DVSwitch

Walter Holmes K5WH

Steve,

If I am understanding DVSwitch correctly, it appears there may be a couple ways to do some things from what I have seen.

I am specifically looking for the simplest way to bridge a DMR talkgroup to a YSF reflector.

Is there a way to run the MMDVM_Bridge separately?  Or something else?

Or do you have to install the DVSwitch software as a base, before the bridge or other components can be used?

Many thanks for all the great work you’re doing with this.

Walter/K5WH

All you need is mmdvm_bridge and this guide:

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 6:54 PM Walter Holmes K5WH <walterh@...> wrote:

Steve,

If I am understanding DVSwitch correctly, it appears there may be a couple ways to do some things from what I have seen.

I am specifically looking for the simplest way to bridge a DMR talkgroup to a YSF reflector.

Is there a way to run the MMDVM_Bridge separately?  Or something else?

Or do you have to install the DVSwitch software as a base, before the bridge or other components can be used?

Many thanks for all the great work you’re doing with this.

Walter/K5WH

As root
cd /tmp

wget http://dvswitch.org/install-dvswitch-repo
chmod +x install-dvswitch-repo
./install-dvswitch-repo
apt-get update

apt-get install mmdvm-bridge
then go by the guide for ini.
https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/wiki/Bridge-DMR-to-YSF-Narrow
systemctl enable mmdvm_bridge
systemctl start mmdvm_bridge
if you need to see the logs:
cd /var/log/mmdvm

for the most recent log file in that folder and sub the name for the *

tail -f "*.log"

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 1:48 PM Russell, KV4S via Groups.Io <russelljthomas=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
All you need is mmdvm_bridge and this guide:

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 6:54 PM Walter Holmes K5WH <walterh@...> wrote:

Steve,

If I am understanding DVSwitch correctly, it appears there may be a couple ways to do some things from what I have seen.

I am specifically looking for the simplest way to bridge a DMR talkgroup to a YSF reflector.

Is there a way to run the MMDVM_Bridge separately?  Or something else?

Or do you have to install the DVSwitch software as a base, before the bridge or other components can be used?

Many thanks for all the great work you’re doing with this.

Walter/K5WH

Walter Holmes K5WH

Many thanks for that Russell.

I think I see in the file where to put the DMR talkgroup, which appears to be the ExportTG field.

But where do I put the YSF Reflector name/number?

[YSF]

Address = 127.0.0.1      ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)

TXPort = 31103             ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)

RXPort = 31100             ; Port to listen on (import)

FallbackID = 1234567   ; In case we can not find a valid DMR id in the database, export this one

ExportTG = 1234           ; Which TG to export

Slot = 2                          ; Export slot

Thnaks,

Walter/K5WH

All you need is mmdvm_bridge and this guide:

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 6:54 PM Walter Holmes K5WH <walterh@...> wrote:

Steve,

If I am understanding DVSwitch correctly, it appears there may be a couple ways to do some things from what I have seen.

I am specifically looking for the simplest way to bridge a DMR talkgroup to a YSF reflector.

Is there a way to run the MMDVM_Bridge separately?  Or something else?

Or do you have to install the DVSwitch software as a base, before the bridge or other components can be used?

Many thanks for all the great work you’re doing with this.

Walter/K5WH

that is located in the  MMDVM_Bridge.ini in the same folder.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 2:10 PM Walter Holmes K5WH <walterh@...> wrote:

[...]

[System Fusion Network]
Enable=1
LocalAddress=0
LocalPort=3200
GatewayAddress=ysfreflector.dvswitch.org
GatewayPort=42166
Debug=0

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 2:30 PM Russell Thomas <russelljthomas@...> wrote:
[...]

note you may need to log into the brandmeister.network for the repeater id you used and make the talkgroup static.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 2:31 PM Russell, KV4S via Groups.Io <russelljthomas=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Ahh, gotcha…

I failed to notice that the GatewayAddress=ysfreflector.dvswitch.org line, as that needs to point to my YSFreflector address.

Thanks a ton for the help on that..

Walter/K5WH

All you need is mmdvm_bridge and this guide:

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 6:54 PM Walter Holmes K5WH <walterh@...> wrote:

Steve,

If I am understanding DVSwitch correctly, it appears there may be a couple ways to do some things from what I have seen.

I am specifically looking for the simplest way to bridge a DMR talkgroup to a YSF reflector.

Is there a way to run the MMDVM_Bridge separately?  Or something else?

Or do you have to install the DVSwitch software as a base, before the bridge or other components can be used?

Many thanks for all the great work you’re doing with this.

Walter/K5WH

K4VL

I'm new to this so indulge me.
How do I get a YSF reflector address?
What port do I use?
Do I need to redirect that port in my router to my Pi?

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 3:28 PM Walter Holmes K5WH <walterh@...> wrote:

[...]

Did I miss something in the process?

apt-get install mmdvm-bridge

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

E: Unable to locate package mmdvm-bridge

Walter/K5WH

for the most recent log file in that folder and sub the name for the *

tail -f "*.log"

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 1:48 PM Russell, KV4S via Groups.Io <russelljthomas=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

All you need is mmdvm_bridge and this guide:

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 6:54 PM Walter Holmes K5WH <walterh@...> wrote:

Steve,

If I am understanding DVSwitch correctly, it appears there may be a couple ways to do some things from what I have seen.

I am specifically looking for the simplest way to bridge a DMR talkgroup to a YSF reflector.

Is there a way to run the MMDVM_Bridge separately?  Or something else?

Or do you have to install the DVSwitch software as a base, before the bridge or other components can be used?

Many thanks for all the great work you’re doing with this.

Walter/K5WH

Eric-K6KWB

you can go here:
https://register.ysfreflector.de

Walter Holmes K5WH

I finally hacked through it, and it all looks like it’s all working as designed.  😊

Many thanks for all the great help guys..

Walter/K5WH

[...]

Eric is correct you register for one from that link will put you in the database.
You build and host the reflector yourself and the database will verify it's connectable and assign the number once it can ping your server.
I've used this guide to build them:

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 5:15 PM K4VL <73dek4vl@...> wrote:
[...]

great news Walter! Enjoy!