Topics

Parrot Configuration

Albert Lawson

Hello Group,

I have an interesting issue with Parrot that I can’t seem to solve on my own.  I have two masters configured for DMR, one for single TS devices and another for Dual TS Devices.  Parrot is configured as a third master.  This is all on the same virtual machine. The two clients instances I have configured are for Parrot and for Bandmiester.  The files I’m running are hb_router.py and hb_parrot.py.  The idea was to have local talk groups that don’t route to BM, but still have connectivity to BM if desired, and to have the ability for users to use a locally running Parrot server.

Now here’s the problem….if I have my MMDVM repeater connected to dual-slot master, the Parrot instance works just fine.  Not so with the single timeslot master.  And if another repeater connects to the dual time slot master, Parrot stops working for all devices.  Logs show the traffic being routed to Parrot, put the Parrot logs show that nothing is being received.  Disconnect the second device from the dual time slot master….let the connection time out, and Parrot starts working again.

Can someone share the client/master configs for Parrot…or off the top of your head…can someone point me to the right config…???  I’ll share config files if needed.

Thanks es 73’s

-Albert

WB7AWL

Steve N4IRS