XLX to YSF

Doug - W4DBG

Hello to the group...

I have read other threads but I haven't really seen an answer that I am looking for.

I want to bridge a YSF reflector to a XLX Reflector in DMR mode.

It looks like I am successful connecting to the YSF reflector and the XLX reflector using the proper gateways but on the XLX reflector it is not connected to a specific Module. I just need to know what to change to attach it to a specific module.

Thanks!

Doug
W4DBG

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...

Steve KC1AWV

Hi Doug-

I assume you're using YSF2DMR? The DMR Network stanza by default shows commented out settings for XLX. Here's mine for example.

[DMR Network]
Id=[Your DMR ID]
XLXFile=XLXHosts.txt
XLXReflector=740
XLXModule=B
#StartupDstId=9990
# For TG call: StartupPC=0
#StartupPC=1
#Address=44.131.4.1
Port=62030
Jitter=500
EnableUnlink=1
TGUnlink=4000
PCUnlink=0
# Local=62032
Password=PASSWORD
# Options=
TGListFile=TGList-DMR.txt
Debug=0

Steve KC1AWV

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 8:11 AM Doug - W4DBG <douggooden@...> wrote:
Hello to the group...

I have read other threads but I haven't really seen an answer that I am looking for.

I want to bridge a YSF reflector to a XLX Reflector in DMR mode.

It looks like I am successful connecting to the YSF reflector and the XLX reflector using the proper gateways but on the XLX reflector it is not connected to a specific Module. I just need to know what to change to attach it to a specific module.

Thanks!

Doug
W4DBG

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

Doug - W4DBG

Maybe I am missing something. Is YSF2DMR in the setup?

I thought that was a hotspot setting?

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 7:13 AM Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:
[...]

Steve N4IRS

It is.
Are you using DMRGateway to connect to XLX or going direct from MMDVM_Bridge?

Steve

On 1/23/2019 9:13 AM, Doug - W4DBG wrote:
[...]

DMRGateway

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 8:15 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

Doug,
I have zero experience with XLX and DMRGateway but I think what you want is is DMRGateway.ini
[XLX Network]
Enabled=1
File=XLXHosts.txt
Port=62030
Password=passw0rd
ReloadTime=60
# Local=3351
Slot=1
TG=6
Base=64000
Startup=950
Relink=10
Debug=0
#Allow user linking control using Private Calls
UserControl=1
#Override default module for startup reflector
#Module=A <-------------------------------------------------------- Uncomment this and set to the module you want.

On 1/23/2019 9:15 AM, Doug - W4DBG wrote:
[...]

I will keep plugging away at it. I must still have something “off” attached is a photo of the reflector dashboard showing the module missing.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 8:20 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

Ah, I see. I used YSF2DMR to go direct from the YSFReflector to XLX. In DMRGateway, you can specify which module in the XLX Network stanza.

[XLX Network]
Enabled=1
File=/var/lib/mmdvm/XLXHosts.txt
Port=62030
Password=passw0rd
ReloadTime=60
# Local=3351
Slot=2
TG=6
Base=64000
Startup=740
Relink=60
Debug=0
Id=310458
UserControl=1
Module=B

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 9:16 AM Doug - W4DBG <douggooden@...> wrote:
[...]

I don't know if I'm actually passing traffic into the reflector but this worked for me.

[XLX Network]
Enabled=1
File=./XLXHosts.txt
Port=62030
Password=passw0rd
ReloadTime=60
# Local=3351
Slot=2
TG=6
Base=64000
Startup=334

On 1/23/2019 9:44 AM, Doug - W4DBG wrote:
[...]

Is there a Echo module? E?

[...]

There is an E but no parrot is installed.

I guess I have muffed something up. I have the same thing as you but no module showing.

I checked the log and it looks like it connects and disconnects.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 12:28 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Is there a Echo module? E?

[...]

Maybe this will help:
root@repeater:/opt/DMRGateway# ./DMRGateway DMRGateway.ini
I: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.982 This software is for use on amateur radio networks only,
I: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.982 it is to be used for educational purposes only. Its use on
I: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.982 commercial networks is strictly prohibited.
I: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.982 Copyright(C) 2017 by Jonathan Naylor, G4KLX and others
M: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.983 DMRGateway-20180606 is starting
M: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.983 Built 11:29:08 Jan 10 2019 (GitID #9579565)
I: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.983 MMDVM Network Parameters
I: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.983     Rpt Address: 127.0.0.1
I: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.983     Rpt Port: 62032
I: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.983     Local Address: 127.0.0.1
I: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.983     Local Port: 62031
M: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.984 MMDVM Network, Opening
M: 2019-01-23 18:31:40.984 Waiting for MMDVM to connect.....
M: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.014 MMDVM has connected
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.015 Rule trace: no
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.017 Loaded 301 XLX reflectors
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.017 XLX Network Parameters
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018     Id: 3112138
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018     Hosts file: ./XLXHosts.txt
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018     Reload time: 60 minutes
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018     Local: random
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018     Port: 62030
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018     Slot: 2
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018     TG: 6
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018     Base: 64000
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018     Startup: XLX334
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018     Relink: 10 minutes
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018     User Control: enabled
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.018      Module: E
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.019 XLX: Using original configuration message: N4IRS   222340000224940000010141.73329-50.39989000Iceberg, North AtlanMMDVM_Bridge       4https://groups.io/g/DVSwitch                                                                                                20180423                                MMDVM_Unknown
M: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.019 XLX, Opening DMR Network
M: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.019 XLX, Connecting to XLX334
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.019 Voice Parameters
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.019     Enabled: yes
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.019     Language: en_US
I: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.019     Directory: ./Audio
M: 2019-01-23 18:32:00.020 DMRGateway-20180606 is running
D: 2019-01-23 18:32:10.071 XLX, Sending authorisation
D: 2019-01-23 18:32:10.122 XLX, Sending configuration
M: 2019-01-23 18:32:10.173 XLX, Logged into the master successfully
M: 2019-01-23 18:32:10.173 XLX, Linking to reflector XLX334 E

On 1/23/2019 1:29 PM, Doug - W4DBG wrote:
[...]

I am getting:

Cannot bind the UDP Address, err: 99

That might be my problem.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 12:33 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

From what program. Post the log output.

On 1/23/19 4:15 PM, Doug - W4DBG wrote:
[...]

One thing I'm wondering is why I don't have a suffix. Where does that come from?

[...]

I saw the same thing. Somehow is the Reflector not seeing what mode you are on?

DMR from MMDVM shows "DMR"

DSTAR shows whatever is setup in the users settings of the radio.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 7:21 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

I am hearing the traffic but when I tried this afternoon I had carrier but no audio. It MAY be me. I need to make sure I did not break something here.

On 1/23/19 8:29 PM, Doug - W4DBG wrote:
[...]

Here is the log from DMRGateway:

I: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.230 This software is for use on amateur radio networks only,
I: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.230 it is to be used for educational purposes only. Its use on
I: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.234 commercial networks is strictly prohibited.
I: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.234 Copyright(C) 2017 by Jonathan Naylor, G4KLX and others
M: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.235 DMRGateway-20180606 is starting
M: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.235 Built 15:31:52 Jan 22 2019 (GitID #9579565)
I: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.235 MMDVM Network Parameters
I: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.235     Rpt Address: 127.0.0.1
I: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.236     Rpt Port: 62032
I: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.236     Local Address: 127.0.0.1
I: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.236     Local Port: 62031
M: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.236 MMDVM Network, Opening
M: 2019-01-24 01:45:40.237 Waiting for MMDVM to connect.....

And it just sits there.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 7:32 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

It's waiting for MMDVM_Bridge to connect.

On 1/23/19 8:49 PM, Doug - W4DBG wrote:
[...]

Steve,

Can I see your MMDVM_Bridge.ini file?

I really want to learn this one on my own and if I can do all the work I will grasp it more.