Error running Analog_bridge

Jeff Scoville

Running Analog_Bridge AMD64 version, on AWS Linux, I get an error "error while loading shared libraries: libsndfile..........

Can't find libsndfile in yum for installing.  Is there a way to install the required library?

--Jeff AE5ME

Mike KB8JNM

What full version of linux are you running.

cat /etc/*-release

It appears you are using 'centos'

You should be using 'Debian v9' to be par with the program.

Best advise is to stay on the beaten path, especially till you understand the software and setup.

On 4/7/2019 12:10 AM, Jeff Scoville via Groups.Io wrote:
Running Analog_Bridge AMD64 version, on AWS Linux, I get an error "error while loading shared libraries: libsndfile..........

Can't find libsndfile in yum for installing.  Is there a way to install the required library?

--Jeff AE5ME

Jeff Scoville

Result from cat /etc/*-release:

AME="cpe:/o:amazon:linux:2018.03:ga"
HOME_URL="http://aws.amazon.com/amazon-linux-ami/"
Amazon Linux AMI release 2018.03

As I stated in my post, I am running a AWS Linux.  Looks like it's time to spin up a Debian machine on AWS if there is no way to get the appropriate shared libraries loaded to run.

--Jeff AE5ME

Mike KB8JNM

I don't know if you can make it work or not, but i can tell you that version is based on centos.

While I have plenty of centos experience, app_rpt use to run on it (ACID), I don't use it with app_rpt anymore as I stay on the beaten path so most support issues are the same and likely 'known'.

Not familiar with AWS services and someone who does may chime in and point you in the right direction.

But if you are willing to try different service I use and have validated with it all...

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/ASL_DEBIAN-9_INSTALL_ON_VULTR

On 4/7/2019 11:09 AM, Jeff Scoville via Groups.Io wrote:
Result from cat /etc/*-release:

AME="cpe:/o:amazon:linux:2018.03:ga"
Amazon Linux AMI release 2018.03

As I stated in my post, I am running a AWS Linux.  Looks like it's time to spin up a Debian machine on AWS if there is no way to get the appropriate shared libraries loaded to run.

--Jeff AE5ME

On AWS install Ubuntu 16 not 18. ASL and dvswitch seem to work fine.

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019, 10:27 AM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

[...]

David McGough

Another way to "just get it running" is to simply grab the libsndfile.*
library files from another AMD64 system, like debian. Make a
folder /mylibs and put the copied libs in /mylibs.

Then, from the bash prompt as root:

cp /etc/ld.so.conf /etc/ld.so.conf.save
echo /mylibs >> /etc/ld.so.conf
ldconfig

....That should do it....Not that I'm recommending a "nasty hack," but it
can get you going. Note that the first step is simply to make a backup of
the original file. Be careful with the /etc/ld.so.conf file. If it gets
damaged badly, your install may end up fried.

73, David KB4FXC