ysf2dmr Network watchdog has expired

Dexter Harroo

Hi all, I had ysf2dmr successfully running on my system, today I have Network watchdog has expired when transmission is made, can anyone shed some light on this issue hopefully a fix?

Steve KC1AWV

The YSF2DMR program is not part of DVSwitch, it is a separate program developed by someone else. Not sure if you'll get much help here for it. However, from previous experience with other network watchdog issues, I would first check to make sure YSF2DMR is not trying to use ports that are in use by other programs.

Dexter Harroo

Thanks for your response, will check ports

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 11:42 AM Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:
The YSF2DMR program is not part of DVSwitch, it is a separate program developed by someone else. Not sure if you'll get much help here for it. However, from previous experience with other network watchdog issues, I would first check to make sure YSF2DMR is not trying to use ports that are in use by other programs.

--
9Y4C
Dexter Harroo

Heiko DL1BZ

YSF2DMR and other conversation tools are part of this: https://github.com/juribeparada/MMDVM_CM from Andy, CA6JAU (he's also the firmware-developer of MMDVM_HS for the hotspots). I think you should contact him because your problem.
It is possible to do the same with the mmdvm_bridge. I prefer the mmdvm_bridge solution, because with YSF2DMR i had a little trouble too. If it runs for a longer time, the connection drops with YSF2DMR and don't came back until if I restart YSF2DMR. With mmdvm_bridge I cannot see this problem, it's more stable (with my environment).

73 Heiko, DL1BZ

Dexter Harroo

Hello Heiko, Will you be so kind as to assist me with setting this up

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 3:42 AM Heiko DL1BZ <dg2dra@...> wrote:
YSF2DMR and other conversation tools are part of this: https://github.com/juribeparada/MMDVM_CM from Andy, CA6JAU (he's also the firmware-developer of MMDVM_HS for the hotspots). I think you should contact him because your problem.
It is possible to do the same with the mmdvm_bridge. I prefer the mmdvm_bridge solution, because with YSF2DMR i had a little trouble too. If it runs for a longer time, the connection drops with YSF2DMR and don't came back until if I restart YSF2DMR. With mmdvm_bridge I cannot see this problem, it's more stable (with my environment).

73 Heiko, DL1BZ

--
9Y4C
Dexter Harroo

Heiko DL1BZ

Edited

Please follow the example you can find here in wiki: https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/wiki/Bridge-DMR-to-YSF-Narrow
You need to have attention in DVSwitch.ini:
TXPort -> RXPort
RXPort <- TXPort
between stanzas.

Here the important parts from my config DVSwitch.ini :

; Configure the DMR Partner
; Audio format is AMBE 72 bit
[DMR]
Address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
TXPort = 39110                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 39113                  ; Port to listen on (import)
Slot = 2                        ; Export slot

; Configure the Yaesu Fusion Partner
; Audio format is IMBE 88 bit
[YSF]
TXPort = 39113                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 39110                  ; Port to listen on (import)
FallbackID = 123456             ; In case we can not find a valid DMR id in the database, export this one
ExportTG = 70000                ; Which TG to export

You only need one instance of mmdvm_bridge. DMR<->YSF-N don't need transcoding, only conversation - so analog_bridge is not required. Replace the port numbers with ports you want to use (depends on your system).

73 Heiko, DL1BZ

Dexter Harroo

Thanks very much Heiko

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 6:33 AM Heiko DL1BZ <dg2dra@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Please follow the example you can find here in wiki: https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/wiki/Bridge-DMR-to-YSF-Narrow
You need to have attention in DVSwitch.ini:
TXPort -> RXPort
RXPort <- TXPort
between stanzas.

Here the important parts from my config DVSwitch.ini :

; Configure the DMR Partner
[DMR]
TXPort = 39110                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 39113                  ; Port to listen on (import)

; Configure the Yaesu Fusion Partner
; Audio format is IMBE 88 bit
[YSF]
TXPort = 39113                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 39110                  ; Port to listen on (import)
FallbackID = 123456             ; In case we can not find a valid DMR id in the database, export this one
ExportTG = 70000                ; Which TG to export

You only need one instance of mmdvm_bridge. DMR<->YSF-N don't need transcoding, only conversation - so analog_bridge is not required. Replace the port numbers with ports you want to use (depends on your system).

73 Heiko, DL1BZ

--
9Y4C
Dexter Harroo