YSFReflector <> DMR #dmrlink

nick@...

I've been reading the last few hours and I haven't quite come across what I'm looking for. I have even looked at some of the examples listed but something just isn't clicking on my side.

Here is what I'm setting up...
YSFReflector(54037) <> DMR BMTG 311752

Assuming this is how it will be accomplished (correct me if I'm wrong)
YSFReflector <> MMDVM_Bridge <> Brandmeister Server 3102

I already have a YSFReflector up and running and working well. I've installed MMDVM_Bridge on a separate VM than the YSFReflector.

In MMDVM_Bridge, I have edited the DVSwitch.ini to loop the ports between YSF and DMR. I believe that's all I need to do in the this file?

I'm currently working in the MMDVM_Bridge.ini file but not sure on a few items.
I have my callisign and ID set to my personal on line 1 and 2

DMR Enable=1
System Fusion Enable=1

Under [DMR Network] do I change the "Address=" to the BM3102 address? and what else do I need to do to connect it with TG 311752?

Under [System Fusion Network]
The only thing I have changed so far is the "GatewayAddress" to the IP address of my YSFReflector and "GatewayPort"

Is this correct and all I need to do to make the bridge?

I feel like I'm really close just need some help on the final details.

Thanks!
Nick - KB9YVN

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019, 12:10 PM <nick@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the reply, that's actually the document I started with along with a few others and it helped a lot and got me almost there. I just wanted to confirm my thinking above on first is this all I need to make the Bridge and secondly where do I put the TG for BM (311752) Under Local?

Also, Under [System Fusion Network]
The only thing I have changed so far is the "GatewayAddress" to the IP address of my YSFReflector and "GatewayPort" <- is that correct?

nick@...

Actually, I think I have this working and I"m hearing audio. but it's tied to TG310  need to get it to the right TG 311752

nick@...

I guess I just need to keep posting and walking away....lol  As soon as I walk away each time, I figure out the issue in my head. I didn't realize TG part was like a hotspot that was controlled on the Brandmeister dashboard. Sorry, really new to the bridging so I'm trying to figure it out as fast as I can. I think I have this all working now except the callsigns coming from DMR to YSF are not coming through yet.

Ethan - KE7DUX

Hello Nick,

You may have seen my topic, which was posted a day before yours. I am doing the same thing, and was at the same point you were. I could not get DMR Callsigns to show up on YSF Radios. I posted about this but did not get any feedback on things to try. Did you ever get it working?

I ended up ditching this setup altogether and am just running DMR2YSF and it's been working perfectly so far (about a week).

Here was my last post, I am curious if this is the same behavior you see:

--------------------
On my Pi-Star (Connected to YSF Gateway) DMR users come across properly in the pistar dashboard, however nothing shows up on my FT2D

On my DV4mini (Connected to YSF Gateway) DMR users come across as "******", and nothing shows on my FT2D.

On a friend's Openspot2 (Connected to YSF Gateway), it shows N4IRR (Mike)'s info (for all DMR users), but nothing on his FT2D.

Steve N4IRS

Ethan,
Sorry I did not see this before. (way too much inbound e-mail)
There is a bug in MMDVM_Bridge and YSF one of the symptoms is Mikes call. It will be fixed.

Steve N4IRS

On 3/13/2019 11:33 AM, Ethan - KE7DUX wrote:

[...]

I ended up having a separate issue going from DMR to YSF. I had someone message me privately that had the same issue and went to YSF2DMR. I went this route and it worked good but would be more than willing to test any fixes to MMDVM_Bridge as I think this has great potential and was easy to setup.

You can see the post I am referring to here: https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/topic/dmr_to_ysf_bridge_not_working/30305770?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,30305770

Let me know where I can help.

Nick