From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of tonyg1hmo@... <tonyg1hmo@...>
Sent: 18 March 2019 08:07
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: [DVSwitch] Linking P25 to P25 using two mmdvm's

Folks, I've been reading the threads but cannot find anything relevant to what I wish to achieve, basically I wish to link together two mmdvm boards which will be in P25 mode over an intranet together but not connected to any reflectors in effect a 'private' network.
I managed to do this last year using the same pair of mmdvm units using DMR with HBlink (I think was what I used), this worked brilliantly, but I cannot see any way for it to be done using P25.
I would appreciate any guidance as to how to get this up and running so I can extend the P25 repeater coverage into my radio workshop which is below ground level and there is no coverage from the repeater 1/4 of a mile away.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated

regards
Tony

Mike AE4ML

Simple solution. Stand up a private P25 reflector on a raspberry pi. Setup the up address of the pi and a specific P25 talkgroup I.e 10299 with the up address in the P25Host file and it will work.

Mike AE4ML

Tony Steele

Edited

Thank you both for the replies, Mike, could you elaborate on the process I need to follow to do do what you suggest?
I am reaonably ok with Linux, if you could explain the setting up of the P25 reflector and the talkgroup / host file I would be most grateful.

Presumably i'd need an mmdvm board and pi  inside the building and another set outside the building, what would I install on the pi's to set up the reflector and link them HBlink?
Would I also need another Pi (or server) to do the linking?

Regards
Tony.

Mike AE4ML

Tony,
I have attached my layout diagram and lab setup.

Mike AE4ML

Tony Steele

Mike,

Thank you very much for sharing that, i'm at work at the moment but when i'm back home this evening, i'll have a look and see if I can replicate it over the weekend.

All the best
Regards
Tony.

Tony Steele

Mike,
I've fallen at the (almost) first hurdle!
Using an OrangePi zero running Raspbian.
I've installed the dvswitch repo, then done an
apt-get update
then apt-get install dvswitch
Which initially seems fine, but as the install progress's, it  seems to fail with the following

orangepi@OrangePI:/tmp$ sudo apt-get install dvswitch
.
Setting up dvswitch-base (1.01-20180420-11) ...
dpkg: error processing package dvswitch-base (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 5
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of analog-bridge:
 analog-bridge depends on dvswitch-base; however:
  Package dvswitch-base is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package analog-bridge (--configure):
Setting up md380-emu (1.1-20180424-3) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/md380-emu.postinst: 5: /var/lib/dpkg/info/md380-emu.postinst: systemctl: not found
dpkg: error processing package md380-emu (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mmdvm-bridge:
 mmdvm-bridge depends on dvswitch-base; however:
  Package dvswitch-base is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package mmdvm-bridge (--configure):
 dvswitch-base
 analog-bridge
 md380-emu
 mmdvm-bridge

Can you suggest what could be the issue?  I can't see that i've missed anything.
Does something require configuring?

I'm lost!!

Regards
Tony

Tony Steele

Ok,
Ignore the last, I tried a different image for the OrangePi Zero, this time I used Armbian and the install of p25reflector seems to have gone fine with no errors.

Now to proceed with the rest of the install.

Mike AE4ML

I have done this on raspberry pi 2 and 3B+

Tony Steele

Hi

Just to update the group, I managed to get this working perfectly using a MMDVM duplex hotspot (UHF) with a Orange Pi zero and a MMDVM modem pcb attached to a GM360 VHF and Raspberry Pi 2.
I also installed P25 Reflector on a seperate Raspberry Pi 2.
Following the instructions Mike gave above, aside from the issue I had with Raspbian on the Orange Pi Zero (above), everything went fine when I switched to Armbian.
It works very very well, I still have some playing to do, but very impressed so far, the total delay is just under 2 seconds and that includes the internet trip to my house.

A final question Mike if I may, how simple would it be to add in another unit with a seperate Pi and MMDVM hotspot but running DMR? I know this is now getting more complicated, but just thinking ahead a bit, would I need to install something on the third Pi currently running P25reflector to link the DMR to the P25 or is this not possible?

Thank you for all the help, it is very much appreciated.

Regards
Tony.

David BV3UN

Hi for DMR to P25 via DVswitch you can reference this blog
http://blog.927.org/node/1