hb_confbridge_rules.py wildcard TGID ....

I wonder if here is any way to  program a wildcard or passAll  in hb_confbridge_rules.py

I have my setup  3 rules ,

First branch  sends TG9TS2 to HB_Bridge   Analog_Bridge   AST

Second branch sends TG9991TS2  to HB_parrot

Third sends TG3027TS1 to BM Server .

I would like  to know if there is  a way to  send “all” TG on TS1 to BM server.

Something like a Wild card  ‘TGID’ : *,    instead of listing all possible  TGID ?????

That would need to  set an  ORDER  in   the hb_confbridge_rules.py files

So that  the wild card  is the last  entry ..... ( Catch All type )

If not in that version , can it be evaluated as a add on to a next version ..

Thanks

Richard VE2DJE

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

Matthew 2E0SIP

I will have a look at adding this in the coming days as I'd like similar functionality. I want a 'server' that acts purely as an echo / parrot service regardless of talk group, so people can test hotspots etc with minimal code plug edits, and without sending traffic to the networks.

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

I’ve been thinking about how to effectively do this for some time. It’s not as easy as you might think given the way the rules and confbridge work. Each line controls both ingress and egress behavior for a particular conference bridge. Right now I’ve been leaning on a few specially named conference bridges that have their own pre-defined behavior.

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501

Thanks Mathew  , from what I have experienced ,  hb_parrot.py will repeat  ANY TG/TS that it receives .

I tested  MMDVM  Client in hb_parrot.py as a  master and it  echoes every TG/TS it receives .

So if  you   put a hb_parrot.py  available  from outside ( NAT) , it  should be available  for any one to test it’s  MMDVM repeater or hotspot ...

Unless I am  wrong ......

Thanks also  to Cort . I am  aware it’s not a simple  add on to put in place ...

Richard

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

De : Matthew 2E0SIP
Envoyé le :vendredi 14 juillet 2017 16:52
À : DVSwitch@groups.io
Objet :Re: [DVSwitch] hb_confbridge_rules.py wildcard TGID ....

I will have a look at adding this in the coming days as I'd like similar functionality. I want a 'server' that acts purely as an echo / parrot service regardless of talk group, so people can test hotspots etc with minimal code plug edits, and without sending traffic to the networks.

Matthew 2E0SIP

Thanks Mathew  , from what I have experienced ,  hb_parrot.py will repeat  ANY TG/TS that it receives

Yes this is true, but I intend on running the traffic through conf bridge first.

73
Matthew
2E0SIP