XLX 2 XLX Connection

david bencini ik5xmk

Hello, sorry if I'm possibly mistaken group. Can you tell me the procedure to activate, if possible, a connection (I suppose using MMDVM_Bridge) between two XLX (example module B) but using a native DSTAR protocol, such as DEXTRA or DCS? The comparison is with the old XRF which for many reasons is no longer advisable to use it.

Thank you, 73
David IK5XMK

Florian Wolters

Hi David,

why don't you use the built-in XLX interlink protocol?

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Am 15.11.18 um 17:32 schrieb david bencini ik5xmk:

Hello, sorry if I'm possibly mistaken group. Can you tell me the
procedure to activate, if possible, a connection (I suppose using
MMDVM_Bridge) between two XLX (example module B) but using a native
DSTAR protocol, such as DEXTRA or DCS? The comparison is with the old
XRF which for many reasons is no longer advisable to use it.

Thank you, 73
David IK5XMK

david bencini ik5xmk

Hi,  because one XLX has hardware for transcode but one of they has not. It is a big problem when you have more XLXs. For this reason i need an ONLY dstar connection. Luc doesn't want to patch this ...
Any idea is welcome.
73. David

david bencini ik5xmk

Hi, nobody can point to me ?

How can i configure MMDVM_Bridge.ini (and DVSwitch.ini) to link one side XLX in DEXTRA ? Is it possibile ?
Is it necessary to have also ircddbgateway ?

Thank you
David

andrew (callsign)

XLX has its own inbuilt ability to connect to other XLX. Or other reflectors, TG's etc. Using interconnects.

Why re-invent the wheel ??

Hi, nobody can point to me ?
How can i configure MMDVM_Bridge.ini (and DVSwitch.ini) to link one side XLX in DEXTRA ? Is it possibile ?
Is it necessary to have also ircddbgateway ?

Thank you
David

david bencini ik5xmk

>Why re-invent the wheel ??

Why maybe I started working on XLX from the first version and I know good things and faults?

If you have an XLX with transcoding and an XLX WITHOUT transcoding, how do you connect them together? The peer system works great if all XLXs have the same technical characteristics. There are many realities in the world and not everyone uses a single XLX for the whole country.

What we need is simply a "collector" with dstar protocol and not mmdvm. I understand that MMDVM_Bridge, DVSwitch, etc. etc. they can not do this. OK.

Unfortunately, XRF no longer had any development, but as a "collector" it could be fine, but it has no control and causes loops with ease.

There is YSF2DMR, we hope will also be implemented DCS2DPLUS for the dstar, or similar.

Thanks anyway, 73

Steve N4IRS

David,
I little to nothing about XLX so I don't know how much help I can be.
I do now understand more about XLX (with transcode) <-> XLX (XLX (without transcode) If I understand your post, the peer protocol can not connect the two different modes.
If ircDDBGateway can connect to each type maybe you can do this:

XLX (with transcode) <-> idcDDBGateway(1) <-> MMDVM_Bridge(1) <-> MMDVM_Bridge(2) <-> ircDDBGateway(2) <-> XLX (without transcode)

Steve N4IRS

On 11/22/18 8:53 AM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
>Why re-invent the wheel ??

Why maybe I started working on XLX from the first version and I know good things and faults?

If you have an XLX with transcoding and an XLX WITHOUT transcoding, how do you connect them together? The peer system works great if all XLXs have the same technical characteristics. There are many realities in the world and not everyone uses a single XLX for the whole country.

What we need is simply a "collector" with dstar protocol and not mmdvm. I understand that MMDVM_Bridge, DVSwitch, etc. etc. they can not do this. OK.

Unfortunately, XRF no longer had any development, but as a "collector" it could be fine, but it has no control and causes loops with ease.

There is YSF2DMR, we hope will also be implemented DCS2DPLUS for the dstar, or similar.

Thanks anyway, 73

david bencini ik5xmk

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your answer.

This can be a viable path. I was hoping not to use ircddbgateway, even to be able to use a single server for this function.

The latest version of XLX is designed to have a distributed use on all peers of the transcoding process, so it implies that all participants have appropriate on-board hardware.

This is the reason for the request of a simple direct connection, point to point, with the DExtra protocol only, for example, in order not to activate the transcoding process.

It would be necessary for MMDVM_Bridge to present itself to XLX in a pure dstar way, at least in one side.

Thanks, I can try to use ircddbgateway with a different protocol / port type for each side. But I have to recompile ircddbgateway in custom mode by changing some listening ports so that everything can reside on a single server

73, David