Wave PTT subscription and DVSwitch config's #best_practices #dmrlink

Bret Muller

Currently using the wave PTT platform for a private system and was wondering what would and where would I configure a host system

Steve N4IRS

Bret,
We need a little more information. What are you trying to accomplish?

73, Steve N4IRS

On 3/20/19 5:49 AM, Bret Muller wrote:
Currently using the wave PTT platform for a private system and was wondering what would and where would I configure a host system

Kevin N9OIG

Isn't wave Motorola's version of network ptt radio?
Kevin
N9OIG

Steve N4IRS

Yes it is.

On 3/20/19 8:44 PM, Kevin N9OIG wrote:
Isn't wave Motorola's version of network ptt radio?
Kevin
N9OIG

Steve N4IRS

Well,
Maybe a little more then a network PTT radio. If I remember it allows access to some of their networked radios. I saw a demo a few years ago.

On 3/20/19 8:44 PM, Kevin N9OIG wrote:
Isn't wave Motorola's version of network ptt radio?
Kevin
N9OIG

Bret Muller

Yes it is a subscriber network
I have a gateway that admin my talk groups and users OTA and is a static site ip associated with Motorola and is LMR compatible granted I have the right port number for the system. In which case I would like to see if I can assign my own static ip and use the dvswitch apk and or software as the end user design and build a private system from the gateway I own

"Where the numbers count and the people matter."

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019, 19:05 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Well,
Maybe a little more then a network PTT radio. If I remember it allows access to some of their networked radios. I saw a demo a few years ago.

On 3/20/19 8:44 PM, Kevin N9OIG wrote:
Isn't wave Motorola's version of network ptt radio?
Kevin
N9OIG

Bret Muller

Searching...

This my knowledge base to  the system in place

Associating a Radio System with a Talkgroup

Talkgroups are Broadband-only by default. You can associate any current Talkgroup with any existing Radio System or you can create a new Talkgroup. All transmissions on a Talkgroup associated with a radio system will be shared between Broadband Users on the radio system and radio users on the associated Talkgroup.

NOTE: The following procedure assumes you have already created a Radio System to associate with a Talkgroup. If you have not created a Radio System then see Adding a Radio System.

To associate a Radio System with a Talkgroup
  1. Open the Talkgroups page.
  2. Mouse-over a Talkgroup to associate with a radio system and click the Edit icon.
    The Talkgroup editing page opens.
  3. In the Radio System list, select the Radio System to associate with this Talkgroup.
    The page expands to display additional fields. Enter the following information.

    1. In Talkgroup ID, enter the ID of the Talkgroup as it appears in the Radio System.
      The Talkgroup ID controls which Talkgroup in your Motorola Radio System integrates with this Talkgroup for communication with Broadband clients.
    2. In Site, select the Site for the Talkgroup or leave as ‘Wide’ if the Talkgroup should transmit across Sites.
    3. In Privacy Key, select a Privacy Key for the radio system if you are using a Privacy Type of Enhanced. If the site unencrypted then leave the setting Clear. If you are using a Privacy Type of Basic in the Radio System, then you will need to enter a Privacy Key Index value. For more information see Creating and Assigning Privacy Keys.
  4. Click the SAVE button

"Where the numbers count and the people matter."

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019, 19:05 Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Well,
Maybe a little more then a network PTT radio. If I remember it allows access to some of their networked radios. I saw a demo a few years ago.

On 3/20/19 8:44 PM, Kevin N9OIG wrote:
Isn't wave Motorola's version of network ptt radio?
Kevin
N9OIG

Just wanted to see if anyone got this to work? We are trying to link one of our Local DMR repeaters over to Motorola's WAVE OnCloud system so we could have access to from our iPhones / TLK-100's.

Thanks in Advance!
-Ted/KE6YJC