HBmonitor and XLXPEERS support

SP2ONG Waldek

Hi,

As an attachment, you can find my simple patch to original HBmonitor  which allow display XLXPEERS link in HBmonitor

73 Waldek

EA5GVK Joaquin

Ok, well work. Fantastic.
Many thanks

El vie., 26 jul. 2019 a las 10:33, Waldek SP2ONG (<sp2ong@...>) escribió:
Hi,

As an attachment, you can find my simple patch to original HBmonitor  which allow display XLXPEERS link in HBmonitor

73 Waldek

EA4GAX - Sergio

Great!! Good job. It interesting, I'll test It.
Thank you.

Steve N4IRS

Would this not be better as a pull request and in the HBlink subgroup?

On 7/26/19 4:33 AM, Waldek SP2ONG wrote:
Hi,

As an attachment, you can find my simple patch to original HBmonitor  which allow display XLXPEERS link in HBmonitor

73 Waldek

SP2ONG Waldek

Steve,

I have put this info in the generall discussion because HBmonitor is always controversial ;-)

I am not an advanced programmer and I don't know that Cort will accept this patch.

I have put patched HBMonitor in my fork:

https://github.com/sp2ong/HBmonitor

Steve N4IRS

You won't know until you try submitting the patch.

On 7/26/19 6:10 AM, Waldek SP2ONG wrote:
Steve,

I have put this info in the generall discussion because HBmonitor is always controversial ;-)

I am not an advanced programmer and I don't know that Cort will accept this patch.

I have put patched HBMonitor in my fork:

https://github.com/sp2ong/HBmonitor

SP2ONG Waldek

but still is not solved problem with one frame send from XLX to HBLink after finish transmission users

https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/HBlink/topic/32158218#442

This problem with the last UDP frame from XLX will remain a red background on the XLX status link in HBmon.

I try to understand xlx sources with mmdvm protocol where we can disable send this but at current it is for me is to the difficult task
https://github.com/LX3JL/xlxd/blob/master/src/cdmrmmdvmprotocol.cpp

According to my personal opinion, hbmonitor is a very important and useful tool for monitoring HBlink, for people who do not know HBlink well internally and are not able to analyze hblink logs

SP2ONG Waldek

Ok Steve,

I have creted request on github HBmonitor to review this  patch

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

I’ve given up trying to get people to not use HBmonitor and instead build something better. If I were going to freak out over the HBmonitor stuff, I’d have done so long before now. Steve is right, this is how open source software works. Contributing genuine improvements back is what the GPL is all about.

Just please, all I ask is that you look carefully at how any changes you make will affect the rest of the code – for example, say you don’t use Master systems or OBP… try to ensure your update to the peer code doesn’t break masters or OBPs.

NOTHING makes me happier than you guys contributing back. Nothing makes me more frustrated than you making a good update and not contributing it back. Advanced programmer? Come on. I’m not even a novice programmer and you all use my code :) :)

0x49 DE N0MJS

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501

Steve N4IRS

I do not see the pull request on https://github.com/n0mjs710/HBmonitor

On 7/26/2019 6:36 AM, Waldek SP2ONG wrote:
Ok Steve,

I have creted request on github HBmonitor to review this  patch

SP2ONG Waldek

I have created an "issue" with link to this patch but Cort closed this "issue" and requests to create a pull request. I can not do this because in my fork HBmonitor  I have more add changes which I would not send as a patch because are under testing. So if anybody wants help to add my patch to Cort GitHub code HBmonitor it will be welcome.

73 Waldek

Steve KC1AWV

If nobody else jumps on making the PR, I can do that today. I'm also going to look at a python 3 rewrite if anyone is interested.

Steve KC1AWV

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019, 12:06 PM Waldek SP2ONG <sp2ong@...> wrote:
I have created an "issue" with link to this patch but Cort closed this "issue" and requests to create a pull request. I can not do this because in my fork HBmonitor  I have more add changes which I would not send as a patch because are under testing. So if anybody wants help to add my patch to Cort GitHub code HBmonitor it will be welcome.

73 Waldek

SP2ONG Waldek

Steve KC1AWV

Thank you for help. Yes, it will be an interesting port to python3,   Python 2.7 will not be maintained past 2020.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 09:35 AM, Steve KC1AWV wrote:
If nobody else jumps on making the PR, I can do that today. I'm also going to look at a python 3 rewrite if anyone is interested.

Steve KC1AWV

PR submitted.

Since my car will be at the mechanic this weekend, I'll have some time to take a stab at porting HBmonitor to python 3.

Steve KC1AWV

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 12:43 PM Waldek SP2ONG <sp2ong@...> wrote:
Steve KC1AWV

Thank you for help. Yes, it will be an interesting port to python3,   Python 2.7 will not be maintained past 2020.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 09:35 AM, Steve KC1AWV wrote:
If nobody else jumps on making the PR, I can do that today. I'm also going to look at a python 3 rewrite if anyone is interested.

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

SP2ONG Waldek

Steve

The pull requested need corrections

https://github.com/n0mjs710/HBmonitor/pull/4/commits/1ff7117a51fdf4f55e592cb97ff0f6aeb68da75e

all rows below else: need add <TAB> in lines:

_stats_table['PEERS'][_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_SENT'] = _config[_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_SENT']
_stats_table['PEERS'][_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_ACKD'] = _config[_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_ACKD']
_stats_table['PEERS'][_hbp]['STATS']['CONNECTED'] = since(_config[_hbp]['STATS']['CONNECTED'])

Steve KC1AWV

Thanks, I forgot about that indentation! I'll update in a few.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 2:53 PM Waldek SP2ONG <sp2ong@...> wrote:
Steve

The pull requested need corrections

https://github.com/n0mjs710/HBmonitor/pull/4/commits/1ff7117a51fdf4f55e592cb97ff0f6aeb68da75e

all rows below else: need add <TAB> in lines:

_stats_table['PEERS'][_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_SENT'] = _config[_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_SENT']
_stats_table['PEERS'][_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_ACKD'] = _config[_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_ACKD']
_stats_table['PEERS'][_hbp]['STATS']['CONNECTED'] = since(_config[_hbp]['STATS']['CONNECTED'])

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Hey everyone, please use soft tabs (4 spaces) and never actually use the tab character when working on these files!

Thanks,
0x49 DE N0MJS

On Jul 26, 2019, at 2:03 PM, Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:

Thanks, I forgot about that indentation! I'll update in a few.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 2:53 PM Waldek SP2ONG <sp2ong@...> wrote:
Steve

The pull requested need corrections

https://github.com/n0mjs710/HBmonitor/pull/4/commits/1ff7117a51fdf4f55e592cb97ff0f6aeb68da75e

all rows below else: need add <TAB> in lines:

_stats_table['PEERS'][_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_SENT'] = _config[_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_SENT']
_stats_table['PEERS'][_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_ACKD'] = _config[_hbp]['STATS']['PINGS_ACKD']
_stats_table['PEERS'][_hbp]['STATS']['CONNECTED'] = since(_config[_hbp]['STATS']['CONNECTED'])

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

Steve KC1AWV

New PR on github to fix a typo I overlooked on line 213. Also removed a \t at the end of the same line.

Also, porting from python 2 to 3 is breaking. Twisted gives a 500 response, Request did not return bytes, and "Bad request" when trying to view the page. Still working on these issues.

Steve KC1AWV

Joe Hussey

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 6:37 PM Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:
New PR on github to fix a typo I overlooked on line 213. Also removed a \t at the end of the same line.

Also, porting from python 2 to 3 is breaking. Twisted gives a 500 response, Request did not return bytes, and "Bad request" when trying to view the page. Still working on these issues.

Steve KC1AWV

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Bytes objects were the biggest issue porting untils and HBlink. They’re frustrating.