DV Switch Mobile

Mark Carroll

Hi Guys.

Please be patient with me. I have seen this app mentioned on the International Radio Guild website.

I have downloaded it and tried to get my head around it. Ivwould really like to try it out . However after watching a you tube video on this app and another called Zoiper. I am no further forward.

All i want to try is getting onto the AllStar network. I have been registered on this network for about 5 years. But never done anything about it. Can someone give me some advice?

Thanks for your help
Mark G1BOP.

Steve KC1AWV

Hi Mark,

I guess the question is, what is it that you're trying to do? Allstar is VERY different from Zoiper.

What's your end goal?

Steve KC1AWV

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

K4VL

From what you said you are registered and trying to connect t alistar. You have build an altar node or know someone willing to  allow you access through their node. DV Switch isn't like Echolink. You can't just pick a node and connect to it.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019, 4:34 PM Mark Carroll <markcarroll9@...> wrote:
Hi Guys.

Please be patient with me. I have seen this app mentioned on the International Radio Guild website.

I have downloaded it and tried to get my head around it. Ivwould really like to try it out . However after watching a you tube video on this app and another called Zoiper. I am no further forward.

All i want to try is getting onto the AllStar network. I have been registered on this network for about 5 years. But never done anything about it. Can someone give me some advice?

Thanks for your help
Mark G1BOP.

Jason - WY7JT

Hello Mark,

I'm guessing you haven't setup your own Allstar node yet, which you would connect DVSwitch to. If so you'll first need to setup your own personal node, unless you have someone that will let you access their node. A good place to start for a simple personal node is:

He has how to build your own cheaply, and where you can buy different audio/radio interface options. He'll even sell you one already modified for a good price. After you have the node working you'll need to setup the iaxrpt access for DVSwitch. Hamvoip.com has a guide on how to set that part up along with setting up their hamvoip software which I run and recommend for its OS base and enhancements to make setup easy.

Jason - N6WBL

Pierre Martel

I would not go that way as this web site recommand software distributed illegally based on the GPL licence.

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Le mer. 3 avr. 2019 à 19:01, Jason Turning <cturning1@...> a écrit :
Hello Mark,

I'm guessing you haven't setup your own Allstar node yet, which you would connect DVSwitch to. If so you'll first need to setup your own personal node, unless you have someone that will let you access their node. A good place to start for a simple personal node is:

He has how to build your own cheaply, and where you can buy different audio/radio interface options. He'll even sell you one already modified for a good price. After you have the node working you'll need to setup the iaxrpt access for DVSwitch. Hamvoip.com has a guide on how to set that part up along with setting up their hamvoip software which I run and recommend for its OS base and enhancements to make setup easy.

Jason - N6WBL

Steve N4IRS

Mark,
Both DVSwitch Mobile and Zopier connect to a existing AllStar Network node. You can not just connect to the network like Echolink does. The AllStar node does not have to be connected to a radio. This can be built on a Raspberry Pi or in the "cloud".

Hope this helps,
73, Steve N4IRS

On 4/3/2019 5:21 PM, Mark Carroll wrote:
Hi Guys.

Please be patient with me. I have seen this app mentioned on the International Radio Guild website.

I have downloaded it and tried to get my head around it. Ivwould really like to try it out . However after watching a you tube video on this app and another called Zoiper. I am no further forward.

All i want to try is getting onto the AllStar network. I have been registered on this network for about 5 years. But never done anything about it. Can someone give me some advice?

Thanks for your help
Mark G1BOP.

Phil, G7OEA

Hi Mark,

I am running a raspberry pi 3 and the app together. The rpi3 connects to other hubs to access the all-star network.

If you want help setting up a rpi3 with the app them you can email me. I am listed on QRZ.com

I also run MB7ILV and MB7ALV in the northwest..

73, phil