Two YSF Reflectors

David - AK2L

I have just discovered this software and joined this group.

I have two YSF reflectors.  They reside on separate servers on separate networks.  I would like to connect them so that all traffic from one is replicated on the other.

Can I do that with the DVSwitch suite of programs?  If so, please point me at the starting point.

Thank you.

David, AK2L

Steve N4IRS

David,
Yes you can. You will need two instances of MMDVM_Bridge. Your flow dioagram will look like this:
YSFReflector_1 <-> MMDVM_Bridge_1 <-> MMDVM_Bridge_2 <-> YSFReflector_2

73, Steve N4IRS

On 6/27/19 2:20 PM, David wrote:

I have just discovered this software and joined this group.

I have two YSF reflectors.  They reside on separate servers on separate networks.  I would like to connect them so that all traffic from one is replicated on the other.

Can I do that with the DVSwitch suite of programs?  If so, please point me at the starting point.

Thank you.

David, AK2L

David - AK2L

Thanks Steve.

Your posting #4133 of June 10 has a lot of information.

Since this requires two bridges, and each bridge cannot transfer the same format, should DMR be used as an intermediate format?  (Or am I missing the picture entirely?)

David, AK2L

Jun 10

Jun 10

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

What two. Etwirjs are they connected to currently?

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 4:23 PM David <ak2l.radio@...> wrote:

I have just discovered this software and joined this group.

I have two YSF reflectors.  They reside on separate servers on separate networks.  I would like to connect them so that all traffic from one is replicated on the other.

Can I do that with the DVSwitch suite of programs?  If so, please point me at the starting point.

Thank you.

David, AK2L

Steve N4IRS

David,
I think you misunderstood what I said in 4133. A single MMDVM_Bridge can only handle instance of YSF. 2 bridges "cross connected" can handle passing traffic between 2 reflectors. You will connect the YSF TX port on bridge 1 to the YSF RX port on bridge 2. And vice versa.

Steve

On 6/27/19 5:39 PM, David wrote:
Thanks Steve.

Your posting #4133 of June 10 has a lot of information.

Since this requires two bridges, and each bridge cannot transfer the same format, should DMR be used as an intermediate format?  (Or am I missing the picture entirely?)

David, AK2L

Jun 10

Jun 10

David - AK2L

Edited

Steve,

OK.  I thought the bridge converted one format to another, but could not connect two of the same thing, hence my question about an intermediate format.

You are saying that it does not convert as such -- it's just that it cannot have YSF on both sides?

I guess I need to figure out what the INI files will look like and then it will be clearer.

David

Steve N4IRS

MMDVM_Bridge does convert the "foreign network" in this case YSF to it's own internal format called TLV. You will have 2 instances of MMDVM_Bridge. Each instance connected to it's respective reflector. The crossover will be done in the respective DVSwitch.ini

MMDVM_Bridge_1:
[YSF]
Address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
TXPort = 35100                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 35103                  ; Port to listen on (import)
FallbackID = 1234567            ; In case we can not find a valid DMR id in the database, export this one
ExportTG = 1234                 ; Which TG to export
Slot = 2                        ; Export slot

MMDVM_Bridge_2
[YSF]
Address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
TXPort = 35103                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 35100                  ; Port to listen on (import)

On 6/27/19 6:16 PM, David wrote:
Steve,

OK.  I thought the bridge converted one format to another, but could not connect two of the same thing, hence my question about an intermediate format.

You are saying that it does not convert as such -- it's just that it cannot have YSF on both sides?

I guess I need to figure out what the INI files will look like and that it will be clearer.

David

David - AK2L

I just configured two (local) YSF reflectors for testing.

One is at 192.168.1.109, port 42000 and the other is at 192.168.1.112, port 42001.  (The ports are different so I could move the test outside of the firewall at some point.)

Where do I specify the reflectors' IP addresses and ports?

Thanks.

David

Steve N4IRS

In MMDVM_Bridge.ini

On 7/2/19 1:48 AM, David wrote:
I just configured two (local) YSF reflectors for testing.

One is at 192.168.1.109, port 42000 and the other is at 192.168.1.112, port 42001.  (The ports are different so I could move the test outside of the firewall at some point.)

Where do I specify the reflectors' IP addresses and ports?

Thanks.

David

David - AK2L

Where do the port numbers -- 42000/42001 -- go?

The example MMDVM_Bridge.ini on github has no sections titled "[YSF]".  Are they to be added as in your example in this thread?

You mentioned a flow diagram of:
YSFReflector_1 <-> MMDVM_Bridge_1 <-> MMDVM_Bridge_2 <-> YSFReflector_2

And you wrote "The crossover will be done in the respective DVSwitch.ini".  How does DVSwitch relate to the flow diagram?

Can the two instances of MMDVM_Bridge reside on one reflector, or is each reflector getting its own copy?

Steve N4IRS

On 7/2/2019 2:39 PM, David wrote:
Where do the port numbers -- 42000/42001 -- go?
In the [System Fusion Network] stanza of each MMDVM_Bridge.ini

The example MMDVM_Bridge.ini on github has no sections titled "[YSF]".  Are they to be added as in your example in this thread?

You mentioned a flow diagram of:
YSFReflector_1 <-> MMDVM_Bridge_1 <-> MMDVM_Bridge_2 <-> YSFReflector_2

And you wrote "The crossover will be done in the respective DVSwitch.ini".  How does DVSwitch relate to the flow diagram?
DVSwitch.ini controls the port numbers each copy of MMDVM_Bridge uses to communicate with the other copy of MMDVM_Bridge
It relates here
MMDVM_Bridge_1 <-> MMDVM_Bridge_2
                                      ^

Can the two instances of MMDVM_Bridge reside on one reflector, or is each reflector getting its own copy?
Everything can be on one host.

David - AK2L

Thanks Steve.

You skipped a question...

The example MMDVM_Bridge.ini on github has no sections titled "[YSF]".  Are they to be added as in your example in this thread?

Steve N4IRS

[System Fusion Network]

On 7/2/2019 2:57 PM, David wrote:
Thanks Steve.

You skipped a question...

The example MMDVM_Bridge.ini on github has no sections titled "[YSF]".  Are they to be added as in your example in this thread?

David - AK2L

Please give me an example of what DVSwitch.ini would contain.

Thank you.