No registration for peer 'callsign' error message


Walter
 

Trying to get DV switch working... followed the instructions to add the necessary lines to IAX.CONF and get the error message...

No registration for peer 'mycallsign' from (ip address)

Am I missing something?


Steve KC1AWV
 

Were you also able to add the context information into extensions.conf? There's two parts, one is in iax.conf for registration, the other is in extensions.conf for the context. 

Check this doc: https://www.hamvoip.org/iaxrpt-config.pdf for some pointers. It's for hamvoip but will help in a pinch for ASL as well. The DVSwitch Mobile directions are starting on page 6.

Steve KC1AWV

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 10:04 AM Walter <va3wjo@...> wrote:
Trying to get DV switch working... followed the instructions to add the necessary lines to IAX.CONF and get the error message...

No registration for peer 'mycallsign' from (ip address)

Am I missing something?



--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV


Steve KC1AWV
 


Here are my redacted settings you can use as a guide.

iax.conf

[iaxclient]        <- This goes in as Username in DVSwitch Mobile
type = friend
context = iax-client    <- This is the context used in extensions.conf  
auth = md5
secret = [Your Password Here]
host = dynamic
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
allow = adpcm
allow = gsm
transfer = no

extensions.conf

[iax-client]    <- This is the context name called from iax.conf
exten => ${NODE},1,Ringing
exten => ${NODE},n,Wait(3)
exten => ${NODE},n,Answer
exten => ${NODE},n,Set(NODENUM=${CALLERID(number)})
exten => ${NODE},n,Playback(rpt/node|noanswer)
exten => ${NODE},n,SayDigits(${EXTEN})
exten => ${NODE},n,Set(CALLERID(num)=0)
exten => ${NODE},n,Rpt,${NODE}|P|${CALLERID(name)}
exten => ${NODE},n,Hangup
exten => ${NODE},n(hangit),Answer
exten => ${NODE},n(hangit),Wait(1)
exten => ${NODE},n(hangit),Hangup

Remember to also reload/restart asterisk once the changes are made.

In DVSwitch Mobile, this is how I have the account set:


Walter
 

Hi Steve and thanks this was helpful... got me a little closer.

Now I get a error: Rejected connect attempt from 'ip address' request nodenumber@iax-client does not exist

In the app the node number appears in the dialer field. When I hit connect I see the above error on the node.

The app shows failure code '3' after the connect attempt.


Steve KC1AWV
 

This may be a silly question, but you are using your node number in the app, not mine, correct?

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 11:20 AM Walter <va3wjo@...> wrote:
Hi Steve and thanks this was helpful... got me a little closer.

Now I get a error: Rejected connect attempt from 'ip address' request nodenumber@iax-client does not exist

In the app the node number appears in the dialer field. When I hit connect I see the above error on the node.

The app shows failure code '3' after the connect attempt.



--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV


Walter
 

Steve, using my node number.
I found the issue.

The node number needed to be added in the IAX.CONF file.

Its mentiooned in this port: https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/Mobile/wiki/AllStarLink-setup-for-DVSwitch-Mobile

[globals]
NODE = 1999
Thanks for your help! All works now.


Steve KC1AWV
 

Aha! Well, glad to be of service.

73 de Steve KC1AWV

On Mon, May 20, 2019, 1:01 PM Walter <va3wjo@...> wrote:
Steve, using my node number.
I found the issue.

The node number needed to be added in the IAX.CONF file.

Its mentiooned in this port: https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/Mobile/wiki/AllStarLink-setup-for-DVSwitch-Mobile

[globals]
NODE = 1999
Thanks for your help! All works now.