Audio stream of DMR talkgroup.

Steve N4IRS

AB log path is set in the environment. Normally set by the systemd unit file. You can do that by:
AnalogBridgeLogDir=/var/log/dvswitch ; Analog_Bridge Analog_bridge.ini

On 8/12/20 9:12 PM, Steve Siesel [K4KSA] wrote:
I've got everything ready to go, however I have one more question

I could not find a filepath= in Analog_Bridge to set a separate and different path for the second instance of Analog Bridge. Is there a way to send the log to a different location?

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

I've got everything ready to go, however I have one more question

I could not find a filepath= in Analog_Bridge to set a separate and different path for the second instance of Analog Bridge. Is there a way to send the log to a different location?

Steve N4IRS

Steve,
You can't (don't need to) use apt-get.
You just need to copy the file/directory.
For example to copy the whole Analog_Bridge directory:
cd /opt
cp -rf Analog_Bridge Analog_Bridge2
Do the same for MMDVM_Bridge and md380-emu.
As JJ said, you are going to need to use different ports.

Steve

On 8/12/20 8:17 PM, Steve Siesel [K4KSA] wrote:
Thanks,

What is the apt-get command to install dvswitch as a second instance? To place it in a directory where I want it?

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

Thanks,

What is the apt-get command to install dvswitch as a second instance? To place it in a directory where I want it?

JJ Cummings

Yes you can do that, the ports just have to be unique for the audio channels.

Sent from the iRoad

On Aug 12, 2020, at 17:30, Steve Siesel [K4KSA] <steve@...> wrote:

All,

I currently run ASL<>DMR in a Raspberry Pi that Includes ASL <>Analog Bridge<> MMDVM Bridge. Can I add another Private node in my existing ASL (Maybe 1998), and then add a second instance of Analog Bridge and MMDVM Bridge then install Lame and ezstream to send a DMR talk group to Broadcastify?  Does that sound like the best way?

Steve
K4KSA

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

All,

I currently run ASL<>DMR in a Raspberry Pi that Includes ASL <>Analog Bridge<> MMDVM Bridge. Can I add another Private node in my existing ASL (Maybe 1998), and then add a second instance of Analog Bridge and MMDVM Bridge then install Lame and ezstream to send a DMR talk group to Broadcastify?  Does that sound like the best way?

Steve
K4KSA

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Edited

I would modify USRP_Audio to print the PCM values to either stdout or a named pipe and then you should be able to use the Lame encoder just as ASL does.

Alexander DC5AJ

I would like to try it without ASL, something like: MMDVM_Bridge -> Analog_Bridge -> USRP_Audio ->Lame ->Ezstream . Can't figgure out a working solution, what is the best way to feed the audio from USRP_Audio into lame or oggenc ?

Alex
DC5AJ

K3CHB

thanks guys!

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 1:08 PM Jeff Lehman, KC8QCH <kc8qch@...> wrote:
You wouldn't even need to setup a public node if you didn't want to to use ASL. Set it up as a private node on your server and then viola.....no one could connect to the ASL node, but you would than have a dedicated audio stream and wouldn't even need to try to reconfigure AB or MMDVM to make it happen.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 12:47 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
See:
https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Broadcastify

--
Jeff Lehman, KC8QCH
E-mail: kc8qch@...

Webmaster
Hamilton County ARPSC
http://www.hamcoarpsc.org
E-mail: hamcoarpsc@...
Phone: 513-452-6480

Multimode System Administrator
World Wide Amateur Radio Guild
https://hamradiohub.com/
E-Mail: kc8qch@...

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

[...]

Jimmy,
I do it with MMDVM_Bridge -> Analog_Bridge -> AllStar -> broadcastify.

I don't see why it could not be done with MMDVM_Bridge -> Analog_Bridge -> USRP_Audio -> Broadcastify.
It would be a matter of understanding how the analog audio is process in ASL to send it to Broadcastify:
outstreamcmd = /bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8 --bitwidth 16 - - | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream.xml
it is like this:
MMDVM_Bridge -> Analog_Bridge -> USRP_Audio -> lame -> ezstream -> Broadcastify.

Hope this helps,
73, Steve N4IRS

On 4/22/2019 11:59 AM, Jimmy Capizzi wrote:
Hello, I am trying to set up an audio stream of our DMR talk group for the internet, does anyone have any information on this?

I am thinking this can be done with Analog_Bridge.

Thanks alot

Jimmy
K3CHB

K3CHB