ALLSTAR to DMR Bridge

Brett KB5YZB

My Allstar node's OS is in CentOS and I was told the DV switch is written in Debian and thus the libraries will not run and install on my system. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of DVswitch for CentOS?

Thanks
KB5YZB

Steve KC1AWV

Both CentOS and Debian are Linux systems, just different distributions. DVSwitch is built, designed, and supported with Debian systems, sure, but installing the components from scratch (source) on CentOS isn't that much different than doing the same on a Debian system.

You won't have the automated installer script like as you would with Debian. You will have to read the installer script and set up the programs manually using it as a guide. If nobody else here has a set of instructions for a CentOS install, give me a couple days (Til Saturday?) to come up with some for you.

Steve KC1AWV

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

Steve KC1AWV

Edited

I'm probably 35% done on the manual CentOS directions. You can probably ignore the vagrant part at the top, but I'm keeping track of all my steps in the doc for now so I don't lose my spot.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kK2eC0yJV62jUN3HxbpeUvS1ncwXROUmq6_BILddFpU/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone wants to contribute, please let me know.

--- I don't have the systemd scripts in the doc yet, this set of instructions is still in development. ---

Steve KC1AWV

Brett KB5YZB

thanks for the help Steve!

Brett KB5YZB

Steve KC1AWV

Hey, we're all in this together, right? :) I'm glad to help. The instructions as they're laid out right now will get you to a point where you can connect ASL to a DMR network. The components needed are AB, MB, and md380-emu. You may not need DMRGateway, recently I've been dropping it as a requirement in my deployments. If you need a hand on getting the systemd stuff going, let me know. You could also probably take a copy of the scripts used in the Debian distribution, since I set the folders and locations the same. Also missing is the scripts to get the DMR ID files. I'll work on that after lunch.

Steve KC1AWV

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 12:01 PM Brett.williams via Groups.Io <Brett.williams=sss.gov@groups.io> wrote:
thanks for the help Steve!

Brett KB5YZB

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

Brett KB5YZB

Steve, thanks for the help on this. so I'm ready to start with your instructions? If so I will give it a try and see if I can make it work tonight. If I run into problems; if I may, call you for guidance at your convenience....

Brett
KB5YZB

Brett KB5YZB

Steve, just checking back in; with what you provided can I move to try to install the bridge? I may need your help...But I will try first....:)

Thanks Steve.