Potential Openbridge usage

Bill N2WNS

I'm looking to spin up 2 C-Bridges in two different geographic areas that will have different traffic needs. To ease administration on the upstream the BM/MARC providers, should I implement OB to get the TG traffic, then distribute the traffic from OB to the C-Bridges? What kind of processing power and memory would be required in a virtual environment for such an install?

Thanks, -Bill N2WNS

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

I am using the minimal single core and 1 gig of ram with 3 different OB connections and many talkgroups at that, some repeaters, and a cbridge ipsc connection and The virtual machine is pretty much sitting idle.

Corey n3fe

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

On Jan 3, 2019, at 8:00 PM, Bill N2WNS <n2wns.radio@...> wrote:

I'm looking to spin up 2 C-Bridges in two different geographic areas that will have different traffic needs. To ease administration on the upstream the BM/MARC providers, should I implement OB to get the TG traffic, then distribute the traffic from OB to the C-Bridges?

If you have c-Bridges you should just use the CC-CC protocol between them and MARC’s c-Bridges and to BM’s servers (which also speak c-Bridge). Stuffing my software in the middle of a setup like this is necessary. You already have everything you need.

Thanks, -Bill N2WNS

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501

Bill N2WNS

Thanks for the reply's. I was thinking of it strictly from an upstream administration perspective. Setup/Changes would only have to be made once on the provider side limiting the administration they have to preform. It also gives me the flexibility of if I needed to move TG's from one Bridge to the other, I would not have to bother the provider with something I could handle.

I'm still in the spitballing stage any other thoughts are welcome.

-Bill N2WNS

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Uh... openbridge still requires upstream admins to configure things, similar to setting up the cc-cc connections.

On Jan 3, 2019, at 9:14 PM, Bill N2WNS <n2wns.radio@...> wrote:

Thanks for the reply's. I was thinking of it strictly from an upstream administration perspective. Setup/Changes would only have to be made once on the provider side limiting the administration they have to preform. It also gives me the flexibility of if I needed to move TG's from one Bridge to the other, I would not have to bother the provider with something I could handle.

I'm still in the spitballing stage any other thoughts are welcome.

-Bill N2WNS

Peter M0NWI

To confirm what Corey is saying on sizing, I have ~10 Moto repeaters, a few MMDVM via IPSC_Bridge, and a second IPSC_Bridge for hotspots, plus all the normal LAMP stuff for a web live monitor etc., my VM spec is below;

I have recently cleared the logs down though!