Topics

USPR and GPIO (4 wire analog interface) to P25 #mmdvm_bridge #analog_bridge

Hi,
I was wondering if there is any progress in using analog audio with (PTT and COS via a Pi GPIO) _> USPR --- analog bridge -- P25 MMDVM Gateway.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Currently using a MMDVM hotspot - P25 radio to Analog 4 wire E+M circuit I'm sure this can be achieved with DVSwitch and P25 Gateway via USPR.
Thanks
Tim
VK3TIM

To answer my own question and in case anyone else is interested I have successfully implemented this idea using Allstar node with 2x nodes first node is using modified Pi GPIO SimpleUSB driver and  second node is USRP to Analog Bridge to P25 Gateway - (In fact any digital modes to Analog Bridge) now to setup a User front end to control the modes via a web-page....
Or can this be done using DTMF to Allstar nodes....
Cheers
VK3TIM

Steve N4IRS

Tim,
Can you share more info on what you have done? I think we may have some drivers you might want to look at. Join us at <https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/DVSwitch-ASL> where we are customizing ASL for DVSwitch.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 1/23/20 7:04 AM, Tim VK3TIM wrote:
To answer my own question and in case anyone else is interested I have successfully implemented this idea using Allstar node with 2x nodes first node is using modified Pi GPIO SimpleUSB driver and  second node is USRP to Analog Bridge to P25 Gateway - (In fact any digital modes to Analog Bridge) now to setup a User front end to control the modes via a web-page....
Or can this be done using DTMF to Allstar nodes....
Cheers
VK3TIM

Hi Steve,
I have a  ASL node setup with
"First node" using the modified simpleusb drivers " I think you may have originally setup ASL_GPIO_Master" that was later forked (https://github.com/KG7QIN/ASL_GPIO) .
This allows the use of Pi GPIOs for the analog PTT and COS audio via a CM108 sound card -"4 wire E&M." - "I use a customised Pi Hat for this."
"Second node" is using USRP to Analog Bridge.
"First node" Using DTMF scripts in ASL for the *Tune.sh commands for the Mode change and the TG changes much similar to your original DVswitch approach with multiple .ini files.
At this stage all seems to be working well.
I did notice when activating a "mode" change command that the analog bridge service had to be restarted three times in the script when making the changes to the analog_bridge.ini  copying them to temp and then copying back to the opt/Analog_bridge directory or it would sometimes get stuck - This also happened to me on the original USRP controls using DVswitch (it also meant that with every "mode" change I had to register again but that didn't worry me.)
- What i am looking into now is a user dashboard to see what the Modes and Talkgroups are actually on visually and possibly  audio commands back over the "First Node"

(I think I am already in that group will take a look.)
Thanks for all your great work.
Tim
VK3TIM

Steve N4IRS