Help linking P25 to DMR

mike@...

Hey all,

I'm brand new to the group, but have been experimenting with DMR and P25 for a while. I am looking to build a bridge between P25 and DMR, and have found just enough to confuse me on the 'web. :)

It looks like I'll need MMDVM_Bridge for sure - but I am unclear what other components I need. I have also seen a post (possibly outdated) that talks about needing gateways, reflectors and a couple of analog bridges... but something is telling me that may not be the case.

Am I on the right track? Any pointers are appreciated!

Thanks and 73,
Mike - N6MIK

Steve N4IRS

Mike,
Yes you will need those things also. here is a basic diagram:
P25Reflector <-> P25Gateway <-> MMDVM_Bridge <-> Analog_Bridge <-> Analog_Bridge <-> MMDVM_Bridge <-> DMR Master (BM, HB etc)
You will need 2 instances of Analog_Bridge
The 2 MMDVM_Bridges can be done as one instance.

The question is, what exactly are you trying to bridge? That will tell us more about the ends of the bridge.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 1/14/19 10:51 PM, mike@... wrote:
Hey all,

I'm brand new to the group, but have been experimenting with DMR and P25 for a while. I am looking to build a bridge between P25 and DMR, and have found just enough to confuse me on the 'web. :)

It looks like I'll need MMDVM_Bridge for sure - but I am unclear what other components I need. I have also seen a post (possibly outdated) that talks about needing gateways, reflectors and a couple of analog bridges... but something is telling me that may not be the case.

Am I on the right track? Any pointers are appreciated!

Thanks and 73,
Mike - N6MIK

mike@...

Thanks Steve. I'll grab those components and start experimenting!

I have an existing P25Reflector that connects a couple of MMDVM repeaters (primarily P25 users) and wish to bridge a talk group with one on Brandmeister.

I'm going to try this on a R-pi 3b+; do you think that's going to be robust enough to run everything?

73,
Mike - N6MIK

On 1/14/19 10:51 PM, mike@... wrote:
Hey all,

I'm brand new to the group, but have been experimenting with DMR and P25 for a while. I am looking to build a bridge between P25 and DMR, and have found just enough to confuse me on the 'web. :)

It looks like I'll need MMDVM_Bridge for sure - but I am unclear what other components I need. I have also seen a post (possibly outdated) that talks about needing gateways, reflectors and a couple of analog bridges... but something is telling me that may not be the case.

Am I on the right track? Any pointers are appreciated!

Thanks and 73,
Mike - N6MIK

Kevin N9OIG

I want to do the same thing P25 31555 currently up and running. And 31555 DMR brandmiester. The same question is the RPI 3 plus robust enough to run this cross link?

N9OIG
Kevin

Steve N4IRS

Yes it is