“Blocked” from a hotspot?

Chris WB4ULK

I got a call from a friend last night. He said his buddy was getting the “Blocked” message.
The thing is, the guy is on a hotspot.
You guys ever heard of THAT?
Is there a delay you can set in PiStar?

I told him it might be his internet connection dropping in and out tripping it, but I have no idea.

Any thoughts?

Chris

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

That is a BrandMeister thing.  That means the network either detected him looping, key keyed up 5 times quickly, or his connection kept dropping constantly.

It auto in-blocks in a hour.

Corey n3fe

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 1:06 PM Chris WB4ULK via Groups.Io <chood73=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I got a call from a friend last night. He said his buddy was getting the “Blocked” message.
The thing is, the guy is on a hotspot.
You guys ever heard of THAT?
Is there a delay you can set in PiStar?

I told him it might be his internet connection dropping in and out tripping it, but I have no idea.

Any thoughts?

Chris

Chris WB4ULK

Yeah, I am suspicious of the dropping connection.
I just wanted to make sure there was no delay setting somewhere in PiStar like in the Bridge software.

Thanks Corey,
Chris

Mike KB8JNM

There is a min tx time in the pistar software under the advanced/dmr if you look for it and know it is the problem.

But I would advise against adjusting parameters from the default unless you clearly know better.

2 or 3 wireless connections (if it's on wireless) and you can have errors from the packet collisions.

Many other network things can create a issue like that and give the appearance of short keying.