NXDNReflector with DVSwitch

JJ Cummings

I think that it works well, I need to adjust levels to get the audio a bit cleaner <-> ASL, of course I suspect there is only so much that can be done when emulating, but for emulation it’s decent.   I’d love to help out with dev when I have time but I’m swamped now with ASL work and real life pay the bills work.

Sent from the iRoad

On Dec 14, 2018, at 17:47, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Who da thunk it.
Yes, NXDN, D-Star and P25 REQUIRE a gateway.
DMR does not need one.
YSF can use one and it does bring features to the table.

Mike and I have discussed removing the need for P25 and maybe NXDN. We have not decided yet.

Glad I was able to help you get it going.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/14/18 5:20 PM, JJ Cummings wrote:
You are correct sir... I had to undo all of the things that I had monkeyed with to try and make it work before and now it works perfectly!

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 7:50 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
If I remember, the defaults in MMDVM_Bridge.ini and the defaults in NXDN_Gateway match up fine.

On 12/14/2018 9:36 AM, JJ Cummings wrote:
So how do I tie NXDNGateway into DVSwitch, I don't even see packets sourcing from DVSwitch toward anything... I'll try it with NXDNGateway in between such as follows and see what happens:

NXDNReflector <-> NXDNGateway <-> DVSwitch etc....

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 7:28 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
OK,
Yes it works with YSF. No it does not work with NXDN. You need NXDNGateway.

On 12/14/2018 9:09 AM, JJ Cummings wrote:
I am not, I’m doing what I have with YSFReflector that works.. so

NXDNReflector <-> DVSwitch <-> Analog_Bridge

Where DVSwitch of course makes the outbound connections to either side etc..

Sent from the iRoad

On Dec 13, 2018, at 23:47, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Are you running NXDNGateway?

Steve N4IRS

[...]

MMDVM_Bridge <-> NXDN_Gateway <-> NXDN Reflector

[...]

Maybe I am losing my mind (ideally) but I can't seem to get DVSwitch to connect to an instance of NXDNReflector on localhost.  tcpdump against lo shows zero attempted connections when the service starts.  I do have the [NXDN] and [NXDN Network] set to enable and the NXDNReflector is running locally on the same system.. the GatewayPort matches the [Network] Port=41400 in the NXDNReflector.ini configuration.  I am able to connect to the NXDNReflector from an outside host to the given port and I can see that all interfaces are listening on udp:0.0.0.0:41400

I do have YSF also enabled in the same DVSwitch configuration, but have tried to disable it also with the same results, I never see any connection attempts from DVSwitch to NXDNReflector... any ideas or pointers would be appreciated for sure at this point!

N0PKT
JJC