Installing DVSwitch

Guillermo HK4KM <hk4km@...>

Hello group.

I have been trying to install DVSwitch but following the document "Draft DMRGateway Install Notes", when I get to the Install and test DMRGateway part I can't go beyond point 3 as the file in point 4 does not exist.  Is there a revised document I can follow?

I also tried the
DVSwitch-System-Builder and that also does not work.

Any complete, correct set of instructions I can find to get this set up?

Thanks in advance.

Steve N4IRS

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit

What does not work in DVSwitch-System-Builder? What are you trying to do?

Steve N4IRS

On 11/25/18 8:02 PM, Guillermo HK4KM via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello group.

I have been trying to install DVSwitch but following the document "Draft DMRGateway Install Notes", when I get to the Install and test DMRGateway part I can't go beyond point 3 as the file in point 4 does not exist.  Is there a revised document I can follow?

I also tried the
DVSwitch-System-Builder and that also does not work.

Any complete, correct set of instructions I can find to get this set up?

Thanks in advance.

Mike KB8JNM

Not sure exactly what you are looking at...

Try this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit

...mike/kb8jnm

On 11/25/2018 8:02 PM, Guillermo HK4KM via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello group.

I have been trying to install DVSwitch but following the document "Draft DMRGateway Install Notes", when I get to the Install and test DMRGateway part I can't go beyond point 3 as the file in point 4 does not exist.  Is there a revised document I can follow?

I also tried the
DVSwitch-System-Builder and that also does not work.

Any complete, correct set of instructions I can find to get this set up?

Thanks in advance.

Frank Decuire

Guillermo

If you are a visual learner check out this YouTube video it worked great for me. The narrator also refers to the document.

Frank k6fed

On Sunday, November 25, 2018, 5:02 PM, Guillermo HK4KM via Groups.Io <hk4km@...> wrote:

Hello group.

I have been trying to install DVSwitch but following the document "Draft DMRGateway Install Notes", when I get to the Install and test DMRGateway part I can't go beyond point 3 as the file in point 4 does not exist.  Is there a revised document I can follow?

I also tried the
DVSwitch-System-Builder and that also does not work.

Any complete, correct set of instructions I can find to get this set up?

Thanks in advance.

Guillermo HK4KM <hk4km@...>

Thanks, Frank.  Will see the video and the other one he has on setting up the Allstar node.

73 de HK4KM - Guillermo

Guillermo HK4KM <hk4km@...>

Thanks for your reply, Mike.

I went to the Files section on the site and downloaded this:

https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/files/Draft%20DMRGateway%20Install%20notes.odt

As I stated in my original message, all goes well until I get to the point where it says:

   4: Copy the proper version of DMRG to the destination directory. Execute cp DMRGateway.armv7 /opt/DMRGateway/ DMRGateway

I don't have a DMRGateway.armv7 file to copy in that directory, nor in any other directory in /srv/DMRGateway

Steve N4IRS

DMRGateway no longer exists. The document is no longer valid. I will be removing the document as soon as I finish this message. Use this document https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing

Steve N4IRS

On 11/26/18 6:46 AM, Guillermo HK4KM via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks for your reply, Mike.

I went to the Files section on the site and downloaded this:

https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/files/Draft%20DMRGateway%20Install%20notes.odt

As I stated in my original message, all goes well until I get to the point where it says:

   4: Copy the proper version of DMRG to the destination directory. Execute cp DMRGateway.armv7 /opt/DMRGateway/ DMRGateway

I don't have a DMRGateway.armv7 file to copy in that directory, nor in any other directory in /srv/DMRGateway

Guillermo HK4KM <hk4km@...>

Ok I can now see that maybe the problem with the Draft DMRGateway Install notes is that I did not use the image

http://dvswitch.org/files/DIAL/RAT_RC1.tar.gz

because it no longer exists at that URL.  So I used a normal Raspbian image.  That maybe explains why the files to contiune installing are not there.

So I will have to look at the other document in more detail.

What I really want to do is transcode/link YSF<->D-Star.  I already have two reflectors running in a single Tinkerboard. And, after that is working I want to connect those to IRN.  I have a channel set up there.  Or, I can use my own TeamSpeak 3 server which is up and running.

Don't know if all this sounds crazy or if it can be done.  Just got pointed to DVSwitch by the IRN guys.

Appreciate any help with this idea and where I may be wrong or what I can and can't do.

73 de Guillermo, HK4KM

Steve N4IRS

The Draft DMRGateway Install notes is no longer valid. All of the programs have been replaced. Use https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit?usp=sharing

On 11/26/18 7:03 AM, Guillermo HK4KM via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Steve.  Will do.