AMBE server use with md380-emu :D

Alex

Dear All ,
I am a noob at this so bare with me ...

I've read all about the analogue bridge model ,
and it looks very convoluted for the time being for me ,

so is there a way to circumvent all that and just patch the emulator directly onto an AMBE server ?
I am sure someone else already thought about this (and I guess is difficult to be done ) but anyhow
is there any documentation into actually how the backend of analogue bridge works in conjunction to MD380-emu.service ?

so that I can understand what is going on ?

Thank you for your help and time in advance
Alex

Steve N4IRS

Actually it's quite simple. In the [GENERAL] stanza of Analog_Bridge.ini:

decoderFallBack = true                  ; Allow software AMBE decoding if a hardware decoder is not found
useEmulator = true                      ; Use the MD380 AMBE emulator for AMBE72 (DMR/YSFN/NXDN)
emulatorAddress = 127.0.0.1:2470        ; IP address and port of the md380 server

This tells Analog_Bridge to connect to the emulator running on the same host on UDP port 2470.

The thing to understand is there are quite a few ways to setup up to 3 different Vocoders. Analog_Bridge supports DMR, D-Star, P25, YSF and NXDN.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 1/23/19 8:52 PM, Alex wrote:
Dear All ,
I am a noob at this so bare with me ...

I've read all about the analogue bridge model ,
and it looks very convoluted for the time being for me ,

so is there a way to circumvent all that and just patch the emulator directly onto an AMBE server ?
I am sure someone else already thought about this (and I guess is difficult to be done ) but anyhow
is there any documentation into actually how the backend of analogue bridge works in conjunction to MD380-emu.service ?

so that I can understand what is going on ?

Thank you for your help and time in advance
Alex

Themis Floros SV4QXF

Hello Steve one question , md380-emu is possible to support transcoding between DSTAR<->DMR?

EA4GAX - Sergio

Hi all
It`s possible change defaut port 2470 for ejemplo 2471 or other?
Thank you

Steve N4IRS

Yes,
The UDP listener port is set in /lib/systemd/system/md380-emu.service
ExecStart=/opt/md380-emu/md380-emu -S 2470

73, Steve N4IRS

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 11:29 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Yes,
The UDP listener port is set in /lib/systemd/system/md380-emu.service
ExecStart=/opt/md380-emu/md380-emu -S 2470
Ok Steve, Thank you

EA4GAX - Sergio

Thank you egain, work perfect!!!