Let us say I am a NOOB (newbie)...

John Kruk - N9UPC <n9upc@...>

Can someone who is starting with this and is being self taught go anywhere to get a learns guide/manual. I know I and others while have a long road ahead and want to learn. Not asking to have the work done but maybe have help along the way and ask (maybe stupid) questions.

Steve N4IRS

Check the Wikis and the file areas. I would like to see more of the external how to documents inclued in the wiki.

Steve

On 4/13/19 9:30 AM, John Kruk - N9UPC via Groups.Io wrote:
Can someone who is starting with this and is being self taught go anywhere to get a learns guide/manual. I know I and others while have a long road ahead and want to learn. Not asking to have the work done but maybe have help along the way and ask (maybe stupid) questions.

Mw1coe@...

Are there any Video's Showing a system in Full Flow ?..

I would like to also build a system..

Got a Pi.. AMBE USB.. MMDVM.. getting some Baofeng 888 Radio's modded for AllStar..

Interesting project if I can see it in action and get some ideas..

Thanks

Rob,,

--
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced !

Steve KC1AWV

I don't have a video, but one of the nets I run is starting at 8pm Eastern (0000h UTC) tonight if you are interested in listening in.

BM TG 3122790
ASL 46550
Echolink KC1AWV-L

Steve KC1AWV

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019, 7:50 PM <Mw1coe@...> wrote:
[...]

Those that wish to listen but don't want to transmit can do so here:

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29582

David Bodman

So is this net every Saturday night? or Second Saturday of the month?

Fred Hillhouse

Hi David,

Yes it is weekly.

Also, when referring to something posting a while back that you are referring to, it is useful to have it in your email so others don’t have to search to understand context.

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io [mailto:main@DVSwitch.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Bodman

So is this net every Saturday night? or Second Saturday of the month?

Neil Howard

Hi Rob,
 I am not sure what you want, but if you look here https://www.hubnetwork.uk/getting-started you will find links to resources etc. for setting up allstar on a Pi.
Also have a peek at the RPG node link on that same page and you can see Peter's Video of his pre-made node ( lots more on his you-toob channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWBDIDu7jYuvLRB4PLeO4RQ
You can contact Peter (G7RPG) and he is always willing to help ad advise (in real time) if he is available :)

the Hubnet UK is a great place to ask questions on this side of the pond too, you can get to it via echolink Node number 973498 (M0HOY-L)
Once you have a node setup , making DVSwitch talk to it is not hard if you are not scared of editing config files :)

Good luck,
Neil M0KNC/MU0KNC