. Those changes broke P25 RF. When the problem was reported to Pi-Star, Andy reverted to a older version of MMDVMHost.
Here is his announcement: https://forum.pistar.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&p=4003&sid=ffb1861eab2e15bd078550a906388b6b#p4003

If you are running Pi-Star, updating should fix the issue. If you compile your own MMDVMHost, revert to the above commit.

A little more, more information...
Actually, we never reverted back to the older version.
We rewrote the broken P25 part of MMDVM host and pushed that out
through the pistar updates, then offered the changes up to MMDVM
and made Jon aware of the problem. 😀
Regards A.

Steve N4IRS

Andy,