ASL configures the USRP connection in rpt.conf:
In the node stanza

rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001; GNU Radio interface USRP

On 11/16/19 3:02 AM, Patrick Perdue wrote:

I have installed/configured DVSwitch on my Raspberry Pi 4 and pointed it at the local AMBEserver and remote USRP, but it seems that traffic isn't passing. Does ASL's USRP driver only listen on localhost by default? If so, where can I change this in ASL?

Otherwise, what did I break?

On 11/15/2019 5:47 PM, Patrick Perdue via Groups.Io wrote:

The power supply is 4A. Temperature is hanging out around 35 degrees C with active cooling.

On 11/15/2019 4:44 PM, Ernie Gm7kbk wrote:
Check your power supply it needs to be 2 amps or greater. Also Pi do not like the heat. Use cooling fan and heatsinks.

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Patrick Perdue <patrick@...>
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2019 8:43:09 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: [DVSwitch] Analog_Bridge stops bridging

Hi:

I have Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge running on a Debian Stretch VPS.
Analog_Bridge is connected to a remote DV3000 dongle hosted on a
Raspberry Pi at my house. Pings between my house and the

server average 3 ms, with higher spikes. The worst I see is 19 ms, but
that's not at all typical.

Sometimes, after Analog_Bridge has been running for some time, traffic
appears to stop bridging. There is no activity in the log indicating
that it is receiving or transmitting between MMDVM_Bridge and USRP. It
just stops, requiring a restart of A_B, which makes everything work again.

Sometimes, it can run like this for a day or two. Other times, it can
fall over in less than an hour.

I haven't figured out a pattern in the logs. At first, I thought it
might be short keys from Allstar, but it often just drops in the middle
of transmission, and it doesn't seem to matter what side of the bridge
is transmitting at the time. I have tried running it in the console and
as a daemon with the same result. Note: I'm using the version of
Analog_Bridge from the repository. Is this a known, fixed issue in the
latest build from github?

This didn't happen when I was using the md380-emu vocoder, as far as I
can remember. I had Analog_Bridge running solidly with no restarts for a
week.

For a while, I had Analog_Bridge restart four times a day on a Cron, but
that wasn't ideal, as it would sometimes break QSOs, and often, it fell
over between restarts, leaving large gaps of time when the bridge didn't
work if I didn't happen to be around. I haven't yet implemented a macro
so anyone can restart the bridge.

Has anyone else experienced this while using a remotely connected
DV3000? Would it be safer to run DVSwitch and the DV3000 locally, and
have it connect to USRP across the internet rather than having
Analog_Bridge connect to my DV3000 that way?

Patrick Perdue

Here is a full log. There are no entries when transmissions occur from either side of the bridge.

I could use the IP address rather than DNS for the remote machine, but I know from experience that DNS works, as I am currently using it to connect Analog_Bridge from the VPS to my remote AMBEserver in a somewhat working configuration.

I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.605 Analog Bridge Version 1.4.1 Mon Nov 11 19:06:12 UTC 2019
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.605 Copyright (C) 2018 DVSwitch, INAD.
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.605 Created by Mike N4IRR and Steve N4IRS
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.605 Analog Bridge comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.605
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.605 This software is for use on amateur radio networks only,
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.605 it is to be used for educational purposes only. Its use on
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.605 commercial networks is strictly prohibited.
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.605
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.606 Analog Bridge is starting
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.606 Setting [GENERAL] logLevel -> 2
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.606 Setting [GENERAL] subscriberFile -> /var/lib/dvswitch/subscriber_ids.csv
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.606 Setting [GENERAL] exportMetadata -> true
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.606 Setting [GENERAL] decoderFallBack -> true
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.606 Setting [GENERAL] useEmulator -> false
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.606 Setting [GENERAL] emulatorAddress -> 127.0.0.1:2470
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.606 Setting [AMBE_AUDIO] address -> xlx.borris.me
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.606 Setting [AMBE_AUDIO] txPort -> 31103
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.606 Setting [AMBE_AUDIO] rxPort -> 31100
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.606 Setting [AMBE_AUDIO] ambeMode -> DMR
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [AMBE_AUDIO] minTxTimeMS -> 2500
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [AMBE_AUDIO] gatewayDmrId -> 3138495
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [AMBE_AUDIO] repeaterID -> 3154444
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [AMBE_AUDIO] txTg -> 31679
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [AMBE_AUDIO] txTs -> 2
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [AMBE_AUDIO] colorCode -> 1
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [USRP] address -> xlx.borris.me
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [USRP] txPort -> 32001
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [USRP] rxPort -> 34001
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [USRP] usrpAudio -> AUDIO_UNITY
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [USRP] usrpGain -> 1.10
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [USRP] tlvAudio -> AUDIO_USE_BPF
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [USRP] tlvGain -> 0.20
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [DV3000] address -> 127.0.0.1
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Setting [DV3000] rxPort -> 2460
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Open UDP listener on xlx.borris.me:31100
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.607 Open USRP on xlx.borris.me:32001
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.608 Connecting to DV3000 hardware......
M: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.628 Begin DV3000 decode
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.981 Subscriber IDs loaded: 146118
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.981 Default extended metadata <KE4DYI>
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.981 Using hardware AMBE vocoder
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.983 Connected to USRP xlx.borris.me:32001
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.984 Starting USRP --> Analog_Bridge (encoder) -> TLV thread
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:22.984 Starting TLV --> Analog_Bridge (decoder) --> USRP thread
I: 2019-11-16 10:03:28.692 Signal 2 received, exiting Analog_Bridge

11/16/2019 3:44 AM, Peter M0NWI wrote:

Patrick,

You'll need to give people a little more to go on.  Can you post your config text files, and the output log from when you are trying to transmit?

Most of these type of issues seem to be around IP addresses or ports not being lined up through the pipeline of voice bridges, and packets dropping off the end.