We lost a nice guy this week.

Kevin Halton

George Stein - NJ3H

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  May he rest in peace.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon USA
DMR Node: 3141315
Allstar Node: 49246
Echolink Node NJ3H-L: 3135

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 6:39 AM, Steve N4IRS
<szingman@...> wrote:
I was informed yesterday that Steve K4SQI passed away in his sleep. Steve was very active in many facets of Amateur Radio including the digital modes. Steve did a great job of testing all of the DVSwitch programs and was a great help in finding bugs. He was a lot of fun to talk to both on voice and on text messages. I for one will miss him. Here is the post that I received:

[Forwarded from Bill Carreira W1KFR]
I am very sad to report that Steve K4SQI passed away in his sleep last night for no known reason. Steve was the brains behind these digital links. He built the interfaces for a lot of the links around the country including the Kingsland Digital, Carolina digital, and RI Digital. Kevin KA1MXL and I have reached out to his wife to assist her in this time of need along with all the guys from Carolina. Just passing the information on to the group because a few of FCDMR folks use Kingsland Digital in the differnt modes.

Steve N4IRS

Edited

[...]

A gofundme page has been setup to help his family.

https://www.gofundme.com/k4sqi-steven-d-blackford-steve