using ACLs

Jon K1IMD

We are running a simple IPSC_Bridge<->HB_Bridge on a Ubuntu PC to provide dongle connection to a c-Bridge.  Nothing fancy going on as the c-Bridge does the traffic routing.

However, would like to use acl's to control/limit access to the HB_Bridge to not overload the manger/port.

I don't see a place to implement this feature.

73,
Jon
K1IMD

Jon K1IMD

Humm looking this over I guess I did not make a whole lot of sense.

Using the HB_Bridge branch the cfg file for hblink does not make mention of ACL support.  However, in the main branch the cfg file for hblink DOES indicate ACL support.

Since we are running the HB_Bridge branch I assume that we can't use ACLs?  If we can, how so, as mixing and matching branches will lead to a disaster.  One need not ask I how I know.. ;)

Thank you,
73
Jon
K1IMD

On 2/16/2019 20:27, Jon K1IMD wrote:
We are running a simple IPSC_Bridge<->HB_Bridge on a Ubuntu PC to provide dongle connection to a c-Bridge.  Nothing fancy going on as the c-Bridge does the traffic routing.

However, would like to use acl's to control/limit access to the HB_Bridge to not overload the manger/port.

I don't see a place to implement this feature.

73,
Jon
K1IMD

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

No ACLs in the HB_Bridge branch.

No mix-and-match between branches

On Feb 17, 2019, at 12:40 PM, Jon K1IMD <lists@...> wrote:

[...]

Yup... kinda what I though Cort.

Thank you for your response.

On 2/17/2019 14:15, Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Jim Gifford - K9AGR

Just want to point out that you could use the newest code as a confbridge "hub", and connect the IPSC/HB bridge to that hub, and the clients can connect to that hub, then you have your ACL access.  Clients then aren't directly connected to your bridge set.  The extra layer doesn't adversely affect the communications latency as far as I can tell.

jim