HBlink rules.py

Carlos Minguela

Hi, a group of friends are unifying platforms which we have. So far we have managed to unify some of the platforms but others have not. With success we have managed to see that all HBlink accepts them as peers. But when mixing them some only receive audio but do not transmit. Attached I send you how we have configured the rules in case you can identify the possible error in them:

BRIDGES = {
    'BRIDGES': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'MASTER',     'TS': 2, 'TGID': 4004,    'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 10, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'XLX215-D',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 4004,    'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2,  'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [],     'OFF': [],         'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'XLX215-D',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9,       'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2,  'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [],     'OFF': [],         'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'MASTER',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 33015, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},            
            {'SYSTEM': 'TG33015',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 33015, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},       
            {'SYSTEM': 'MASTER',     'TS': 2, 'TGID': 7225,    'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 10, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'ARG-TGIF',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 7225,    'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2,  'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [],     'OFF': [],         'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'TG7225',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 7225,    'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2,  'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [],     'OFF': [],         'RESET': []},           
        ]
}

These connections are fixed and we only want to use HBlink as a bridge of all the platforms. There are no connections to it from users since we only want to unify.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give us. 73 de KP4CA.

Heiko DL1BZ

I think your setup is not possible. You have 3 times 'MASTER' - all in slot2 - as a peer. But only one connection at the same time is possible on each slot on the same peer. With the XLX the same problem. Only OpenBridge protocol can handle multiple connections on the same slot - peers cannot.
You need to rebuild the bridges or you define 3 different peer connection for master and 2 different peer connection for XLX and then bring all together.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ

Carlos Minguela

Hi Heiko, first of all, thank you for answering my question. Actually I am trying to understand how Open Bridge works. If it is not too much trouble, could you give me 2 examples of how we can join 2 Brandmeisters TG with Open Bridge and without Open Bridge? Thanks in advance.

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

In openbridge bm sends whatever talkgroup you request to timeslot 1.  Multiple talkgroups can come across that stream at the same time.  I have many of these connected to bm3102 so on your rules you would just define 3102-OB in the rule section that connect to bm and if it wasn’t a bm talkgroup you wouldn’t put the in that section of the rules.

Corey n3fe

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 11:12 AM Carlos Minguela via Groups.Io <minguela=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Heiko, first of all, thank you for answering my question. Actually I am trying to understand how Open Bridge works. If it is not too much trouble, could you give me 2 examples of how we can join 2 Brandmeisters TG with Open Bridge and without Open Bridge? Thanks in advance.

Here are 2 examples.  This is a OB connection to BM 3102 for the Mental Ward talkgroup 31665 and I change the talkgroup to 65 on my side.

'MentalWard': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'N3FE_WORK',   'TS': 2, 'TGID': 65,    'ACTIVE': True,  'TIMEOUT': 30, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [65,], 'OFF': [4000], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'N3FE_HOME',   'TS': 2, 'TGID': 65,    'ACTIVE': True,  'TIMEOUT': 30, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [65,], 'OFF': [4000], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'N3FE46',      'TS': 1, 'TGID': 65,    'ACTIVE': False, 'TIMEOUT': 15, 'TO_TYPE': 'ON',    'ON': [65,], 'OFF': [4000], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'N3FE91',      'TS': 1, 'TGID': 65,    'ACTIVE': False, 'TIMEOUT': 15, 'TO_TYPE': 'ON',    'ON': [65,], 'OFF': [4000], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'BM3102',        'TS': 1, 'TGID': 31665, 'ACTIVE': True,  'TIMEOUT': 2,  'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [,], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []}
        ],

Here is just a simple talkgroup 2 not connected to bm.

'NORPA': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'N3FE_WORK',   'TS': 2, 'TGID': 2,    'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 30, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [2,], 'OFF': [4000], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'N3FE_HOME',   'TS': 2, 'TGID': 2,    'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 30, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [2,], 'OFF': [4000], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'N3FE46',      'TS': 2, 'TGID': 2,    'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 15, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [2,], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'N3FE91',      'TS': 2, 'TGID': 2,    'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 15, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [2,], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []}
        ],

Corey  N3FE

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 11:12 AM Carlos Minguela via Groups.Io <minguela=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Carlos Minguela

Thank you very much Corey.  This exactly what I need to understand how to configure with and without OB.  

Carlos
KP4CA

Glad I could help!

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 12:30 PM Carlos Minguela via Groups.Io <minguela=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thank you very much Corey.  This exactly what I need to understand how to configure with and without OB.  

Carlos
KP4CA

Carlos Minguela

Hello, I have been trying to make openbridge works without success.  Thanks to the all replies in the thread, I understand the rules parts.  But the part of the connection to BM is still missing on my part.  Here is the stanza that I made to connect.   If something is missing please let me know.  

[BM3108]
MODE: OPENBRIDGE
ENABLED: True
IP:
PORT: 62031
NETWORK_ID: 330500450
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
TARGET_IP: 64.94.238.196
TARGET_PORT: 62035
USE_ACL: True
SUB_ACL: DENY:1
TGID_ACL: PERMIT:ALL

I have changing different ports. Used equal ports and nothing. I do not see in Brandmeister's part that he is registering my ID and I understand that that is part of the problem. Thanks for any help provided.

Carlos
KP4CA

Steve N4IRS

Carlos,
You might get a better answer in the OpenBridge subgroup.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Carlos Minguela via Groups.Io <minguela@...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:54:05 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] HBlink rules.py

Hello, I have been trying to make openbridge works without success.  Thanks to the all replies in the thread, I understand the rules parts.  But the part of the connection to BM is still missing on my part.  Here is the stanza that I made to connect.   If something is missing please let me know.  

[BM3108]
IP:

I have changing different ports. Used equal ports and nothing. I do not see in Brandmeister's part that he is registering my ID and I understand that that is part of the problem. Thanks for any help provided.

Carlos
KP4CA

Curt Hart <curtg49@...>

If you have established an open bridge with BM the correct port id 62035 and should be the password they assigned you, not passw0rd.
The ID with 50 at the end is correct.

Hope this helps,
Curtis

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:54:07 AM CDT, Carlos Minguela via Groups.Io <minguela@...> wrote:

[BM3108]
IP:

Carlos
KP4CA

I am looking in the 3018 master now and there is NO configuration for you in the system.  Did you contact us with a support ticket? 

I can tell you right now the answer is no because we would never use that password and the only OB connection we have do not start with a 330 number.

Corey  N3FE

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 12:05 PM Curt Hart via Groups.Io <curtg49=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you have established an open bridge with BM the correct port id 62035 and should be the password they assigned you, not passw0rd.

Hope this helps,
Curtis

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:54:07 AM CDT, Carlos Minguela via Groups.Io <minguela=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[BM3108]
IP:

Carlos
KP4CA

THe other think you will need when submitting a ticket is each talkgroup you want routed to you.  It is not wide open like a user/repeater connection.

Corey

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 12:22 PM Corey Dean N3FE via Groups.Io <n3fe=repeater.net@groups.io> wrote:
I am looking in the 3018 master now and there is NO configuration for you in the system.  Did you contact us with a support ticket? 

I can tell you right now the answer is no because we would never use that password and the only OB connection we have do not start with a 330 number.

Corey  N3FE

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 12:05 PM Curt Hart via Groups.Io <curtg49=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hope this helps,
Curtis

On Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 10:54:07 AM CDT, Carlos Minguela via Groups.Io <minguela=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[BM3108]
IP:

Carlos
KP4CA

Carlos Minguela

Oh, thanks!!!!! I didn't know that to use openbridge I had to contact BM to configure the TG's.  I thought that all the configuration was made on my side.  I am using HBlink and HBmonitor with a few TG and I was thinking in experiment with OB, so now I think is no need to. 

Thanks for the time and information.

Carlos
KP4CA 

Carlos Minguela

Hi Corey:

I just submit a ticket making the request.

Thanks