A newbei Question about NXDN <--> DMR

Serdar ULUKONAKCI

Hi All,
This is my first post and first steps in the world of interconnection between digital networks so my question may be silly but your help will be appreciated.
Our amateur radio club is running two NXDN (Kenwood NXR710) and one DMR (Hytera RD985) repeaters. BTW, Hytera RD985 repeater is connected to BM network. All of these repeaters are are in same IP network and same subnet. We want to create a bridge (sorry I don't know exact terminology) between DMR and NXDN world. Our members want to use their NXDN handhelds for communicate with DMR network and vice versa.
I hope that, I can explain current situation.
What software should we use?
What is the required hardware?
Your help will be appreciated.
73!
TA3AS
Serdar

Steve N4IRS

Serdar,
Unfortunately you will not be able to bridge to the NXR710. The networking of the Kenwood repeater is not open and to be honest, there is not enough demand to warrant the expense and work to reverse engineer the protocol they use.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 12/19/18 5:01 PM, Serdar ULUKONAKCI wrote:
[...]

Hi Steve,
Thank you very much for your reply and guidance. Maybe, "BRIDGE" is the wrong terminology, I don't know. I read  about "REFLECTORS". Running a reflector for NXDN can be a solution?
Sorry as I wrote before, this is my first steps into the interconnection world so I may have use  some keywords incorrectly.
Best Regards,
Serdar

On 20.12.2018 02:03, Steve N4IRS wrote:
[...]

You used all the right words and you have the concepts correct. The problem is the Kenwood networking protocol. It is a closed system and I see no way to gain access. The only way would be to reverse engineer the protocol and that would take time and equipment.

Steve

On 20.12.2018 02:18, Steve N4IRS wrote:
[...]

Jake Litwin

I have built a NXDN to DMR bridge using the NXDN Reflector, NXDN Gateway and the MMDVM Bridge. I'm getting a weird error in the logs. Folks on DMR can hear the NXDN Reflector but nothing comes back to NXDN from DMR. I figured this error might have something to do with it and not sure what this means.

M: 2019-10-19 16:40:10.147 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission, 40.3 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
M: 2019-10-19 16:40:10.148 NXDN, TX state = OFF
M: 2019-10-19 16:40:14.745 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from N7VDR to TG 420
M: 2019-10-19 16:40:14.745 NXDN, TX state = ON
I: 2019-10-19 16:40:14.745 NXDN, dmrToNxdn by call: N7VDR
I: 2019-10-19 16:40:14.745 NXDN, Begin TX: src=3108345 rpt=0 dst=420 slot=2 cc=0 metadata=N7VDR
I: 2019-10-19 16:40:14.745 NXDN, (3108345, 420) -> (8344, 420)
W: 2019-10-19 16:40:40.795 DMR, Login to the master has failed, retrying login ...
E: 2019-10-19 16:40:41.823 DMR Network buffer overflow, clearing the buffer. (55 >= 47)
M: 2019-10-19 16:40:42.221 DMR Slot 2, network watchdog has expired, 53.5 seconds, 2% packet loss, BER: 0.0%
E: 2019-10-19 16:40:42.917 DMR Network buffer overflow, clearing the buffer. (55 >= 47)
E: 2019-10-19 16:40:43.920 DMR Network buffer overflow, clearing the buffer. (55 >= 47)
E: 2019-10-19 16:40:45.019 DMR Network buffer overflow, clearing the buffer. (55 >= 47)
E: 2019-10-19 16:40:46.119 DMR Network buffer overflow, clearing the buffer. (55 >= 47)
E: 2019-10-19 16:40:47.222 DMR Network buffer overflow, clearing the buffer. (55 >= 47)
E: 2019-10-19 16:40:48.315 DMR Network buffer overflow, clearing the buffer. (55 >= 47)
E: 2019-10-19 16:40:49.323 DMR Network buffer overflow, clearing the buffer. (55 >= 47)
E: 2019-10-19 16:40:50.418 DMR Network buffer overflow, clearing the buffer. (55 >= 47)