Topics

Installing DVswitch server on RPI from scratch - Question

btp@...

Hi everyone
I'm trying to install DVS server from scratch on one of my PI's. Instead of using one of the available image with everything set up (immense work!) I want to learn. I know there's a pdf with step-by-step instructions but I think it's a little dated as some of the "wget...." commands to get for example ...dmr.ini gives a 404 error as if the files are not there. According to this I cant continue with the installation. It is my intuition (not knowledge) that that group of xxx.ini files are located some place else? Help/advice much appreciated as I cant go any further.
Thanks in advance
PS: the name of the document is DVSwitch 0725 updated on July 25 2019

Carlos Minguela

Edited

Hi, I was in the same situation last week.  I just fount how to make it works.  That tutorial you mention I found that is outdated.  Here is what I did:

cd /tmp

wget http://dvswitch.org/install-dvswitch-repo
chmod +x install-dvswitch-repo
./install-dvswitch-repo
apt-get update

apt-get install dvswitch

cd /opt/Analog_Bridge

****Download DVSwitch server files

wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/Analog_Bridge/raw/master/bin/Analog_Bridge.armhf
wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/Analog_Bridge/raw/master/dvsm.macro
wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/Analog_Bridge/raw/master/dvswitch.sh
wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/Analog_Bridge/raw/master/parrot.sh

rm Analog_Bridge
cp Analog_Bridge.armhf Analog_Bridge
rm Analog_Bridge.armhf

chmod +x Analog_Bridge
chmod +x dvsm.macro
chmod +x dvswitch.sh
chmod +x parrot.sh

****** Modify your personal settings here
** Modify Analog_Bridge.ini

decoderFallBack = true
txPort = 31103
rxPort = 31100
gatewayDmrId = 312xxxxxxx(your DMR ID)
repeaterID = 312xxxxxx(your DMR ID plus 2 digits)
txPort = 50111
rxPort = 50111
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
agcGain = 6
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = 0.35

** Modify MMDVM_Bridge.ini

cd /opt/MMDVM_Bridge
nano MMDVM_Bridge.ini

** Change this:

[General]
Callsign=EA2XXXXXX(your callsign)
Id=312xxxxxxx(your DMR ID)
Timeout=180
Duplex=0

[DMR]
Enable=1
ColorCode=1
EmbeddedLCOnly=1
DumpTAData=0

[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=74.91.118.251(your favorite Brandmeister server)
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
Slot1=1
Slot2=1
Debug=0

**** Activate the system

systemctl enable md380-emu
systemctl start md380-emu

systemctl enable analog_bridge
systemctl start analog_bridge

systemctl enable mmdvm_bridge
systemctl start mmdvm_bridge

done

I hope this instruction help you.

73
Carlos
KP4CA

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

Instead of below you can just do ;

mv Analog_Bridge.amd64 Analog_Bridge

Then there is nothing to remove

On 20/11/19 8:56 pm, Carlos Minguela via Groups.Io wrote:
cp Analog_Bridge.amd64 Analog_Bridge
rm Analog_Bridge.amd64

SP2ONG Waldek

Carlos,

One remark, replace word 'blob' to 'raw' in below links

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 02:56 AM, Carlos Minguela wrote:
wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/Analog_Bridge/blob/master/dvsm.macro
wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/Analog_Bridge/blob/master/dvswitch.sh

73 Waldek

Carlos Minguela

Thanks Waldek.  I will try to correct the original post.

73

Carlos